PDA

View Full Version : Aggie v kryszcztov - MAP MADE (Skyfish)

Socrates
21-04-2004, 17:37
Skyfish agreed to do it, thanks mate.

version : C3C 1.22b
world size : Standard
land mass : Archipelago
water coverage : 70% or 80% (up to mapmaker)
climate : up to mapmaker
temperature : up to mapmaker
barbarians : Raging
player 1 - Aggie : England
player 2 - kryszcztov : Carthage
AI rivals : 6 (all other seafearing civs + Greece)
AI agression : Normal
available victories : all except Wonder
difficulty : Demi-God
culturally linked start locations : No
respawn AI players : No
preserve random seed : Yes
allow cultural conversions : Yes

We have a few requests. :D
- We'd like to disable scientific great leaders (1.22 is supposed to have an option for that). We hope AIs can't rush wonders with military great leaders then...
- We'd like to start on similar places, but not necessarily exactly same places. We want to be alone on our islands (which shouldn't be very large). The AIs should be grouped in pairs, so as they can trade in the beginning ; up to the mapmaker to decide how to group them (surprise).
- We'd like to have to get resources on close or distant islands, so if some luxes or strategic resources are only found on deserted islands, that's great ; please put all the ivory on such distant islands (AIs shouldn't have them too).
- To go with the previous request, we want many fair and tiny islands all over the world, and if possible with contrasted geography.
- Each undecided setting is up to the mapmaker. Up to him to tell us what he chose. Maybe surprises are good...
- Don't bother to put AIs on mountains : we want them all (and us too) to start by the sea !

If the mapmaker can make a beautiful map with such requests, that'd be awesome ! [goodjob] Don't refrain from putting surprises everywhere.

Skyfish
21-04-2004, 17:46
This one will take some time but I'll see what I can do...

Aggie
21-04-2004, 18:01
Thx Sky :)

Skyfish
25-04-2004, 02:02
And here it is : its not exactly what you asked for but it will be a game with loads of surprises and fun !!!
I put a lot of effort in this map, sorry if its not *exactly* what you wanted...Trust me on this one...

Download Attachment: icon_paperclip.gif kryszcztov of the Carthaginians, 3950 BC.SAV (http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/skyfish/20044252053_kryszcztov of the Carthaginians, 3950 BC.SAV)
80.76KB

Socrates
25-04-2004, 02:13
Thanks a lot, mate ! [goodjob]

Err... Aggie, will we use this map, because it's not what we ordered ? :D Just kidding. As long as it fits our text-block from "version" to "cultural conversions" in the first post, it's OK. [thumbsup] Then, about our extra wishes, I hope that it will be nice to find out it's not exactly what we expected (not too far, still), and that those surprises will really be great to encounter ! I assume it's on 1.22 ? If so, I'll have to wait a little before I'm sure that all my opponents (namely Killer and Stapel) can play on this patch (I won't make a dual install, don't ask).

Big thanks to Sky !!! [coool]

Aggie
25-04-2004, 06:24
Thnks Sky :) Krys, What's your e-mail?

Aggie
25-04-2004, 06:51
Sky, is this deity? We aksed for demi-god... Should be easily mended ;)

Skyfish
25-04-2004, 11:39
I can redo it on Demi however I would advise leaving Deity as the AIs can not handle those maps at all...

Aggie
25-04-2004, 11:55
If Krys agrees, I'm OK with it.

EDIT: I know that on archi you can compare deity with emperor/demi.

Socrates
25-04-2004, 13:28
Aggie, my e-mail is the one I use for MSN.

Sky, I trust in you for this map, but I'd like you to specify the caracteristics, even though they're not exactly what we asked. I can handle Deity, all the more on such a map, but I'd like to know it and other stuff before starting the game. Was it the map you talked me about ? ;) Was your map based on some caracteristics (that I'd wish you could tell us) ? If so, did you then heavily edit it ?

I'd like to know such things before starting ; expecting surprises doesn't mean I want to start in the total unkown. [blush] (might be a good idea for a very special game in the future, like a revenge game or something...)

Sky, if you could tell us the caracteristics the way I put them in my 1st post, I'd be happy with it and play it.

Aggie
25-04-2004, 13:41
TBH I don't want to be told too much. It appears to be much like another game I saw once, with a lot of islands (anarres - Killer). My first aim in this game is to have fun, more than to win... This map looks challenging enough :)

Skyfish
25-04-2004, 15:02
The map is *entirely* handmade.
The only difference I can spot Krys is that the other civs are not all seafaring, that is the only difference.
And the level is Deity. The AIs are not grouped in pairs.

Aggie not its not this map. It is inspired by this map but its not the same...