PDA

View Full Version : My Mate Skyfish

Melifluous
10-05-2004, 10:37
With all the trivial mutterings around here recently regarding my friend SkyFish, I thought that I should start this thread.

I have known Sky now for probably over 2 years (online) and he is the most super of stars.

His work on the Map Making side of this forum has been second to none, and his witty conversation (OK, so he normally tells me to go do something biologically impossible with animals, but you get my drift) has been a welcome relief from the stuffed shirts at work and from some of the more intense PBEM players.

But the one thing I will always thank him for is his help when my wife and I arrived in Amsterdam.

He helped us from the station to our Hotel.
Then when it conspired that the hotel had 'lost' our booking he 'had a word' with the man at the desk (in dutch) and worked out exactly what was going on and what could be done to help.
Then when we got a room in the sister hotel, he helped us get from that hotel to the new one, waited whilst we dropped our stuff and then showed us the way back to the restaurant we were all meeting at.

Without this help upon arrival in Holland we could have had a very very bad day.

All Kudos to Skyfish and may he continue to visit here to annoy the hell outta me and the rest of the gang.

[goodjob]

Melifluous

Shabbaman
10-05-2004, 10:45
He is, I'm not arguing with you on this point. I am moving this to OT though, to keep this forum tidy.

ERIKK
10-05-2004, 11:04
Yeah, Sky did many good things! :) We wont forget that!

Aggie
10-05-2004, 11:07
I agree. He is the best mapmaker of this site (without Dr A around, who was a great mapmaker as well). And I won't forget the great jokes about my sister [groucho]

yndy
10-05-2004, 11:27
I also think Sky is a nice person, I loved to chat with and still do.
That has nothing to do with the fact that now I’m happy I did not start a game with him as I thought about a couple of months ago.

Matrix
10-05-2004, 12:55
What makes you come with this all of a sudden, Mel? That's like a year ago!

Still, he deserves credit. E.g.: offering to pay a train ticket for a CFC ruffian you only met once before. [rolleyes]

Melifluous
10-05-2004, 13:03
quote:Originally posted by Matrix

What makes you come with this all of a sudden, Mel? That's like a year ago!

Does a good act have to be recent to be remembered? ;)

Anyway, this was more my way of starting an anti-anti-skyfish campaign to make absolutely sure that no anti-skyfish campaign could start.

Thank you for your time.

Melifluous

Matrix
10-05-2004, 18:01
I didn't know what happened when I read this thread, Mel. But now I understand. ;)

Melifluous
04-06-2005, 23:29
Boing.

That's 2 Paal.

Melifluous