PDA

View Full Version : Dr Alimentado vs anarres SPOILER

anarres
07-04-2003, 23:49
Here is my open thread (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49897).

anarres
16-04-2003, 19:58
5 - meet France, get Alphabet and 1 gold for Pottery and Warrior Code.

9 - Get 25 gold from a hut

13 - Meet the Iroquois, give Alphabet and 27 gold for Bronze Wroking and Ceremonial Burial, they go from Cautious to Polite, switch capital to spearman.

14 - pop a hut and get masonry. :D

20 - Meet the Ottomans. They need Alphabet but have nothing to trade.

21 - Meet the Celts. Give Masonry and 8 gold for The Wheel (I was 8 turns away at max research). Sell The Wheel to France for Mysticism and 44 gold.

22 - Get a warrior from a hut.

25 - Get a city from a hut, but it is 20 tiles west from my capital. Maybe I will build a settler from it to send home... [ponder]

27 - Build granary.

28 - Meet China.

37 - Pay 177 and 1 gpt for Writing from the Iroquois.

Get Contact with the English, Horseback Riding and 12 gold for Writing and 1 gpt.

Get Iron Working and 2 gold from the English for Writing

Sell contact with the Ottomans to China for 37 gold.

anarres
26-04-2003, 20:36
45 - Kazan, my free city in the middle of nowhere grows to size 3, rushes a settler, and next turn will make the long journey home with the warrior built there.

Pay 112 gold and 5 gpt to Iroquois for Maths.

Get 216 gold and contact with the Spanish (DrA) selling Maths around.

46 - Found Tabriz

48 - Iroquois demand 30 gold, I give in. France have Map Making but 195 gold and 3 gpt isn't anywhere enough to impress Joan.

49 - Damn! Everyone suddenly has Map Making. :(

Buy Map Making from France for 226 gold.

From traing the Wrold Map around I get 129 gold and Polytheism (and a full World Map)

59 - Buy Code of Laws from France for 240 gold. From selling it I get Literature, 2 workers and 56 gold.

60 - Found Ulaanbaatar

63 - Sell Code of Laws to the Ottomans and Celts gettting just 60 gold.

Pay China 150 gold for Philosophy. Sell to the Iroquois for a worker and 15 gold.

64 - Found Hovd next to some incense in the desert.

65 - Found Darhan next to some spices. I had to settle early to stop the French nicking it.

68 - Chinese demand 22 gold, I give in this time.

69 - Get Construction from the English for 3 techs and 70 gold and 3 gpt.

Get Currency from China for Construction

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/anarres/2003426203610_DrA069.minimap.jpg
8.6KB

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/anarres/2003426203627_DrA069.map.jpg
129.6KB

anarres
19-05-2003, 23:38
79 - Ottmans demand 32 gold, I refuse and they declare war.

83 - Kill a couple of Ottoman Horsemen.

84 - Celts demand 38 gold and TM, I give in.

90 - Research Monarchy from 40-turn.

Buy Republic from France for 463 gold, spices, silks and 1 gpt.

For Republic I get Feudalism from the English.

Ror Republic and Feudalism I get Monotheism WM and 28 gold from the Iroquois.

Go to anarchy, 5 turns.

93 - Attacking the Ottomans on my doorstep I get a leader! [dance]

I decide to go for Sun Tz's art of war, and rush it this turn. Leonardos is what I really want, but it will take too long for me to get to invention...

94 - Ohh, that feels gooood...

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/anarres/2003519233621_DrA.094.SunTzu.jpg
41.18KB

95 - Become a Republic.

100 - AAARRRGGGGHHHH!!! Lose Hove, my incense city to a flip! [saiyan]

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/anarres/2003519233649_DrA.100.flip.jpg
51.32KB

This calls for dirty tactics. France has 10 turns left on a deal, and I can't wait that long.

I pay them 26 gpt for an Alliance against the Ottomans, and 62 gold.

101 - Great news! the Ottomans have taken Marseilles

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/anarres/2003519233636_DrA.102.ottoman.jpg
74.52KB

103 - Get my iron connected. I upgrade 8 warriors to MI. I forgto about MI and so don't have enough money for my upgrades. Still, I have enough for Marseilles

104 - I have a leader in my city! My elite spear must have generated it.

106 - This is it. I have to lose my rep and declare on France. I get an RoP and move next to a few cities.

