PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a ladder game

Aggie
20-04-2004, 21:37
I've got room for one more player. I like to play demigod or deity. Preferably continents or archipelago.

It would be nice to play vs someone I haven't played before. I can promise 5 turns per day on average...

Socrates
20-04-2004, 22:08
Hey, this time I can't resist. :D So yes, I will handle 3 games at a time, but at least I'm not involved into 2 Diplo games, nor into SGs...

Come on, I'm your man ! And if you can handle 5 turns per day, then that means I will finally be in a game where I'll slow down the process, not the opposite !! [blush]

If you agree, I take your MSN address, and we're off for a little chatting about it.

akots
20-04-2004, 22:32
I would be interested in playing at these difficulty levels. Would prefer Deity but DG is also OK. Small or standard map with 4 or 6 AI, respectively. No barbarians, a little breathing space at start, C3C 1.22, some militaristic civilization. Willing to try Rome but with low iron abundance it may be a bad idea. If Deity, a food bonus and river on start would ensure our survival against the AI. Would also prefer continents but can play archipelago as well.

Aggie
20-04-2004, 23:11
krys, OK. You have my MSM address? I can chat tomorrow all day if needed.

Akots, I'm sorry but I have to limit myself. Three PBEM's for the ladder at the same time is my maximum.

akots
20-04-2004, 23:24
np, may be next time. It's not that easy to find an opponent for a brutal game, I must admit. Would probably end playing Monarch soon :)

Arghis
25-06-2004, 18:39
:-)

Aggie
25-06-2004, 19:06
Sorry Arghis... I have no time to play a lot more PBEM's...

My time will be severly limited in the coming months. Therefore I promised myself to only start up one new PBEM, against a very special foe (Killer ;) [:p] ). I will have more time as from October, but I highly doubt that I will be as enthousiastic about C3C then as I am now. I gradually am getting the feeling that I am mastering the most challening things about C3C. What I find challenging is the concept of a game, which doesn't include everything you can do. Like making HoF attempts or having the patience of MM-ing to the very detail..not my cup of tea. Mastering a game has always been my drive (be it Doom, Grand Prix or CIV, etc...).

After that I will probably only play pure fun games once in a while (Aggie's norm of once in a while is still frequently for others). And I get the most fun from Succession Games.

In the last couple of weeks I won a 5CC on deity (in a Succession Game, so with a help of other players), two Sid games (domination in a SG and Diplo single player) and a lot of weird and difficult other variants. There are still a couple of challenges left (Sid Defiant, random game Sid, Always War Deity,...), but the end is nearing rapidly.