PDA

View Full Version : Some more forum ideas

Beam
16-06-2004, 20:36
Just a couple of things that came to mind.
- Would be nice if there is a user setting specifying the next page after posting. Right now it is http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/default.asp but I usually prefer to use Active Topics.
- Have user settings for timezone and forumtime. Not saying that it is the one hour delay cause of British Time causing me going to bed too late. ;)
- Show the last time the auto-reloading pages were loaded. Sometimes the client forgets to auto-reload.
- A central place on the main page for articles about civ strat, pbem strat, handy tools, civ inner workings. PP's Mil. Advisor and anars flip calculator are very good examples of items that should be in such a place.

All convenience issues of course but I would really like to see them implemented making CDZ even better.

Plux
25-07-2004, 18:47
I like these ideas, so ***KICK*** :D

And to add some:
- let that user setting specifying the next page after posting (or editing a post, for that matter) also include as an option the last post of the thread you just posted in (i.e. you're own post). Or if it can't be an option, then just implement it in the current code! IIRC now the thread you posted in is opened, but at the top and I hate having to scroll down all the way to my new shiny and very valuable comments! ;)
- When uploading a file (picture), the page is scrolled back to the top. Very annoying [rant]! Why can't it just stay where it is (at the quick reply box)??

If I'm just being dumb and missing some setting somewhere, please do enlighten me :).