108 - Declare war and raze Avignon, and take Rheims and Rouen.

Sell Currency and Construction to DrA for 8 gpt. He says France is offering it to him for 20 gold and 11 gpt.

110 - Capture Grenoble in the north.

116 - Capture Paris! [dance] I now have control of the Hanging Gardens and the Great Library.

117 - Get Engineering, Theology, Invention, Education, Astronomy and Banking from GL

112 - Paris flips, but I have my trops outside, so I take it straight back.

Make peace with the Ottomans gaining a few gold.

122 - Make peace with the Celts getting 20 gold as some of their units appear.

126: Lose Paris to a culture flip. [rolleyes] At least I was prepared for it, I get it straight back.

Rase Orleans and build 2 cities in it's place, one directly on some dyes and the Ereen on a source of horses! [coool]

Rush the FP there with my spare leader, switch my military production over to Keshiks.

Get 12 gpt from China for Silks.

anarres
31-05-2003, 03:47
134 - Raze Chartres.

135 - Take and keep Tours (size 9). This may be a mistake, but I plan for the French capital to be far away soon. Raze Lyons, the new French capital.

138 - Make peace with the Frence, getting Chemistry, Navigation, 8 gold and 5 gpt.

141 - Take Besancon. I almost have enough now from the French, their capital is mailes away and I have land access to wines now.

142 - Found Atlay, next to some wines. Take Dijon, I can make peace, the area around the wines is secure.

Make peace with the French, getting Music Theory, Chemistry and Navigation.

144 - Buy Physics for WM and 1341 form China.

152 - GA ends. [sad]

Buy Magnetism for WM and 1711 gold from China. Give England Magnetism and 180 gold for Metallurgy. Switch science to 100% Theory of Gravity.

156 - With 1 turn left I buy ToG from the English for 359 gold, set science to Steam Power (11 turns at 90%, -14gpt).

158 - Sell Chemistry to DrA for 600 gold and 40gpt for 10 turns. This is cheap for him but allows me to get Steam Power in a couple of turns less.

In 9 turns I get Steam Power and Railroads (praying for coal!). I will then be unstoppable as I am several techs ahead of Dr A, and the jump in production and growth will be massive.

Here is my empire: [groucho]

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/anarres/200353135122_DrA.158.jpg
141.26*KB

With my FP in Ereen in the South East I am well placed to expand towards DrA and still have productive cities.

WildFire
31-05-2003, 03:54
Wow, your doing good.

Yet again. Plan your victory speech yet?

anarres
06-06-2003, 00:20
164 - I get Steam Power, and I have 2 coal! :D

Sell ToG and Magnetism to the Ottomans for Military Tradition and Printing Press. Hopefully they will get Nationalism free ang I can trade Steam Power for it.

173 - Get MPP's with China and Iroquois. This way DrA will likely be unable to afford MA's against me, and if he attacks without he will have to face both of them.

174 - Sell Steam Power to the English for 61 gold and 40 gpt.

175 - Research Electricity, set to Replacable Parts. Pay 41 with it to the Ottos for Industrialization. I then give Electricity and Industrialization to the Iroquois for Nationalism.

Get 22 gpt from the Ottomans for Coal, and 11 gpt from the Rnglish for Incense and Horses.

I set a Palace pre-build for either ToG (will have 600 shields in 23 turns, and 3 techs before I get to it), or for Hoover Dam if need be (I still have a spare leader around).

After careful consideration I decide to mobilise, but I will wait until next turn so a couple of cities can complete stuff and set a new non-mnilitary build.

No victory speach yet, after DrA's performance in jack's game I am counting on an attack on me soon. My hope is to mobilise and get enough riflemen built to make a stand, and to then get ToE and Hoover Dam, after which I will be in a much stronger position.

anarres
11-06-2003, 23:12
176 - Set science to 0%, will do this for a couple of turns so I can upgrade all my obselete units.

177 - England demands Industrialization! [lol] No way shit-fer-brains!

178 - Info from DrA:

- I declared on iroquois
- put a worker in their territory
- end turn
- the iroquois attack my worker
- chinese declar on english (unrelated..)
- I auto-declare on eng
- china declare on iroquois
- ottos declare on iroquois
- you declare on me
- frenchies declare on me too i think, or was that a trade -emabrgo??

I get an MA against the SPanish with the Iroquois and get 7 gpt out of it.

