PDA

View Full Version : Sorry I've been AWOL recently...

anarres
21-05-2004, 14:03
RL has just been too much recently - it seems like life is still for ages, then everything happens at once.

Suffice to say that I may still have to work the next 2 (possibly 3) weekends, until our next major release is out. Once this is done I should be around much more.

Home life has also been very hectic of late, although I think that it is calming down now. Time will tell...

Thanks to everyone who has been working hard in the ISDG and MM forums and elsewhere, and sorry for not being able to take part more.

Lt. Killer M
21-05-2004, 14:19
just you watch your head! ;)

col
21-05-2004, 14:29
quote:Originally posted by anarres
Suffice to say that I may still have to work the next 2 (possibly 3) weekends, until our next major release is out. Once this is done I should be around much more.

I'll look forward to hearing it on the radio.

Beam
21-05-2004, 23:07
quote:it seems like life is still for ages, then everything happens at once

Life is there for ages, occasional hick-ups just happen. Take it easy.

Matrix
22-05-2004, 10:40
I had the same crap last two weeks. Not a single day free, even for the evenings. http://www.straland.com/images/smilies/suicide.gif

yndy
30-05-2004, 19:46
I just noticed this, being more or less in the same situation. Anyway it seems that everything is back to normal now.

Shabbaman
24-11-2005, 12:33
I've figured out where you are this time. Dr. A. is forcing you to click him soldiers with ClickWhore.

Darkness
06-12-2005, 14:12
I saw a couple of posts by anarres in CFC's OT today (and yesterday)...
Maybe RL is finally slowing down for him? :)

Shabbaman
06-12-2005, 14:20
That'd mean that he's still alive. Since his last post dates from 16 Oct 2005 and last visit from 24 Oct 2005 that was something to be curious about. Anyway, not posting here must hurt him more than it hurts us.

Maybe he got married ;)

Socrates
06-12-2005, 14:45
anarres sometimes posts in CFC's OT during the day, but this has nothing to do with some activity or not at CDZ. He was still engaged in heavy arguments at a time when he was letting down CDZ already (last summer). Since even DrA doens't seem to know as well, I guess there isn't much to do about it.

Melifluous
06-12-2005, 14:59
quote:Originally posted by kryszcztov

... he was letting down CDZ already ...

You mean like running off to 'other sites' and crying because we broke some rules?

anarres hasn't let anyone down, he PAYS for the damned site.

Think before you post please.

[meli]

Socrates
06-12-2005, 15:05
quote:Originally posted by Melifluous

You mean like running off to 'other sites' and crying because we broke some rules?

[meli]

Nah I was just referring to the fact that he was posting less and less, not doing any admin job as well, to the point that he once became 'anonymous' and then disappeared. Nothing more. That's what I said by 'letting down'. It is more about the community than the site itself.

Shabbaman
06-12-2005, 15:15
I assume you mean it less rude as it sounds.

akots
06-12-2005, 15:18
Now recently everyone is so sensitive... Might be Sirian pandemic spreading. "She kisses me windy" like Red Hot guys sing.

Darkness
06-12-2005, 15:19

[meli]

Nah I was just referring to the fact that he was posting less and less, not doing any admin job as well, to the point that he once became 'anonymous' and then disappeared. Nothing more. That's what I said by 'letting down'. It is more about the community than the site itself.

Krys,

I have no idea what you're going on about... [???]

I know for 100% sure that this member of this community does not feel let down by anarres' low level of participation since the summer.
I would kindly like to ask you that if you feel compelled to judge anothers' actions, please do so on your own account, without making references to the community (for which you can not speak, as you are only a one of the many members). :)

I hve no idea why anarres hasn't been on CDZ in the last 6 weeks. And I don't need to know either. If he's too busy, or if he doesn't want to come here anymore, then that is regrettable, but it's his choice and I will certainly not feel "let down" by it. :)

I only posted 'cause I saw a "proof of life"... :D ;)

Socrates
06-12-2005, 15:47
Must be my weak English... I was just implying that anarres had left this site, ie. he is not visiting it anymore, at least as far as we know. ;) I don't really need him either to enjoy posting here, and just hope he's OK. "Letting down the community" = not having any contact with people from CDZ, was what I meant. Just stating a fact. Sorry if I'm sometimes badly understood. Though I don't know why everyone wants to see rude posts everywhere. [???] As said in that other thread, I don't care being spoken to in a condescending manner, for example. The emotions fade away, the words stay. :)

Melifluous
06-12-2005, 15:51
Oh that's ok then.

Move along folks, nothing to see here...

[meli]

Pastorius
06-12-2005, 15:52
Which reminds me of at least 1 Pink Floyd song.

And since this is about anarres being AWOL, let's sing another song together:

"So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
blue skies from pain.
Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
A smile from a veil?
Do you think you can tell?
And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
Hot ashes for trees?
Hot air for a cool breeze?
Cold comfort for change?
And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?
How I wish, how I wish you were here.
We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year,
Running over the same old ground.
What have you found? The same old fears.
Wish you were here."

