PDA

View Full Version : Will the ISDG overtake DDPP?

Matrix
01-04-2004, 14:59
What PBEM do you think will be finished sooner? DDPP or ISDG?

ISDG sure goes a lot faster. [rolleyes] But it's just in the beginning. Just wait when the dimplomacy starts. [eek]

ProPain
01-04-2004, 15:11
As long as Killer plays in ddpp the ISDG will finish both games sooner for sure [:p]

anarres
01-04-2004, 15:12
The ISDG is relatively fast now, but I expect it will take 5 days per full turn soon enough...

digger760
01-04-2004, 15:12
I dont know what part 1 and part 2 are..but arnt there rules to enforce a 24 hour turn around? email confirmations and what not. I think the ISDG will finsish quicker.

I was hoping the 8 player would catch up to you guys...but delays delays!!!

anarres
01-04-2004, 15:23
The game we are in now is part 1, this will only last until 2 teams are defeated. There is another game with 5 teams also playing the same rules (and the same map IIRC). Part 1 ends when both games finish.

Part 2 is with the remaining 6 teams for the "final".

yndy
02-04-2004, 06:24
I actually hope that my game vs. annares finishes first. (sorry, a. I was not at my home comp in the last 5 days, expect a save tomorrow).

The important thing is for us to have fun in all the multiplayer games we play.

Lt. Killer M
02-04-2004, 08:06
thanx PP, that was a really nice hit under the beltline! [:p]

ERIKK
02-04-2004, 17:35
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! [rant]

The DDPP must be finished first!!!

Where is the save btw? ;)

Matrix
03-04-2004, 12:06
Yesterday morning Killer got DDPP. He sent it to Stapel around 18:00/19:00 GMT I think, but he was gone all day. I got the savegame from Stapel at midnight GMT. [rolleyes]

Anyway, to answer your question: Kemal has it. ;)

Lt. Killer M
03-04-2004, 12:37
sorry, I did NOT get DDPP early enough to play it in the morning. I was here until 9:30, the email that came at 18:36 was created 13:04, I had NO chance to play earlier.

Matrix, if you are not satified with me playing at that speed, then replace me. I have to work during daytime, too, and I can't always play before 17:00.

Matrix
03-04-2004, 18:59
No, I don't mind. It's quite normal not to be able to play during daytime. It is important however to play a.s.a.p. in the evening, cos that's when most people are online. In this specific case Stapel would be more to blame.

But I do not wish to blame anyone anyway. After all, any game is just for fun. But I do hope everyone realizes that if we want to play DDPP at one turn a day, which I still believe is possible, then one shouldn't take the whole evening to play, but 1/6th of the evening. (So letting a DDPP wait for downloads to finish... http://www.straland.com/images/smilies/undecided.gif)

We also arranged a schedule when we started: Redwatch was ment to play just before midnight and Plux just after. (Then I as the first the next day and Kemal just after diner, etc.)

There have been sporadic weeks that this actually worked and we did play at one turn a day. [rolleyes]