They also give me 24 gpt for a MA aginst the Ototmans! :D

185 - The war rages on, I have only killed one unit so far. The Iroquois are acting as a very good buffer zone, and I have a nice single mountain to defend against the Chinese.

I research Replacable Parts this turn, set science to 70% Medicine. I still intend to rush one and build the other with Hoover/ToE if I can. I was hoping that DrA would also go for Replacable Parts for defense, so I could also get it first. Unfortunately DrA already has it, this means he has a head start on Medicine, if he doesn't have it already. [mad]

WildFire
12-06-2003, 00:07
I notice that ur the only one who renames their cities. I should do that ;)

Good job btw ;)

anarres
20-06-2003, 15:38
187 - Make straight Peace with China after taking out 6 or 7 units in my territory. Pay China 33 gpt for an MA against Spain.

Next turn the Chinese will attack the Iroquois again and my MPP will force me to declare war on China. It's no biggie since my rep is shot and the 35 gpt is useful in my pocket. ;)

I set a few non-military units building then switch back to Mobilisation.

Give the Iroquois 13 gpt for Silks and Dyes.

My MPP with the Iroquois no longer exists! Is it normal to lose your MPP when you sign a peace treaty with your common foe?? Maybe I made the deal 20 turns ago, but if so then it was a quick 20 turns....

188 - The Iroquois are getting hit hard - I now share a border with DrA. I sell Gems, Saltpeter and Iron to the Iroquois for 60 gpt.

Pay the Ottomans 3 gpt for peace.

Set science to 0% to get some gold for riflemen upgrades.

189 - Finally we come to blows:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/anarres/2003620121120_DrA_189.jpg
223.35KB

I take and auto-raze Vigo killing 4 Infantry and 1 Cavalry, and losing 7 Cav, 5 more retreating. Next I withdraw the wounded Cav and pillage the city tile and another tile 2 to the SW.

I also kill a leader when I take the city! [eek] Defensive leaders are pretty rare since the chances of getting them is only 1 in 32...

Establish an embassy with the Ottomans for 71 gold. Make an MA against DrA giving Replacable Parts and getting 9 gpt. He had a trade embargo against me, now it is over I give him Coal and Iron for Ivory. [evil]

I make peace with England. Embassy costs 92 gold. MA against DrA costs Replacable Parts.

I realise that my Leader that I've been saving is now useless since China has ToE, so I make an army. I only have 1 Cav left to put in it, and I take a very small risk attacking a French Longbowman with my 1 Cav army. Now I switch my Palace Pre-Build (was for Hoover) to Military Acadamy.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/anarres/2003620121543_DrA_189_diplo.jpg
100.85KB

anarres
08-07-2003, 00:58
190 - Make Peace with the Celts, getting 20 gold.

192 - DrA has just made peace with China and the Iroquois and got MA's against me. I us most my Cav taking Oil Springs, and disband 2 conscript inf and 1 conscript rifle to give temple next turn.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/anarres/2003780573_DrA_192.jpg
120KB

193 - Fuck, I left a way through to my army and it got taken out. :(

Several more cav have gone, this is bad... [cry]

I disband Oil Springs and pull back. My forces are weak now, and DrA has caught me while I was building factories. I am going to try to make a peace deal, but I suspect DrA will want to much. In 20 turns I can build enough defenses to last until I get tanks, I hope that to be before DrA does.

194 - Take out a longbow with an Elite Med Inf and get a Leader. :D

I pay the Ottomans Medicine for an Alliance against DrA. I also get 110 gold and 74 gpt in the deal. I know it will only be for 6 turns, but even so, it is wirth it for that.

195 - Make straight peace with the Iroquois.

France join me in an MA against DrA for Saltpeter and Steam Power. They also need iron and horses, but I'll keep that to myself. ;)

198 - Research The Corporation.

AI - DrA has bombarded one of my cities and taken out 3 buildings. [mad]

199 - Sell The Corporation to the Ottomans for Free Artistry, 696 gold and 18 gpt.

Make peace with China getting Scientific Method, Sanitation and Refining, giving Free Artistry and 787 gpt.

A massive diplo session with DrA results in the following treaty:

- peace, no embargos or MA's against the other human, let current MA's and embargos die naturally for 30 turns, ending in turn 229, at the start of DrA's turn.
- no MA's, no MPP's, and no chinese RoP for 40 turns, ending at the start of anarres' turn 249

Read the full text in the open thread.