That's right, get out yer lighters everyone.

I am sure Krys meant nothing wrong. It's that French to English dictionary of his ;)
Also, [meli] and [shabba] promotion are related to PP being busy as well.

Besides, there is little to moderate here. Unless someone are extreme and must be more in the middle sort of. Then moderation is good. And if/when moderated further, people end up like the leftist hippies that we all are.

Disclaimer: when I say we, it may or may not include more than one member of this forum. It may include you, although you will not publicly agree. It may also not include you if you dont really feel that way. It could mean you if you were less conservative, you capitalist bastard.

Melifluous
06-12-2005, 15:56
Nice disclaimer [goodjob]

[meli]

DrAlimentado
06-12-2005, 16:14
[luke2]

Pastorius
06-12-2005, 16:24
Does that mean anarres found his archnemesis, which turned out to be his dad, and they fought, and anarres hand was chopped off?

Or did you mean something completely different (TM)?

Shabbaman
06-12-2005, 16:31
Don't turn this in a spammier thread than it already is, please. Brilliant disclaimer btw. Signature-worthy, I'd say.

Melifluous
06-12-2005, 16:48
quote:Originally posted by Paalikles

Does that mean anarres found his archnemesis, which turned out to be his dad, and they fought, and anarres hand was chopped off?

Dont be stupid.

I think that after carefully inspecting the well played out battle between the light and dark sides of his posting persona several conclusions can be made. The metaphysical interaction between the posters ID and the way this affects the posters Ego cannot fully be discounted from such an image. But after much thought, I have come up with the following conclusion.

Halibut.

[meli]

PS. Shabba? You leave this the hell alone huh. Now I done warned ya before. Spam is not a bad thing. And what the hell's this (TM) crap? Bloody kids...

[banbutton]

Socrates
06-12-2005, 16:58

Oh that's ok then.

Move along folks, nothing to see here...

[meli]

Exactly.

And I'd add that there is only ONE thing to watch at CDZ these days : it's my first Civ4 n00b game. Can you see any spoiler related to Civ4 here apart from a few posts in 1 or 2 PBEMs ?? No. krys only has the Answer, and it's not 42. :D

Note : I think I would have used the same words in French (or so I think they're the same), for a similar situation in RL with a friend, when talking about another friend. We use harsh words for describing not-harsh situations these days a lot. When I say "fuck that game !", I don't mean like doing it with my DVD. Same story here. I'm sorry for people who are more sensitive, I know what it feels. I know some sensitive people in RL (they say they are), and the only way to deal with them for me is to be a bit harsh in my words. ;) I usually deal with people the same way I deal with myself. But then it's going a bit too far now, and I don't have much money to spare for you st00pid psychanalyst-wannabes. Haha. [lol]

akots
06-12-2005, 18:00
Now another issue. IMHO, Shabba and Meli now need to change their description from moderator to admin which is supposed to be anarchist butcher but we all know only anarres and PP qualify for the title. Because for example DrA is also moderator and killer is also moderator and may be somebody else. So, we need to come up with a title which is different from moderator. Or is this hardcoded?

Now, I know you are red in active users. ;)

Shabbaman
06-12-2005, 18:13
I just like the phrase "I am your god, bow before me you leftist scum". Or something like that ;)

Rik Meleet
06-12-2005, 18:15
quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

I just like the phrase "I am your god, bow before me you leftist scum". Or something like that ;)
[finger]

ProPain
06-12-2005, 18:20
Lets all be nice to each other. :)

Titles are hardcoded, people. Transferring to VB would solve that as well. I've bought a license for VB, reminds me I need to take up dr A. on his transfer offer. [runs off to find other thread smiley]

Also I;m convinced anarres will return when his private life permits it.

Interesting fact about the paying. Anarres pays for the URL's, swingue and I pay the server and VB. Guess you all knew bout anarres and me, maybe you didnt know about swingue. So be extra nice to him and send a PM or post in his Sinterklaas thread [:p]

Rik Meleet
06-12-2005, 18:32
[kiss]swingue

Pastorius
06-12-2005, 18:33
Swingue has always been my favorite of the two of you [:p]

Johnny Bravo is sooo much cooler than Propain.

quote:killer is also moderator and may be somebody else.

Who/what is the mysterious secret identity of Lt. "Killer" M ?

(Other than Carlos from Middle Mexico)

Although, it could be what you are refering to, right?
Dr. Mallison/Senor Carlos

Now, the only thing to do is to figure out wich personality is the evil one.

Edit: did I misspell wich/which?

DrAlimentado
07-12-2005, 01:17
can I be the first to say, 'which?'

bed_head7
07-12-2005, 08:26
The spelling is correct. DrA is suggesting that it isn't a question of which. As in there is no good personality, just two evil ones.

