PDA

View Full Version : Tsaristic Diplomacy - * * SPOILER * *

Beam
01-04-2004, 16:51
We will have a round of Diplomacy negotiations tonight to start up the CDZ Diplo game!

I am playing the Russians and will use this spoiler thread for the game.

Key question in the beginning is whom to ally with and why. One important aspect is that Russia starts in the NE corner of the board and has to move to the center in order to grow with defendable borders.

Soon there will be contact with:
- Turkey
- Austria
- Germany
- England (in Scandinavia)

An alliance with Turkey seems to be most promising since we have to move in the same general direction and can cover each others flanks. An alliance with either Austria or Germany will leave multiple fronts. An alliance with England would just be a defensive one and mainly focus on the way Scandinavia is controlled.

In an alliance with Turkey we could agree to move towards Austria and divide the supply centers. Meantime a lot of the tactics will depend on behaviour of Germany and England. If we can make an alliance with England vs. Germany that would be great and probably done with limited use of units.

Russia's strength is also a weakness, i.e. Russia starts with 4 units and 4 supply centers where the other players have 3. That means other countries have an additional reason early in the game to form a alliance vs. Russia.

Final note: alliances essentialy are based on trust, backstabbing is explicitely allowed in the rules ;)

Beam
02-04-2004, 19:00
The first series of negotiations is basically done, quite intense chatting yesterday and today.

From what I've read the following it is aasumed that England will join forces with Germany the coming turns, if that is the case it is most certain that they will go after France.

It is unclear what Italy is up to, but if France comes under pressure that is only good for Italy. Which means more pressure on Austria immed. and Turkey later.

ERIKK
03-04-2004, 10:10
So, after reading the above, what will you do?