PDA

View Full Version : Reputation

Samson
04-05-2004, 11:30
Hi,

I have just "accidentally" [1] lost my rep, so I can no longer do gpt deals. Can my rep get worse, or will it come back over time? Is there any problem with now totally ignoring the deals I make, breaking peace whenever it suits me?

Thanks for any help.

[1] I broke a peace deal, and thought I could desroy everyone on my continent before they met anyone else. I was wrong ;)

col
04-05-2004, 11:43
Rep is like virginity. Once its gone, its gone for ever ;)

Samson
04-05-2004, 11:46
Thanks. At least now I know I can be as evil as I like <fx="sniggers like in your sig.">

Matrix
04-05-2004, 12:39
quote:Originally posted by col

In other words: you're fucked, Samson. [mischief]

anarres
04-05-2004, 14:34
If you broke your rep with civA, and civB is at war with civA, you can still make deals with civB - they ignore your transgressions whilst at war.

Of course if you wipe civA off the planet you haven't even got this get-out clause...

Gothmog
04-05-2004, 17:39
Don't forget the ever popular renegotiate peace path to gpt tech deals.

A civ will always accept gpt as part of a peace deal.

Lt. Killer M
05-05-2004, 08:26
Samson: rep DOES get better over time! If you make a few expensive deals (i.e. give a tech for a lux or so, deals where the AI gets all right away bu you get per turn payment) and STICK to them, if you pay a lot for a few cheap embargoes, then you have a chance of getting an OK rep again in the long term.

mind you, OK, not good!

Samson
05-05-2004, 09:40
Some interesting points there.

quote:If you broke your rep with civA, and civB is at war with civA, you can still make deals with civB - they ignore your transgressions whilst at war.

Of course if you wipe civA off the planet you haven't even got this get-out clause.
Unfortunatly, the reason I broke the deal was 'cos I was wiping them out <shrugs> :)
quote: Don't forget the ever popular renegotiate peace path to gpt tech deals.

A civ will always accept gpt as part of a peace deal.
That is good to know. So if I want all his techs, I can sweeten the deal with gpt. Could be handy (and abused ;)
quote:rep DOES get better over time! If you make a few expensive deals (i.e. give a tech for a lux or so, deals where the AI gets all right away bu you get per turn payment) and STICK to them, if you pay a lot for a few cheap embargoes, then you have a chance of getting an OK rep again in the long term.
This is interesting. I read on a CFC articale on attitude that making "poor" deals is no better than fair ones, and that 1 deal every few turns is as good as you can get from that. Giving a gift is a lot better *for attidude*. Any idea how long it takes?

Thanks all.

Lt. Killer M
05-05-2004, 09:49
no idea on gifts - I don't do them.
but in my last game I broke an alliance, after 100 turns I am back to getting MAs and ROPs for level, MPPs for a tech.

I honored about 50 lux deals and sold a lot of tech slightly below price (i.e. I asked for an offer, and if ti was OK I took it).

Samson
05-05-2004, 10:02
I see. That gives me an idea of the time scale. It would be great to have a bit more info, but the tests to find out would be particularly long winded ;)

Lt. Killer M
05-05-2004, 10:11
yes, it takes awefully long.

col
05-05-2004, 13:13
Somewhere on the CFC strategy area, there is a guide that tells you how much you have to give and how much shift in rep it creates. Sometime your rep is so trashed no amount of gifting will ever restore it.

As ever there is a numerical formula.

Grille
06-05-2004, 06:35
quote:Originally posted by col

Well, you can always try to pretend to be a virgin - as long as no-one talked to your other adventures...
(=as long as global contacts are rare, you can get away with a rep hit)