I will use my leader to rush Hoover, the Chinese won't beat me to it and DrA has not got Medicine yet. From there I guess I will be first to tanks too. [mwaha]

ERIKK
08-07-2003, 07:12
[lol]

...no MA's anymore... [confused]

Skyfish
08-07-2003, 07:54
Once again it seems you have outplayed your opponent in the Diplo round as well.
Why did Dr A agree to such conditions ? He must have been in pretty bad shape as well no ?

anarres
08-07-2003, 10:31
He was going to fall from Democracy and lose the reduced corruption and a turn's production. Now I get my cities not being bombarded and he gets to stay in Democracy.

China was never going to reach me and even when they were at war with me they would walk in to DrA's land ready for me to make peace and turn them against DrA.

I'm gonna get Hoover's Dam. :D

anarres
30-08-2003, 20:47
204 - Complete Iron Works! [dance]

China has been encroaching with a few mini-SoD's. There are 2 stacks of 15 to 20, and several more smaller ones, about 10 each. I hope to get to speak to them before they pillage too much. There is no realistic chance of them taking a city.

209 - Complete Atomic Theory.

I make peace with the Celts, giving them Shakespeare's theatre and getting a couple of workers and 66 gold.

214 - At last China will talk! That's good, I've been suffering from about 40 or 50 Chinese Inf and Gurillas in my territory, stopping me working tiles.

Make peace and get 4 gpt and 68 gold from it.

218 - Research Electronics and rush Hoovers with my leader.

223 - China gets Steel 2 turns before I am due to get it. I buy it for 1007 gold from China.

[lol] DrA already has it! I held off selling the Chinese Atomic Theory in case DrA could buy it from them for Atomic Theory the turn he got it. I get Combustion in 7 if I have to balance my gpt, so I decide on selling China Atomic Theory for Furs, Espoinage, Communism and 1194 gold. Now I can set science to 100% and get Combustion in 5.

225 - DrA steals Electronics from me!! [mad] On the bright side he traded it around but forgot to gift it to China. I swap it with China for Combustion.

231 - We agree to extend our peace deal to turn 241 to end in my turn. The MA deal ends in 254 in DrA's turn. The negotiations were very painful, you can ask Jack Merchant who had to sit through it...

233 - Research Motorised Transportation! hehe, tanks are here! [tank]

anarres
02-09-2003, 21:57
240 - Research Radio.

241 - Shell Seville with Arty:

Destroy Barracks, Walls, Temple
Kill 5 citizens
Take 1HP from Inf x10
Take 2HP from Inf x5
33 misses

Attack Vet Infs with Tanks:

11 tanks retreat
8 tanks lost
Kill 14 Inf

hehe, now there is a Cav army, a single tank kills it. :D

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/anarres/200392215651_DrA241.cavarmy.jpg
88.31KB

Now we are on to the 2/3HP Regular/Vet Inf:

2 tanks retreat
2 tanks lost
Kill 17 Inf

Attack with elite tanks (promoted this turn):

2 tanks lost
6 tanks retreat
Kill 29 Inf

Get a leader. :D

I put 90 Inf on the Mountain to protect the 30 tanks (almost all Elite), and 56 Inf in the city protecting as many Arty.

Finally I pillage a rail link DrA has left further south:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/anarres/200392215725_DrA241.pillage.jpg
32.06KB

ERIKK
02-09-2003, 22:03
[lol]

...carry on the onslaught!

anarres
03-09-2003, 00:47
I don't have the turn back yet - the one core city he can get to will be emptied of improvements and size 1 next turn. My slim glimmer of hope is that he can't get the inf as fast as I can destroy them, and he can't get enough tanks to take out my Inf.

Ironically he pillaged a line between our territories last turn, denying him the ability to shell another core city, and the working tiles of yet another. [crazyeye]

Lt. Killer M
03-09-2003, 06:27
anarres, might it be that he feared a lot more of a push? It certainly looks like he did, he has drawn into a shell - only thing that has me wonder is that he didn't forest to borders to stop your tanks dead on entry.......

Aggie
03-09-2003, 07:14
DrA obviously did a good job. It's very rare these days that one survives a first blow with rails and arty and tanks. Have you any insight on his troops?

anarres
03-09-2003, 10:03
I have tried planting a spy a couple of times and failed. Democracy is a fucker to deal with.

