PDA

View Full Version : Ladder suggestion

Shabbaman
08-04-2003, 10:51
It would be cool to make a civilization ranking next to the player ranking. It'd work exactly like the ladder, so the winning civ gets a percentage of the points of the losing civ.
This then could be combined with various rules concerning civ selection, e.g. if you pick a higher ranked civ you play second or something.

So, if someone plays Korea he gets to play 10 turns before the other player starts.

Does it sound interesting?

IMVHO (remember that I moderate this forum ;)) it'd be nice to see a ranking of civs next to the usual 'ottomans rule since they are scientific/industrious and their UU rules for an entire age' arguments v.s. 'korea sucks since you can't get them into their Golden Age especially if you build the Observatory instead of Newton's University'.

ERIKK
08-04-2003, 11:57
The Ottomans do rule with their UU, people shouldn't choose that civ all thge time. I agree but the Americans, English for instance have to get their GA with building wonders.

Lt. Killer M
08-04-2003, 12:26
ERIKK: I have ottomans, Anarres has Vikings, map happenes to be archipelago......

now the challange is to find a similar weakness for each other civ to exploit against the Ottomans... Let people chose them; if an oppontent of mine tkaes them I will find a way to counter them...

Shabbaman
08-04-2003, 12:35
I ban you both for threadjacking. I didn't intend to come up with an ottoman thread, but with some fancy schmancy statistic trick.

anarres
08-04-2003, 12:57
Go Shabba!

I think that as long as the ladder admins have the game results published you should be able to make this list.

I nominate Shabba to do all the work. :D

Melifluous
08-04-2003, 13:42
I second that!

Melifluous

Shabbaman
08-04-2003, 13:48
I ban you two as well.

Well, you're right of course, instead of whining I could to it myself.

WildFire
08-04-2003, 14:11
Than stop whining and do it already!

digger760
08-04-2003, 16:10
Back to your original post. I think it would be to complicated for the ladder to include civ bonuses. There are way to many factors involved that may benefit one civ or another on any given map.

eg Vikings on archipelago
civs with horse units on lots of grassland.

Choose your civ wisely i say (even though i usually don't put much thought into it myself)

ProPain
08-04-2003, 17:03
good suggestion Shabba. You're hereby appointed to 'civ3 ladder civladder manager':D

anarres
08-04-2003, 18:44
[rotfl]

Congrats Shabba! :D [thumbsup]

Shabbaman
09-04-2003, 08:50
[wallbash]