PDA

View Full Version : Player new to PBEM looking for opponents

ShaggyB
30-03-2004, 21:19
I am new to PBEM, but not to Civilization 3 and I am looking for some to compete with. I do not know how fast or slow games tend to go, but I know I could take at least one turn a day, and multiple turns on most days.

Right now I am playing on Regent difficulty, but could go up to Monarch. I am running the Conquests expansion. I have signed up for the ladder as well, so it could be a ladder game also.

I have no other preferences regarding number of players, land type, map size or civs.

Please let me know if anyone is interested.

Schip
31-03-2004, 01:50
HI shaggy,
I never played PBEM myself, but i want to start soon (after this weekend). So maybe it's a good idea to play against each other. At least we both can blame a loss on our PBEM newbie status [blush]

So let me know if you are interested.

Lt. Killer M
31-03-2004, 08:22
hey there, and welcome to CDZ!

I'd be interested to play you, and as I am not of the micromanaging experts you should have a good chance to beat me, too ;)

anarres
31-03-2004, 13:22
I recommend having 2 or 3 games on the go at the same time, so you have much more chance of finding a save in your inbox when you check.

And welcome to CDZ! :)

ShaggyB
31-03-2004, 14:35
Schip and Lt. Killer:

I am interested in playing both of you; either in the same game or separate ones.

Schip:

Send me an e-mail after this weekend and maybe we can get something started. My e-mail should be listed in my profile.

Lt. Killer:

I'd be interested in playing you as well. Since it looks like you have more experience with PBEM let me know how we should get started.

ShaggyB

Schip
31-03-2004, 17:12
ok will do that.

anarres
31-03-2004, 17:45
Don't forget you can ask for a map to be made, they are several times more fun to play then random ones. :)

ShaggyB
31-03-2004, 18:27
anarres:

Thanks. We will do that.

ShaggyB

Lt. Killer M
31-03-2004, 19:20
ShaggyB: I have been totally swamped at work today (TV was here all day) - I'll get back to you ASAP:

Do you have MSN or ICQ?

ShaggyB
31-03-2004, 20:02
Lt. Killer M:

No I don't. I don't due much chatting, but it would not be a problem to acquire either.

ShaggyB

CivGeneral
01-04-2004, 02:54
I would not mind adding my name to the list :)

anarres
01-04-2004, 10:34
CivG, I would rather you not enter any ladder games, since every game you have been in you have abandoned.

If someone will give you another chance, and if you manage to actually finish a game then you can enter ladder matches again.

Please don't play people who are new to the forum, they deserve to play somone who isn't known for quitting games.

ProPain
01-04-2004, 11:56
CivG, I totally agree with anarres. Your reputation around here is not a good one where finishing games is concerned. As you've abandoned your games twice, ladder rules have you on a 6 months ladder game probation, so games you start won't count for the ladder.

Like anarres I'd rather not see you play new people because having your first game abandoned usually isn't very motivating. And I'd hate seeing people lost for CDZ because of someones lack of planning skills.

However, I'm willing to give you a final chance: You can play against me. Just tell me what level/settings you prefer. If you want monarch, I''m willing to grant you 2 settlers as I usually play higher levels. Game will not count for the ladder but will give you a chance to redeem yourself.

The ladder admin.

Strider
02-04-2004, 03:17
When I played a PBEM with CG, he finished it (actually I kind of slacked off more in that one, but I was having some RL problems at the time), and he ALWAYS gets his teams save for the MTDG I run on time.

Lt. Killer M
02-04-2004, 08:05
Schip: it might be a good idea to get MSN (i.e. a hotmail address) so we can talk online about the setup. That is way easier and more flexible than doing it otherwise.

just get one and ping me on MSM when you see me

you can find my MSM ID in my profile - note that this is NOT my email though (that is also in the profile) ;)

anarres
02-04-2004, 12:15
quote:Originally posted by Strider

When I played a PBEM with CG, he finished it (actually I kind of slacked off more in that one, but I was having some RL problems at the time), and he ALWAYS gets his teams save for the MTDG I run on time.
That's good to know Strider, but there have been several abandoned games here, and unfortunately CG will have to repair his rep at CDZ to play the ladder here.

akots
05-04-2004, 08:11
What a cool site you have here! I'm with CFC but looks like your PBEMs rule! Just joined...

I'd like to play a few short training PBEM games may be ladder-type just to get the feeling of it. Unless something extremely weird happens in RL, I'm very reliable and can play 1 or 2 turns (or more) per day depending on time zones. Difficulty: DG and up. How this can be done? Thanks in advance.

Also wanted to ask about a possibility of +2 or only human PBEM.

Lt. Killer M
05-04-2004, 08:13
akots:

welcome! :)

yndy
05-04-2004, 18:14
Hi akots, nice to see you here aswell. [cool]

I haven't actually started any PBEM's in 6 months and can't do it at least until June but I'll be happy to read your stories.

anarres
05-04-2004, 18:42
Hi akots! :D

I suggest you open a new thread in this forum to attract opponents, but I for one am ready for another challenge! I will wait for you to post your thread though so we can discuss terms - no need to threadjack this one with our posts. :)

akots
06-04-2004, 04:14
Thanks for the wellcome. Sorry for spam. It is not clear where to post what. Just need some time to look around. OK, posted a thread.

anarres
06-04-2004, 09:41
No problemo on spamming anything here, we are somewhat 'lax' and allow pretty much anything. :D