PDA

View Full Version : DDPP SPOILER: Right Island Diplo Channel

ERIKK
20-03-2004, 11:37
ONLY FOR SPECTATORS AND KEMAL AND PP, NOT
FOR LEFT ISLAND PLAYERS LIKE MATRIX, PLUX,
KILLER AND THEIR SUBSTITUTES!

We need an extra diplo channel. Email conversations seem to be
inadequate and MSN sessions kind of rare.

inter-island
1) Did you read my mail? What do you think about 6 or 7 turns till
D-day?
2) We might need an alternbative plan and on timing and placement.
Maybe you have suggestions.
3) Should we continue the offensive after the first wave? Should Kemal
and PP invade Matrix's eatern provinces too While I stay tuned on
nothern Egypt?

local
4) Next to that we need to think about the future: what after 'the
incident'?
5) How to prevent a local island war like the one they are having now?
For me the deal island vs. island still stands.

Hoi grote broers,

ik heb de volgende beurt 6 knights en 2 galleys en twee beurten
daarop nog een galley (hoop ik). Die beurt kan ik ook inladen.
Vervolgens is het nog wat varen (+/- 4 a 5 beurten ) naar de spot
tussen Elpgantine en Thebes. Op het plaatje (sorry voor de
amateuristische pijlen PP) stel ik voor 3 stacks te vormen om Killer
meteen maar te demotiveren (moet kunnen lijkt me ;) ). Planning is
zeer belangrijk want het moet dan zeker in 1 turn gebeuren.

Dus: landen over 6 of 7 beurten is haalbaar voor ons? (Voor mij wel.)

mzzl,
kleine broer Erik

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/ERIKK/2004320103218_invasion.jpg
133.76*KB

Aggie
20-03-2004, 11:45
I think your title reveals certain intentions!

ERIKK
20-03-2004, 11:55
Is this better?

Aggie
20-03-2004, 11:55
I think so. And good luck killing of those pesky Egyptians.
:D

ProPain
20-03-2004, 13:53
Erik why do you want to land in the forest? Unless I'm mistaken you cant reach a city in one turn from there. Or is the deer forest chopped, hard to see for me atm.

ERIKK
20-03-2004, 13:59
For the defense, Thebes is in reach in 1 turn.

But as I said: we should discuss these plans.

ProPain
20-03-2004, 15:05
Landing positions seem fine to me, but what will we do after that? Which cities are our next goal?

ERIKK
20-03-2004, 15:08
After the first wave:

We should keep ferrying - I think you should go for the viking cities, while Kemal
and me should go for the Egyptian cities. I am sure that Vikings and Egypt will unite
but about Japan I am not sure. We can ally them easier when we attack Matrix too...

ProPain
20-03-2004, 15:13
That doesnt sound bad, I can ferry troops to the peninsula where Terna is one. Conveniently close for me and a second front for matrix.

ERIKK
20-03-2004, 15:16
Matrix will get Beserkers, he must be kept weak otherwise he will be a big threat to
you, mainly you as you are the strongest civ and the nearest for him.

Kemal
21-03-2004, 00:04
Landing on forests is a good thing of course, we'll need the defensive bonus since Killer has knights too.. About the landing zones, seem ok to me, I suggest I take the the Abydos LZ, since that would increase the usefulness of the immortal(s) compared to the other two sites, where one needs two moves to strike a target.

After the initial strike, depending on how it progresses, I'd say focus on Egypt, Straland is weak, while Egypt is strong, and I doubt whether they'll ally again soon too, since they've just broke up their alliances vs Japan (Egypt is still at war with japan, while matrix has made peace).

Kemal
21-03-2004, 00:19
Well, just read af CFC they're all at peace again now, so forget that remark about them being at war. :(

Still think focusing on Egypt is the way to go atm, it may seem easy at first but no doubt his knights are returning from the former Egyptian - Japanese front.

ERIKK
21-03-2004, 00:23
Lets hope he will position them in the west instead of in the home towns. The run for
the rest of the free space in their northwest will start now...

Kemal
26-03-2004, 00:07
Great news guys, contrary to what is mentioned in the ddpp thread, peace is still nowhere to be seen on the western continent, as either Matrix or Killer seem to have been been playing the turncoat a little, since the relation between these two former allies in the war against Japan has taken a dramatic U-turn in recent turns:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Kemal/200432523058_diplosituatie.jpg
50.95KB

This greatly enhances our chances of a succesful campaign against Egypt, not only does this situation mean a massive decrease the chances of Killer and Matrix teaming up against us, this will also mean that Killer's forces are still located in the deep south, near Matrix's core cities.

