ERIKK
06-04-2003, 21:46
here is the map:

Image Insert:
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/ERIKK/20034621492_dave2.jpg
85.63*KB

ERIKK
06-04-2003, 21:54
Well, as you can see they both have a nearby AI. But further away then they demanded (9 tiles). Unfortunally they both have the AI building towards them... [dunno] Anarres and Dave will have room to expand..., towards each other [cool]

The ramdom civ's are the most difficult ones...

It is gonna be though for them I suppose!

[luke2]

Kemal
07-04-2003, 09:52
This is certainly going to be very interesting, did you create the entire map, Erikk, or is this a random map where you made sure they were not too near? On a map with this much land mass early resources (iron,horses) could be tough to get hold of, especially with the AI expanding even faster than normal.

I'm wondering what impact the lack of early trade commodities will have, both will probably want to have IW ASAP but that still some time away without quick access to bronze working by trading starting techs.

Judging from the starting locs at CFC and this minimap, on which anarres looks to have the less attractive of the two starts, I'll put my money on Dave but it will probably be close.

ERIKK
07-04-2003, 12:08
quote:Originally posted by Kemal

This is certainly going to be very interesting, did you create the entire map, Erikk, or is this a random map where you made sure they were not too near? On a map with this much land mass early resources (iron,horses) could be tough to get hold of, especially with the AI expanding even faster than normal.

I'm wondering what impact the lack of early trade commodities will have, both will probably want to have IW ASAP but that still some time away without quick access to bronze working by trading starting techs.

Judging from the starting locs at CFC and this minimap, on which anarres looks to have the less attractive of the two starts, I'll put my money on Dave but it will probably be close.
I did not change the land mass. It was a civ2 -like map and left it like it is... With superfast map-making on this deity level contacts will be fast IMO.

I only changed resources so that both have iron and horses nearby!