PDA

View Full Version : Diplomacy Schedule Change

ERIKK
24-05-2004, 14:46
[u]Deadline for the build orders.</u>

(The move orders are set on Friday 22:00 CET)
(The retreat orders are set on Sathurday 22:00 CET)

To all diplo players. Let us know what you think!

Stapel
24-05-2004, 16:11
I think we can make it a bit more complicated.

Leave it at sunday night, but do not publish when not all have reacted yet.

Since the building phase is no diplo phase, this should work out. Real deadline at monday 12:00 hours. Retreat is not much of a problem, since they can be automated.

Socrates
24-05-2004, 17:05
First, I want to remind you that the current deadlines are on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, at 6pm GMT, which means 20:00 CET.

Then, I think that a deadline for adjustment on Monday, at 12:00 GMT could be good : that would let the whole Monday morning to wake up, and post the orders. ;) No need to change for movement orders. As for retreat orders, I think it's OK to keep it on Saturday evening. Retreats represent little in the total number of orders, and people who are concerned with it should be aware of it soon after the movement orders are posted, and post their orders (which shouldn't take long to think of) immediately. I insist on posting all orders, movement, retreats or adjustment, at once. col and Stapel were able to build after seeing other people's builds in game #1, but that shouldn't be allowed now.

Please understand that if we now set adjustment orders on Monday, then the new map won't be posted before Monday evening. Anyway you people are smart enough to imagine the new map by yourself, so as to start discussions.

barbu1977
24-05-2004, 17:24
I like monday morning CET that gives us, in north america, at least all sunday to do our moves. If we are away for the week end, we are able to do it when we come back sunday night.