Aggie
26-03-2004, 00:09
Feakin' idiots [:o]

ProPain
26-03-2004, 00:42
Divide and conquer

Skyfish
26-03-2004, 09:48
I told ya Egypt was the better target [groucho]
:D

Kemal
01-04-2004, 14:39
Some more news on the Egyptian-Scandinavian war, not very good I'm afraid...

In a recent chat with Matrix, he freely informed me that the war between him and killer is not for real after all, but rather a war to end a buggy luxury deal they had running, so this means that we might still be in for some heavy Egyptian resistance when we make our landing there. Matrix also mentioned that, contrary to Japan, Egypt has always been a loyal ally to him, so there is chance Matrix might ally with Killer against us. Perhaps we should do some gunpoint diplomacy with Matrix once we are ready to land, forcing him to choose between (foolishly) taking part in this war, or remain neutral and be spared from our wrath?

In any case I think we should only use our military against Scandinavia for defensive purposes, if he decides to join in a war against us, and rather focus all offensive plans on Egypt. Since Matrix is weak already, we would only be wasting our units by attacking him.

ProPain
01-04-2004, 15:26
hmm, I dont know, I can ferry more quickly between Matrix and me then to our landing spots. Having a beachhead on the other island has it's merits

ERIKK
01-04-2004, 20:15
Lets focus on Egypt first and think about the Vikings later, we might
be able to bribe him anyway, once he has seen Egypt weakened...

Anyway, we need a timeschedule. I can have troops landed in 4 turns
from now (30BC). What is your timeframe?

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/ERIKK/20044119141_map.jpg
139.69*KB

Kemal
01-04-2004, 20:31
2 turns to Abydos for me.

ERIKK
01-04-2004, 20:36
Thats too early for me! You need to wait at least 2 turns. But lets wait for PP and
see when he can be ready for landing...

btw: you have 3 galleys filled? [eek] Wow, you must have ultra-rushed the galleys!

Kemal
01-04-2004, 20:48
It's 2 at the moment, I could make a third but I don't have the money for it now, since the cash you supplied has already been spent on these two, as well as some in research.

Of course they will wait, they have been lurking in those waters for a few turns already now, waiting for the right moment to set sail... btw we must be careful, have you noticed, erikk, that one of matrix's galleys has passed your cities some turns ago? One of them has mysteriously appeared near Persepolis last turn, it must have either passed through your territory, or there may be another, eastern, route to their continent. If it were to stumble upon an entire fleet of our nations' vessels, it might become a little bit suspicious...

ERIKK
01-04-2004, 21:01
Next turn i can sent money again! approx 110/120 gold to you and PP. The rest is for
me as I took a barb camp this turn! [groucho]

I only saw one galley from Matrix, that one went all the way from the SW to my N (at
that time he made a threath) and then southeast to you and PP...

Kemal
01-04-2004, 21:16
I could rush another vessel with the money, but new vessels would take 3 turns to abydos though, meaning that it would increase my date of arrival to 4 turns, don;t know whether it would be worth it to delay the attack for so long just to get one additonal vessel there, after all the two I have already can ferry in a new supply every 4 turns after the initial drop too, as long as there are units available for shipping of course.
But, the money would still be very welcome for research projects though, if you can miss it. :)

Btw, Matrix threatened you, while at war with Japan?

[lol]

Skyfish
02-04-2004, 01:10
Did that little weakling threaten you ? AAARRGGGHHH [aargh]
[mad3]

Kemal
06-04-2004, 19:50
Just to check people, but what are your current ETAs of the galleys? I saw pp's galleys near mine, again I need two turns to land next to abydos, we have to make sure we perfectly synchronize the time of the attack.

ERIKK
08-04-2004, 20:11
10AD

My fleet just moved in. Next turn I can land. Can all confirm they
will land too next turn?

[groucho]

Preparing....
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/ERIKK/20044819959_mapddpp110ad.jpg
106.67*KB

BTW, I wanna see pics of your landing spots please. I also sent maps,
can we please trade? We take a risk if we invade next turn, as the
coasts can be occupied. In my case I can wait one turn and then land,
having more spots to land... Please let us see all spots first (post
a pic of the fleet with distination) and discuss it. [estwing]

ProPain
08-04-2004, 21:43
Still waiting for the turn

ERIKK
08-04-2004, 21:47
sent it 20:19 to your cqproces....

ProPain
08-04-2004, 22:59
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/ProPain/200448215832_attackplan.jpg
155.36KB

ERIKK
09-04-2004, 08:54
[hmm] I dont see Kemals fleet, I assume his fleet is 3 steps to your NW, as he is not 2NW + 1N
(left of the hill) (see my pic)...