If I can't get through to him I intend to wear him down over time - the border means my tanks can attack twice and then stay on the mountin. His tanks can attack my fortified and protected mountain if he wants, but I can't see him killing too many units that way, even with tanks. Fortified Inf with a fortress on a mountain is defense 27.5, the radar towers on both sides should cancel each other out.

If he comes for my city his tanks will be in my territory and much easier to kill. I guess my attack is much easier than his atm.

anarres
07-09-2003, 22:52
242 - DrA sends this battle report from his attack on Baruun-Urt:

quote:1 hp reductions: 5
2 hp reductions: 3
Pop reduction: 10
Buildings destroyed:
Harbour
Market
Library
Bank
University
Factory
Misses: 20

abandon seville and raze the rails/road on the tile with arty.

one thing... at the beginning of the turn all my cities are extremely happy, Then..... the instant I draft a conscript my empire descends into 50-70% WW !! Is this right??? it is not how i understood WW to work at all...

I decide to plant a spy for about the 4th time, and at last it works! My first job is to expose DrA's mole, and I manage it too. Hopefully he will fail when he tries for a few turns...

I arty DrA's Inf on the mountain:

1hp: 27
2hp: 7
misses: 26

anarres
10-09-2003, 23:19
243 - Shell Madrid with 26 Arty:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/anarres/2003910231823_DrA243.warfront.jpg
116.34*KB

5 x 1HP
1 x 2HP
3 citizens killed
destroy walls
16 misses

Shell Badajoz with 21 Arty:

3 x 1HP
3 x 2HP
6 citizens killed
destroy walls
8 misses

Send in the tanks to Madrid:

2 die
1 retreat
9 Infs killed

Wow, less defense than I thought! I decide to raze it.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/anarres/2003910231748_DrA243.warfront2_no_madrid.jpg
79.51*KB

I take the 2 lone arty with a Cav. I take 1HP from the lone (top left) Inf on the mountain.

I decide to shell Badajoz some more (9 shots)

1 x 1HP
1 x 2HP
1 citizens killed
6 misses

Send in 4 tank armies to Badajoz, killing 4 Vet Infs.

Send in single tanks, 9 Infs killed, no retreats or losses. This time I take the city before abandoning it. Annoyingly I seem to have forgotten a pic...

Finally I move in Inf to consolidate.

DrA is in anarchy now, to chance to Republic (I assume). Since I just took 2 cities and killed another 22 units I guess he will still be suffering WW, just less.

Lt. Killer M
11-09-2003, 02:06
if I was him I'd decidedly NOT be off for a WW-susceptible gov.......

his job is NOT to come out looking good but to ruin you - watch out! I had one (admittedly online MP) game go totally tits-up when someone pulled the 'I can draft and whip faster than you' shit on me! He went commy early and used numbers vs. quality.... it took a suicidal partner to win that one - and you HAVE NO partner!

anarres
11-09-2003, 10:26
I think Commie would kill DrA, he has about 3 times the OCN.

Monarchy would also be very bad for corruption, I would win the spacerace if that happens, unless he can push me form Republic while he is at it. Hmm, on second thoughts maybe Monarchy and a few hits on my troops would fuck me enough for me to change and lose several turns of production. [hmm]

digger760
15-09-2003, 15:40
hmmmm no mini map...what is the AI situation in this game? This question is in relation to your "what if the AI win thread" but i did'nt want to discuss a running game in an open thread.

Is there any chance of the AI winning by diplo or space race maybe there is'nt but...if they launched now who would be the winner?

anarres
15-09-2003, 16:53
China can win by Diplo. A UN vote held by China would include China and DrA as the 2 candidates.

DrA in this case can vote for whoever he thinks will win, since either will net him a victory. He can even sabotage the AI so they hate him, giving China extra votes.

DrA has the most score, but I am more likely to reach the UN if China don't make it before me (DrA is currently Commie, I am Republic). By making DrA change to Commie I thought I pulled a game winner - Commie is only good for war, and I think he is just short of the tiles needed for Domination, without taking some of mine. I can hold off until the UN, but if not I may still be able to get a Space win [groucho]. A land war is unlikely to go in my favour, no matter what I do.

