PDA

View Full Version : A few questions!!

English_brit
12-04-2004, 09:30
[u]Leadership</u>

Does leadership improve over time? I'm sure one or more of my players leadership has improved over time or am I imagining it? If it does improve what influences it's rise?

[u]U21 Players</u>

At the start of next season I'll be looking to buy an excellent 17 year old playmaker. Hopefully after a couple of seasons training he might be able to play for his countries U21 team if I can afford\buy the right player. Assuming the player I buy is good enough to play for the U21 team, will the manager find my player easily enough or would I have to inform the manager of my player so that he'll consider him for selection?

Presumably buying a very good 17 year old from a smaller nation increases the chances of his future selection for his U21 team. Any other tips when trying to buy youngsters that you can train with a view to them being eventually selected for their countries U21 team?

[u]Coaches</u>

Does the coaches agreeability have to be good or doesn't it affect anything such as team spirit etc?

Thanks for any help. :)

yndy
12-04-2004, 10:01
[u]Leadership</u> No it doesn't increase. It's a trait the players are 'born' with. Coaches lose leadership in a random fashion at an average of 1 step per season.

[u]Coaches</u> There are only two things important for coaches -&gt; coaching skill and leadership. The first helps speed-up training , the second helps a lot your team spirit. All other skills are irellevant.
Well, if they have a formidable goaltending skill that would still help

[u]U 21</u> This is tricky. Generally, the coaches will monitor interesting candidates but you could HT-mail them as well. The problem is that the price of such players is skyrocketing every year. You would need to pay at least EUR 1.5 million (GBP 1 million) for any player with a slim chance to catch the national team. If they are sure to catch the team their price would be around EUR 5 million.

For smaller countries, the skill level is lower but the price would still be very very high. I gave up thinking about buying such players.

English_brit
12-04-2004, 10:43
Thanks, useful information. :)

Looks like they'll be too expensive for me then. I'm expecting to have around £500k+(approx. 750k Euros, I guess) available to spend on the inner midfielder at the start of next season. Guess I'll just have to buy the best 17 year old I can without expecting him to make the U21 team. :(

Dell19
13-04-2004, 09:51
Could someone remind me what the player skills actually mean and how are they ranked? Is poor better than weak or the other way round?

Shabbaman
13-04-2004, 10:38
Check here (http://www.databased.at/hattrick/pages_en/h_denominations_en.asp).

Dell19
13-04-2004, 11:32
Thanks couldn't find it on the'About Hattrick' pages.

Dell19
13-04-2004, 20:16
Some other questions:

How big are your squads?

How large are your stadiums?

Do you play friendlies every week and do you post the results of friendlies or just matches?

English_brit
13-04-2004, 23:37
My squad's got 19 players + 1 coach (20).

Try not to have to big a squad otherwise your wages will become a drain on your resources. Plus, any players that don't get played at least once each week are likely to lose their form anyway.

This is my 2nd full season in Hattrick. I joined with 2 games left to go the season before so don't really class it as a season. My stadiums currently just over 28,000.

In general people only post their league\cup matches each week. Although atm alot of us are using our friendly games to play a Cup between us (see the CDZ Cup thread).

You need to play a friendly every week. Otherwise you miss out on training and you'll only be training half as many players as other people on the same training type.

The friendly games also provide some extra experience for your players which helps them to perform better irrespective of their rating skill.

[u]Exp Levels for Game Types</u>

Cup Match 3
League Match 2
Domestic Friendly 0.1
International Friendly 0.2