You have only one good landing spot but that one is unlikely to be taken by a unit. If Kemal is
positioned where I think he is, he will be able land near Giza or near Elephantine. As my
landing spot near Thebes is already terraformed, it is unlikely a worker (or other unit) will be
standing there. I dont see any problems.

We should defenitely land next turn! [evil]

Kemal
09-04-2004, 09:05
But I thought you said you could only land as soon as 50 AD, Erik! Based on the conversation we had recently via msm, instead of leaving port my galleys now still need two turns to disembark, so I can't make it next turn... I guess I misunderstood what your planning was after all. :(

Will post a pic here later, to show my galleys' exact location,

ERIKK
09-04-2004, 09:21
[mad] You clearly misunderstood! The ending conclusion was 30AD (2 turns)... You can check your
MSN log for that. It was a messy discussion but we finally managed to clear things b4 the Lucky
diplo started.

But I dont mind, it will allow me to get a better position. Lets hope PP doesnt use automove... [eek]

ProPain
09-04-2004, 10:08
I use automove a lot, but not for sensitive moves like this of course.

Kemal
09-04-2004, 10:09
Well, here's my position as it will be at the beginning of the next turn, PP is blocking my 2-turn-access via coastal waters now, but not all is lost! Taking into account the new development of the secret of Astronomy, I can still make in two turns, but I have to take the LZ at Abydos, otherwise I'll need 3:
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Kemal/20044985836_ships2.jpg
63.89KB

But maybe pp can use the additional turn needed now to get his troops to land between Giza and Elephantine, and if we are lucky we might take out Killer's entire eastcoast in one blow!

ERIKK
09-04-2004, 10:23
Wow, we have Astronomy, that will change things, we will be able to strike almost anywhere
without being seen!

Kemal
14-04-2004, 20:24
Well, the party starts soon now, next turn I can unload my bloodthirsty soldiers near Abydos! :D

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Kemal/2004414192311_volgendebeurtwerk.jpg
24.01KB

ERIKK
14-04-2004, 20:43
Astronmy was perfectly timed! Now I have an even better LZ!

Between two cities:
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/ERIKK/2004414193914_ddpp130ad.jpg
52.73KB

All western coastals in danger!
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/ERIKK/2004414194032_ddpp130ad2.jpg
11.45KB

[evil]

ProPain
16-04-2004, 20:36
Did you guys notice the western island diplo channel. It worries me, as does matrix's galley

ERIKK
16-04-2004, 20:42
Yeah, he stole my idea! A galley, can he have seen your ships?

ProPain
24-08-2004, 15:11
The save revealed 4 of my units, all knights heavily wounded, one had turned elite :). That means I lost 2 knights. Apparently Aggie lost 4. I loaded all my units on my galleys for healing and collecting 2 new knights while healing.

ERIKK
24-08-2004, 15:43
That sucks! My 3 knights will prolly be dead the next turn. With your retreat Kemals knights are prolly doomed too...

Kemal
24-08-2004, 16:14
Your knights didn't die yet on the pikes Erikk?

My knights will go down probably yes, without pp's support.. but atm they're still full health and hiding in some forest, so taking them out is no light feat to accomplish, who knows what the rng will decide.

ProPain
24-08-2004, 16:26
leaving 1/2 health knights in the open just didnt seem good sense to me, same for impaling thos wounded knights on full health fortified pikes. It will take me 4 turns to heal and pick up.

As Aggie lost 4 knights (at least that's what I picked up from the pieces of battle report Aggie provided) i dont think Kemals knights are doomed. Also I will return healed and reinforced.

Kemal
24-08-2004, 16:30
Totally agree with the decision you made pp, of course. And as you say, as long as Aggie loses more knights than we do, we are winning the war.

Kemal
25-08-2004, 23:03
Well, I lost the knights indeed, but they took one of Aggie's down with them as well.

Physics will be sent together with the next turn, pp how's metallurgy coming along?

ProPain
26-08-2004, 00:14
3 turns I think

ERIKK
26-08-2004, 09:09
Hey, I missed your post of the 24th Kemal. I had terrible dices last turn when I attacked
Aggie's pike. I emailed you both that story (IIRC).

Aggie told me he killed one of my 2 ramaining knights in his turn so I guess I have 1 1hp knight
left. It will jump on the boat when I get the turn back.

I still don't have it yet Kemal. What are you waiting for?

All in all we did hurt Aggie a bit but if we really wanna hurt him we need allies in the west.