In my Gothmog game (another example) he has 6 distinct lux's within 10 tiles of his capital, I have 1. My second lux is 13 tiles form my Capital. In that game there is no way I can get a higher score than Gothmog, ever. If an AI wins in the Modern Age it makes me annoyed he would win (although I doubt the AI's will make it that far).

anarres
20-09-2003, 19:10
245 - I take the last 2 Iroquois cities and come out of Mobilisation. Now I declare war on France.

Since I need to reduce the change of a UN win for China or DrA I am taking out the small civs. There is no way I could win the UN now. I declare war on the Celts and pay China ??? for an MA aginast them.

I've spent several hours in peace negotiations with DrA over the last couple of days. In the end it all fell apart though, I am going to go for the UN I think.

246 - Battle report from DrA:

42 arty bombard ur stack S of baraan-urt

8 misses
11 2hp
23 1hp

I take another French city. There is an Ivory tile in the NW, but I have to take a Chinese city to get it. I decide to take the whole peninsula, I can fend of China at a fortified mountain.

I use my leader as I will win at least 40 Elite battles this turn. I take 3 Chinese cities and another French one.

Wow, I get a leader after about 10 battles and then get another with the very next win! [lol] [dance]

246 - Battle report from DrA:

bombad rails off tiles around Tosontengel.

49 arty bombard Tosontengel itself:

damage to infantry armies:
1 hp: 2
2hp: 4

miss: 24
pop killed: 10
buildings detsroyed:
police station
civil defense
courthouse
granary
market place
library
factory
bank
university

Hmm, that's another core city useless. :(

I bombard DrA's mountain stack of Inf with 25 arty:

9 x 1HP
3 x 2HP

Next I take the last French city, and the last Chinese city on my NW peninsula.

The Celts are down to 1 city, so I gift them one far away in my territory:

The AI civs left are China, England and the Celts. To win the UN someone will need to get 3 votes. Providing nothing bad happens I can get the Celt vote (they are only annoyed now, after a long time at furious), I can also get the English vote, they have been Cautious for some time. Of course, DrA could wipe either out before the UN (the Celt city via peace treaty), or China could build it and be in the vote, or England may even vote for DrA, I have no knowedge of their history.

I am still not sure if to go for fission or not. I can go for computers and get Research Labs everywhere, or maybe even go straight for the next tech and the Internet. Since I can't keep up with DrA in military I can't see any point in the top branch and Modern Armours... [hmm]

247 - Research Flight. DrA already has it, and I can't speak to China to buy Amphibious War for it, so I gift Flight to the Celts and English to reduce it's price.

Shell stack of 90 Vet Inf on mountain with 54 Arty:

34 x 1HP
6 x 2HP
14 misses

Skyfish
20-09-2003, 21:51
quote:I think Commie would kill DrA, he has about 3 times the OCN.

I slightly disagree.

May I refer you to the analysis made by my emminent colleague Mr T-Hawk on Communism ?
It really is not that bad for an Always War govt under certain circumstances :
Post #111
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59054&perpage=20&display=&highlight=Communism&pagenumber=6

Lt. Killer M
21-09-2003, 18:33
it seems to me Dr A is doing quite well in Commie....

anarres
21-09-2003, 22:31
Yeah, I am suprised at it's effectiveness, despite DrA's massive empire. :(

anarres
04-10-2003, 20:41
249 - Battle report from DrA: quote:just bombarded improvements from all tiles I could reach with arty. (no
bombards of troops or cities though!)

I shell the mountain tile just N of Santiago with 54 Arty.

damage:
19 x 1HP
6 x 2HP
29 misses

250 - Battle report from DrA:
quote:
bombard some improvements from tiles nr baruun-urt

bombard stack on E mount next to baruun-urt with 53 arty

29 misses
army 1hp - 5
army 2hp - 1
inf 1 hp - 14
inf 2 hp - 4

Shell the mountain tile with 20 of DrA's Inf (1 N from Santiago) with 40 Arty:

14 x 1HP
5 x 2HP
21 misses

I am shelling lots of Chinese units as they crawl over the mountains to me, and also lots of boats that are combarding my costal cities. Fortunatly the boats seem to be fairly useless (I Battleship and about 15 Ironclads).

