PDA

View Full Version : Provincial Palaces.

Mojotronica
18-05-2004, 17:57
I can't find a "wish list for Civ 4" thread on this site, so I'll post a link to my thread on this topic that I posted at CFC.

If you have time (and interest) pop over there, check out the idea and if you like it, please post your support for it. Then I'll e-mail a link to the thread to Firaxis and cross my fingers that they include it in the next version.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=88251

Schip
19-05-2004, 01:51
Your idea adds a great new feature to this game. Though I thimk one should keep in mind the complexity it already has. IMO a lot of players (inclulding me [blush]) do not understand or fully use all the games potentials, like micro-managing and battle optimization. I don't know if this feature will add more joy to playing this game than the features in the current game. I think Firaxis should fix the problems they are having in Civ3 first and only bring out a good, properly working version of Civ4. (which means NOT releasing extra's like PTW or Conquests AND several patches within a year or two).

About your provincial palaces. It is based on the fact that cultural groups like Catalonians ([confused]) in Spain and Tibetanians (deviate from China) want to settle their own country. I think you should also make it possible that countries that are culturally linked should be able to merge. some kind of peacefull joint-venture. I didn't really think this true, but e.g. you could make it possible for a human player to make it possible to persuade an entire nation to join his, like what's happening in the European Union atm.