PDA

View Full Version : Stapel vs Krys - Map MADE (Aggie)

Stapel
29-03-2004, 16:50
Pangea
6AIs (all militaristic)
normal map
no exploits
no MAs vs humans
no ROP after railroad
Stapel = Mongols
Krys = China

Socrates
29-03-2004, 17:01
To be more precise (Stapel, please say you disagree if you do) :

version : C3C 1.15b
world size : Standard
land mass : Pangea
water coverage : 70%
climate : Temperate
temperature : Normal
barbarians : Roaming
player 1 - Stapel : Mongols
player 2 - kryszcztov : China
AI rivals : the 6 other militaristic civs
AI agression : Normal
available victories : all except Wonder
difficulty : Demi-God
culturally linked start locations : No
respawn AI players : No
preserve random seed : Yes
allow cultural conversions : Yes

Maybe it could be a good idea to put the both of us not at the opposite parts of the world, but not too close either. ;) So as to get some action between Mongols and Chinese in the Middle Ages.

Aggie
29-03-2004, 17:02
Mr. Stapel, what level do you want to play? [groucho]

EDIT: OK, that's clear enough Krys :)

If no-one else can take it: I can make it on Wednesday.

Socrates
29-03-2004, 17:20
Please make sure every setting is correct, and please put AIs on mountains and make sure they don't do dumb moves on their 1st turn (like seafearing civs settling inland like in me-Killer's game). And please make same starts (exactly the same 21 tiles, since no one is seafearing). As said, put both of us not right next door, but not very far either.

And wait for Stapel to confirm all of this.

Aggie
29-03-2004, 17:29
So the AI has to start on a mountain AND we have to make sure they don't do dumb moves? [confused] Sounds like asking a lot, really....

Socrates
29-03-2004, 17:42
Well, just give them good lands around their 21, so that won't be a problem. Really good lands for the AIs for the challenge, especially for the Vikings, since they're seafearing : try to have sea access for them on every 8 tiles around their starting mountain, so that they settle on the coast. ;) Not that hard, uh ? [goodjob]

Aggie
29-03-2004, 17:56
Another thing: you say you want flat land for the UU, which you won't acheive with a 3 billion years map! In fact: 3 billion is good for the Mongol UU.

Socrates
29-03-2004, 18:44
I always mess up this one : flat land is 5 billion ? Well then I don't know, I'd rather wait for Stapel about this one. Maybe 3 billion could be nice after all. ;)

Stapel
30-03-2004, 13:20
Stapel, as usually, couldn't care less about details. As long as both starting locs are similar, all is fine.

All I have to say is: Demi-god is fine to me :D.

Aggie
30-03-2004, 15:56
OK, no-one took it, got it.

Aggie
31-03-2004, 20:27
I don't know why, but the game crashes when I try to make the save. The biq is ready. Can someone else prepare the save (and maybe check the biq)?

Beam
31-03-2004, 21:23
Post or mail to me Aggie!

Aggie
31-03-2004, 21:24
Great, it's on it's way!

Beam
31-03-2004, 21:46
Aggie, I returned the sav by mail! We want to see many spoilers of course, including the usual stapel blabla ;).

Stapel, I think I left my C3C CD at your place [cry] Sounds like a good excuse to have a beer somewhere the coming weeks.

Aggie
31-03-2004, 21:55
Thanks Beam [worship]

Admin pw = admin. Stapel = first.

Download Attachment: icon_paperclip.gif stapelvskrys, 3950 BC.SAV (http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Aggie/2004331215141_stapelvskrys, 3950 BC.SAV)
37.55KB

Please make great spoilers. I really want to see if this map plays well :)

Socrates
31-03-2004, 22:44
Thanks guys ! [goodjob]

Great spoiler ? You don't have enough with my spoilers so far ? :D Seriously, I intend to write a bit less than so far, because it takes a LOT of time and it's not very interesting (the way I describe everything).

Well, I guess I have to wait for Stapel's turn.

And Stapel, remember that we play by RBCiv rules (I think you already know them by you playstyle). And we won't use MAs vs the other player, and no MPPs, I think, and no RoP ever after Railroad. Stapel, please state this precisely here. And of course, the usual "gentleman" PBEM stuff...

Stapel
02-04-2004, 10:08
I'll start tonight. And kryszcztov, remember that I refuse to take a serious look into tons of pages of rules. A gentlemen's agreement will do! no MPP, no MA vs human. no RoP after RR.

Aggie
02-04-2004, 10:22
Stapel, RBCiv rules aren't too difficult to remember. As long as you don't play the honorable variant that is :) Kinda like LKendters' ruleset. But resource connect - disconnect IS allowed (main diffeence between the two).

Stapel
03-04-2004, 00:13
resource disconnect is not allowed in a gentlemen's agreement :)

Aggie
03-04-2004, 00:15
Hehe

Socrates
03-04-2004, 15:35
Aggie, I'm sure you set up this game well, but I don't know what you did as for the Earth's age : did you set it up to 3, 4, or 5 billion ? And if you explain your choice... [cool] Also, are we supposed to have exactly the same start, or did you build different starts that you suppose to be fair ? Thanks a lot anyway, my starting position is interesting, and so is fun to play ! [goodjob]

Aggie
03-04-2004, 15:52
Krys, your starts positions should be the same. And I made a 5 billion year old map, as requested.