PDA

View Full Version : Aggie - Skyfish *MAP MADE (Beam)*

Aggie
21-04-2004, 22:13
Would someone be so kind to make a nice and decently balanced map for Sky and me?

CIV version:
C3C 1.22

Player order
Player1: Aggie - Byzantines
player2: Skyfish - English

Difficuly Level: Deity

Map parameters:
standard map size, continents, climate not dry, temperature no cold, age not new, barb level roaming.

AI civs: random

Other requests:
- No SGL's
- No Statue of Zeus

Thanks in advance :)

Aggie
22-04-2004, 12:28
*bump* :(

Lt. Killer M
22-04-2004, 12:44
I am very busy, but I will see if I feel up to it next week

Aggie
22-04-2004, 12:48
Killer, I appreciate your willingness to make the map. But please don't overcommit yourself. We like a map reasonably quickly, but also one which is made with enough care. I don't know if Beam or another has more time for it?

Lt. Killer M
22-04-2004, 12:57
aggie. that#s why I was so cautious: for two so strong players like you, the map must be really even - an I can#t rush it. Thus, I'll simply have to wait and see.

Beam
23-04-2004, 08:48
This will take me some time but I should be able to finish it by Sunday.

Aggie
23-04-2004, 08:55
Thanks Beam!

Beam
24-04-2004, 12:16
I could do a couple of things with the other requests you have and since I expect these requests to be made for other maps as well I'd like to discuss here what the preferred way of handling the request is. Please keep in mind that the AI puts value on Wonders for example and we could unbalance the game.

Statue of Zeus:
Main reason to have no SoZ in the game is because Ivory is a prerequisite. I can't think of other reasons because it is by itself not as unbalancing as ToE or Hoovers and that other unit producing Wonder (Knights Templar) does not seem to be an issue. A simple and effective solution is to remove Ivory as a prerequisite. One mouseclick away in the rules section of the editor.

Scientific Leader:
Disabling it while creating the sav from the biq seems to be the only option.

Aggie
24-04-2004, 12:22
SoZ: You could also make make coal a prerequisite [groucho] This way the wonder can't be built until the IA. By then it's obsolete. AI will still build it, but that I can live with.

Or uranium, so that it never will be built.

SGL: Could be, I haven't got the experience :(

Beam
24-04-2004, 12:43
quote:SoZ: You could also make make coal a prerequisite This way the wonder can't be built until the IA. By then it's obsolete. AI will still build it, but that I can live with.

Or uranium, so that it never will be built.

What is the problem with SoZ being available to be build but without the prereq?

Aggie
24-04-2004, 12:48
It's less bad, but it is certain that the AI will build it and I think that when that AI is my or Sky's neighbour it greatly unbalances the game. One of us gets an extra big thread.

Beam
24-04-2004, 13:00
I am not sure the threat is that big in comparison to other wonders in the AA. It is as easy to remove it entirely as changing the required resource so from that PoV there is no issue.

Aggie
24-04-2004, 13:12
You say that removing it maybe unbalances the game. Well, leaving it but making it imposssible to build should help that. I merely tried to find an alternative for your issues. I hope that you aprreciate that I don't feel the need to discuss the relevance of SoZ with or without resources etc... I agreed with Sky to remove it and I would like to keep it that way. I appreciate that you try to come with alternatives for removal though.

Beam
24-04-2004, 15:05
You seem to be a little pissed Aggie ;)

Spent quite some time on the map already, still have to do some more balancing but leaving now.

Meantime, can both of you PM your passwords?

Aggie
24-04-2004, 15:10
Beam, I tried really hard not to appear pissed :( It appears that I didn't find the polite words.

Skyfish
24-04-2004, 21:53
Beam : we want the SoZ removed whatever the reason is, it's our wish :D
You go into Edit Rules, Edit buildings and Wonders and Delete it.
Thanks [thumbsup]

I PMed my password to you...

Beam
26-04-2004, 16:52
Need to do some final balancing but more important need to install 1.22. Strongly prefer a dual install, not sure how to accomplish that. See the thread in GD as well.

I will remove the SoZ, no prob and propose that to be the default action for other map requests as well if it is asked for.

Beam
27-04-2004, 20:29
About to create the sav, just a Q to be sure: what and how many units does the AI start with on Deity or is that automatically done? The editor shows the AI having 1 settler.

Aggie
27-04-2004, 20:31
I assume that you mean that the AI starts with one EXTRA settler? If you see '1' they get one extra. It should be done automatically by the editor :)

Beam
27-04-2004, 20:55
Here ya go pals, keep us posted with spoilers!

Scary to have to go and edit rules, hope I did not do anything stupid ;)

AI starts on mountains so you will have to check yourself for the AI initial score.

Aggie is player 1. Have fun :)

Download Attachment: icon_paperclip.gif AggieVsSky3950BC.SAV (http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Beam/2004427205416_AggieVsSky3950BC.SAV)
76.26KB

Aggie
27-04-2004, 21:07
Thanks [worship]

Skyfish
27-04-2004, 21:13
Allah akbar [worship]

Beam
27-04-2004, 21:28
Now you've sucked my balls go playing plz.[groucho]

Aggie - Skyfish *MAP MADE (Beam)***

EDIT: crosspost.

Lt. Killer M
27-05-2004, 12:29
PP and I will re-use that map.

the admin PW is 'marlboro' - thanx to Sky for providing it!

Beam
27-05-2004, 12:36
quote:Originally posted by Lt. Killer M

PP and I will re-use that map.

the admin PW is 'marlboro' - thanx to Sky for providing it!

As in: sign of life from our lost son? :)

Lt. Killer M
27-05-2004, 12:42
as in he took over a week to reply to a text message via cellphone, but he did!

beam: I tried to get you to give us the pw, but it seems neither email nor MSM reached you :(

Beam
27-05-2004, 15:21
Killer, please read the Away and Problems in my forum.

Just a Q., you are going to play the sav as-is or shall I recreate the sav and put your names in, evt. change the diff. level? I can easily complete these changes tonight.

Lt. Killer M
27-05-2004, 16:11
no idea, PP ain#t ehre

I guess we will keep it as it is, thanx beam!