PDA

View Full Version : Wow!

Sultan
08-04-2004, 18:10
So this is where the die hard Civvers die hard! Finally found out about this place today and looking forward to a thorough investigation...

Sultan
08-04-2004, 18:12
Usual question: how do I get an avatar?

Also: why do I have to sign in every time I post?

anarres
08-04-2004, 18:28
You get an avatar by choosing one of the existing ones. Click the Profile (http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/pop_profile.asp?mode=Edit) link (top right of page) when logged in.

You can get your own avatar by posting it in the Avatar thread (http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=60) in Site Feedback.

And I guess you need to log in each time because you have set your browser to not keep cookies at this site. Check your browser settings.

Oh, and welcome! :D

If you feel up to it you can challenge someone to a PBEM...

...but did you know you already signed up here for the Peacemonger PBEM last year? If you want you can re-use that account (I can reset the password), or if you prefer you can keep this one. :)

Aggie
08-04-2004, 18:28
Hi Sultan! Welcome at CDZ :)
You can get an avatar by posting here:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=60

EDIT: anarres beat me by 15 seconds [:o]

ProPain
08-04-2004, 18:36
Welcome Sultan, hope to see you post a lot here. I thought you where here already and this ID

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=15

seems to confirm that. Almost a year ago though when we just started out!

Sultan
08-04-2004, 19:06
AH, this is THAT site. I hadn't bookmarked it and forgot it and did look for it halfheartedly but didn't the name change?

Yes, please keep this account and delete the other. I recall "Peacemonger", in fact I had the save in my files till recently - like every other PBEM I've been involved in, it fizzled out. I would love to get involved in a new one but I'm halfway through completing the Conquests and want to do that first. I will however enjoy watching the action unfold. [thumbsup]

ProPain
08-04-2004, 19:15
I'll delete the old account and keep the avatar for your new one. If you want a new avatar just post it in the avatar thread.

And yes our name did change, mostly because last year in may we didnt have a name :)

Sultan
08-04-2004, 19:22
Thanks, keeping the avatar is fine, especially since for some odd reason I can't get my cookies to cooperate and let me attach anything to a post, because it think's I'm logged out until I make the post, and then when I make the post it's too late again to attach anything...

I wouldn't be averse to using Sultan Osman either, if no one else has grabbed him yet...

ProPain
08-04-2004, 19:37
as account name you mean? It is not grabbed so I can change your account name if you want Sultan Osman instead of Sultan.

I had some probs with my cookies a while ago, solved it by deleting all my cookies. Maybe that will work for you too, although my problem was slightly different, I couldn't log out.

Kingreno
08-04-2004, 21:45
quote:Originally posted by Sultan

I wouldn't be averse to using Sultan Osman either, if no one else has grabbed him yet...

[hmm]

Stapel
09-04-2004, 14:03
Welcome Sultan. I was quite surprised to hear, you didn't know this place.

I hereby officially challenge you for a duel! A civduel!
How about a tiny map, pangea, 2 AIs, 2 human early war PBEM?

Sultan
09-04-2004, 17:56
I mean Sultan Osman for an avatar, not an account name...

@Stapel, well since you put it that way, I suppose I have no choice. I imagine the point of this forum is to have an account of this somewhere, and we will be using email to pass the game back and forth. Civ choice? Do we make it interesting and go with two civs that have no ancient unit? Etc.

ProPain
09-04-2004, 18:04
I havent seen anyone with a Sultan Osman avatar so if you upload it in the avatar thread I'll get it up and running for you.

Matrix
10-04-2004, 00:39
Hey, Sultan! Nice to see you here. :)
Weren't you a beta tester too? [hmm]

Col.Tarleton
10-04-2004, 03:06
Hiya Sultan.
I,ve read some of your posts on CFC ,you called yourself Sultan Bargash IIRC.Like your style.

Sultan
10-04-2004, 05:32
No Matrix, not a beta tester, wish that I had been. And thanx Tarleton.

I used to be at CFC at lot, now not so often, I still find it a good place for generalized civ discussion.

WildFire
10-04-2004, 10:13

I used to be at CFC at lot, now not so often, I still find it a good place for generalized civ discussion.

Same, plus with the recent bannings, its hostile

Col.Tarleton
10-04-2004, 14:57
quote:Originally posted by WildFire

Same, plus with the recent bannings, its hostile

Yes,Wildfire I agree,It's the slavish appliance of Political Correctness,especially that dozy cow,chieftess,who likes to tell everyone how much power she has.

Lt. Killer M
12-04-2004, 18:47
SULTAN!!!!!!!!

WELCOME!!!!!!!!

:D

Shabbaman
13-04-2004, 10:55
Welcome S.B.!

Banzai
13-04-2004, 17:43
Hi Sultan
Nice to have you here!
Did you enjoy a lot of space race victories since our last SG?

Banzai!

Darkness
14-04-2004, 08:59
Hey Sultan...

Welcome! :)

Eklektikos
21-04-2004, 13:07
Well, there goes the neighbourhood... ;)

col
21-04-2004, 14:31
Thats Doctor Sultan to you, sonny.

Hygro
23-04-2004, 02:07
Welcome Sultan!