PDA

View Full Version : Trainee PM's prices!!

English_brit
07-04-2004, 22:49
Only in my 2nd full season on Hattrick. Got a 28k stadium and a passable coach and my youth systems up to solid.

I started training scoring initially and I'm waiting for my two main strikers to advance to excellent before I switch training to playmaking.

I've only got two inner midfielders desirably young enough to train so I'm budgeting to buy 4 young trainees. Is it just me or are some of the prices pretty crazy though?

I was looking for 17-19 year olds with only passable PM and inad passing and defending. Bid for a couple of 17 year olds but the bidding went above 125k for each one so I pulled out. I dunno the prices just seem a bit high. :(

I'm top of my level 6 division and have drawn a 28k+ crowd already which I was chuffed at. Currently I've got just under 100k in the bank with 5 home games left to play this season. My estimate is that I'll draw around 400-500k profit over the remainder of the season, so I was budgeting this in to how much I was going to look to spend on each new trainee.

Considering my income and my 28k+ stadium which I thinks pretty good considering this is only my 2nd season, the prices for some of these young players seems a bit high.

Is it just me or am I just being a tight git? lol

I dunno I'll prob try my luck in the market again on monday but the way it's going I'll prob end up hoping my youth systems brings thru a couple of decent ones. lol

Bootstoots
07-04-2004, 23:12
There's such a demand on playmaking trainees that the prices are driven up too high for relatively new teams to be able to buy enough of them. I have decided to train goalkeepers for two or three seasons, then I'll sell my trainees (making a few million) and purchase some good 17 year old solid PM trainees and train playmaking for the forseeable future.

Until I can sell my keepers, however, I'll remain in constant debt. I'm currently at 85k in debt, much better than a couple of weeks ago when I was had over 250k in debt. But I'm not worried about the current debt problem (caused in part by buying a 338k 18 year old solid keeper), as long as I make good money in the long run.

Schip
07-04-2004, 23:31
Indeed. This seems not the best time to buy new trainees. Better wait till the end of this season. If your interested I'll have some pass PM's for you for 125K by that time [coool] But they'll be probably almost 18 then. So my advice, wait for the cheap ones to passs by.

English_brit
09-04-2004, 10:31
Thanks for the advice. :)