PDA

View Full Version : looking for PBEM opponent

Grille
15-05-2004, 09:14
I need 1 or 2 PBEM opponents.

I accept any level except Chieftain and Sid. I'd prefer the map size to be small, standart or large. Other settings are up to discussion.
The match could be a ladder game, but that's not mandatory.
Also, I'd like to stick to Aggie's rules set for PBEMs, although I'm sure to find a compromise if you're not satisfied with one ore another point there.

I'm at the moment not able to play a lot, but 1 turn per day on avarage is feasible (my current PBEMs have that pace, that is).

So get grilled or smash my head!
:)

Aggie
15-05-2004, 10:05
Hi Grille. I relaxed pace PBEM sounds very nice :) I was thinking about playing one or two more pbems...

I like to play demigod or deity and I'd say that we either both have agri as trait or both non-agri. Map size small or standard, archi with 40% landmass sounds like a nice challenge. Other options are ok...

Grille
15-05-2004, 10:52
[cool]
Great! Your suggestions are fine with me.
I'd like to play either Byzantine, Carthage, Korea, England or France. Please choose my civ out of these and add your own choice (more or less balanced...).
I think standart size with 6 AI rivals is fine. Other map settings (temperature etc) to medium level or random (leave it to the map maker respectively). Level=demi.
Player slot 2 is ok for me.
Since I have a barb-trauma [eek], no barbs would be great - unless you really want to play expansionists...

Also, should this be a ladder game?

My mail address is csgrille_AT_gmx.de

edit: patch level?

Grille
15-05-2004, 11:01
Well, I have to log out now.
Just mention the missing stuff and I fire up a map request in the afternoon - or feel free to do on your own.
:)

Aggie
15-05-2004, 11:07
About the ladder...I don't know. Recent developments got me thinking about it and I wonder if the ladder is the attraction of PBEM for me. I'm undecided about it.

No barbs is OK. The Byzantines are my favorite civ, so I think that one should be out of the question for us two. I can't bear to play vs the Byzantines :) What about oyu Carthage and me Spain? I also like a coastal start. Other map settings to the mapmaker is fine.

Could you post the map request?

My adress is aggie[AT]civ3duelzone[DOT]com

I like to play patch 1.22

Shabbaman
15-05-2004, 12:33
Hey man, the ladder is fun! Now, if someone wants to cheat that'll show up eventually, and I think a cheater will cheat with or without ladder. Don't abandon the ladder!

disclaimer: of course, you're entitled to your own point of view, I just wanted to point out mine.

Grille, in a week or 2 I'd like to start a game with you!

Grille
15-05-2004, 14:18
Map request done (hope it's complete...).

Shabba: that's fine, just bump this thread, send a PM or mail!