Lt. Killer M
07-12-2005, 10:06
me, [evil]

[estwing]

Shabbaman
20-12-2005, 13:22
So, if it isn't him, who's this:

quote: Guest #2 Unknown
Unknown 66.249.66.83 Viewing Topic:
The game is starting! 20 Dec 2005
13:09:00 12 Minutes

(can't make a screenie atm, sorry)

Socrates
20-12-2005, 13:27
Hmmm... a bot reading our hidden forum... Has anarres converted to the Cyborg Psychic Republic (a set of fantasy civic options) ? [hmm]

ProPain
20-12-2005, 13:42
Ran the IP through whois: it's a Google bot.

Would be interesting if our hidden threads somehow show up in Google. Maybe an active participant could run a few much used ISDG keywords in Google and report the results in the ISDG hidden forum!

Shabbaman
20-12-2005, 13:57
Nothing so far. It's a bit annoying that this does mean that the bot reveals the titles of our supersecret tech threads.

Kemal
20-12-2005, 19:10
Didn't find anything regarding cdz either, but a search on isdg + cdz did reveal this little gem...

http://www.civgaming.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55

CGN have opened their ISDG round 1 fora for public use.
If you want to browse, don't forget to put "show threads from beginning" on, as the forum is dated, of course. Not as good as the CFC forum, but still an enjoyable read, perhaps for ex-cfc players as well. (Well, not so enjoyable to some of them, I suppose, but I don't think K visits CDZ anyway).

Or was this already known? I never knew they disclosed their info. :)

classical_hero
01-01-2006, 16:48
So does this mean that we are not allowed to have real lives then? It is unfortunate for anarres, by RL is much more important than you <s>losers</s> wonderful people.

Matrix
02-01-2006, 13:42
What are you talking about? I am emperor of Straland!

Pastorius
03-01-2006, 17:16
No countries acknowledge the existance of the empire of Straland...

not that lack of such acceptance is a deterrance for separatists and the like [rolleyes]

akots
06-01-2006, 02:31

Don't know what you are talking about. Straland is a wonderful country. ;)

Darkness
06-01-2006, 09:29
quote:Originally posted by akots

Sure it is. That's why it's about to be annexed by the empire of Darkness.... :D

Melifluous
06-01-2006, 12:55
quote:Originally posted by Darkness

quote:Originally posted by akots

Sure it is. That's why it's about to be annexed by the empire of Darkness.... :D

quote:Originally posted by The Darkness
I believe in a thing called love, just listen to the rythym of your heart

[meli]

Matrix
06-01-2006, 15:50
Darkness, I'm deluded! [cry]
And akots, you're my guest of honour. ;)

In any case I think classical's question is answered. :D

Beam
12-05-2006, 21:44
[bump]

Any news about one of the godfathers?

Pastorius
12-05-2006, 21:48
I think we have to make him an offer he cannot refuse to give him an incentive to come back

OR

Have Dr.A place a severed rocking horse head in his bed [evil]

Beam
12-05-2006, 21:59
[lol]

I've got his home address
I can get a cheap ticket to either Harwich (ferry), Luton or Stanstead (air)
I've got time
I just need a fucking horse head! [aargh]

Shabbaman
12-05-2006, 22:35
Haha!

grahamiam
13-05-2006, 02:03
quote:Originally posted by Beam

[lol]

I've got his home address
I can get a cheap ticket to either Harwich (ferry), Luton or Stanstead (air)
I've got time
I just need a fucking horse head! [aargh]

I got one of these around

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/grahamiam/20065132230_horsehead.jpg

not as bloody as the real thing but it's plenty annoying as it plays lone ranger theme music when you squeeze it's ears. I'd be perfectly happy if it "disappears", if you know what I mean...

DrAlimentado
14-05-2006, 20:03
:D

how about one of these:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/DrAlimentado/200651420231_horsehead.jpg
(http://www.kropserkel.com/horse_head_pillow.htm)

Shabbaman
15-05-2006, 07:02
Hm, I doubt Anarres'll get scared from a beautiful sleeping lady in his bed...

Darkness
15-05-2006, 09:36
quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

Hm, I doubt Anarres'll get scared from a beautiful sleeping lady in his bed...

You can tell she's beautifull from seeing the top half of her head??? [???] [goodjob]

Shabbaman
27-10-2007, 22:35
Sure, I've got this special x-ray vision.

Pastorius
28-10-2007, 09:29
wow. that's got to be the slowest comeback ever.

Shabbaman
28-10-2007, 11:10
It's good that we have the bots to remind us of some of the best threads ever.

Stapel
27-11-2007, 13:47
Does anyone have a proof of life of either Dr A. or Anarres?

Matrix
27-11-2007, 17:28
Well, I've got Dan's phone number... And you have too, cos you gave it to me.