251 - Battle report from DrA:
quote:
70 arty bombard mountain tile 1 E of B-Urt

misses: 27

vet inf 1 hp: 28
2hp: 10

inf army 1hp: 1
2hp: 1

tank 1hp: 1
con inf 1 hp: 2

I use all my arty taking out a stack of 2 Chinese units on their way to me. I get lots more elite tanks.

252 - Battle report:
quote:
bombard road/rails off tile 1S 1SE of bayanhongor with 2 destroyers and a bomber

bombard road/rails off tile 1E tosontogel with 2 arty

bombard stack on mount 1E of B-Urt with 70 arty;

misses: 20

inf army 1hp: 8
2hp: 2

tank armies 1hp: 7
2hp: 5

vet inf 1hp: 19
2hp: 9DrA's Inf have come very close to me. Next turn he can attack my core with his tanks. I decide to try for peace again...

After a lengthy diplo session we agree the following:
quote:
Posted by DrA in open thread on CFC
we agree peace until turn 279, ending on my turn (27 turns)
no MPP's or MA's against eachother until 280, ending on anarres turn (28 turns)

MA's vs AI are okay, as are RoP's

no settling new cities on our border - except the immediate refounding of santiago which was disbanded last turn to do a settler creep manouvere.

we can both work all tiles up to the border.

no tresspassing!So peace reigns again. MA will be around by the time we war again, and it will be hard to resist. I have few things up my sleve though. [satan]

ProPain
15-10-2003, 10:57
So how are things progressing?

anarres
15-10-2003, 11:24
badly.

I have a cunning plan though - more details soon. [groucho]

Skyfish
15-10-2003, 18:19
But I thought the 'cunning' plan was a UN win, that seems to be off the board though as the AIs are gone no ?
We also read somewhere [groucho] that you disbanded loads of Artis [confused] why did you do that ?

anarres
20-10-2003, 00:36
258 - Make peace with China for 662 gold (all Mao has).

259 - Research Computers and switch my pre-build to SETI.

268 - Research Ecology, I have run a deficit for 4 turns. I sell off all the Airports and Civil Defenses that I have built over the last 4 turns for cash and try to plant a spy, and fail. [cry]

My plan is to steal most of the Spaceship techs and beat him to it. I will have to get plenty of defense when DrA comes to attack with MA, but Veteran MA against Veteran MI won't retreat very often so I hope his losses will be heavy.

269 - Try to plant another spy and fail again. [rolleyes]

278 - Sky said I may have to wait 5 or 10 turns before I can plant a spy again, so after 8 turns wait I try again and succeed! [coool]

I safely steal a tech for 3500 gold. DrA has Fission, Rocketry and Synthetic Fibers to choose from - I go for Synthetic Fibers.

279 - Hmm, aparently you can steal more than 1 tech a turn! [coool]

I steal safely for 3500 and get Fission. I steal safely again and get Space Flight, then to top it I go for a careful steal (about 2700) and get Fission!!!! [dance]

I still have several thousand in the bank from over 10 turns of saving cash, my remaining techs fo rthe space race are:

Superconductor
Satellites
Nuclear Power
The Laser

On careful examination I realise I have no chance at all. DrA's 35 tactical nukes will take me out this turn - I have pillaged around my border cities in the north to stop the marine beachead and invasion. I almost abandoned all my costal cities to give me more time - but I realsie that is half my productive cities and the space race would be a no-no in that case.

Here is the land-border before and after I abandoned these border cities:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/anarres/2003102003542_DrA.279.before.jpg
169.5KB

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/anarres/200310200366_DrA.279.after.jpg
189.33KB

Aggie
20-10-2003, 07:36
I really like to see your 'after' pic anarres [saiyan]

ProPain
20-10-2003, 11:04
So why didnt you talke the peace offer and tries to squeeze out the spaceship before dr.A??

anarres
20-10-2003, 12:57
I was bored of waiting for DrA to kill me...

col
20-10-2003, 15:11
Besides he would take the money and then kill you anyway.

DrAlimentado
22-10-2003, 02:09
Hehe... actually I would have honoured the deal :D

But back in demo and with anarres at -400gpt I would have been faster at research, and I would have been real strict about the payments and disbanding of anarres miliatry, and any breach of these or any (successful) attempt to remove my spy would have meant armageddon. Once he had no military mine would have gone to a strike force plus a nuclear arsenal placed to hit at a moments notice... it wasn't an entirely realistic offer.

Aggie
22-10-2003, 07:04
Good job DrA :D