PDA

View Full Version : Arghis vs Moff Open spoiler thread

Arghis
15-03-2004, 22:40
hi here is my start position

Obviously this thread is for anyone unless Mof Jerrod

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Arghis/2004315224032_AvsMoff-img0.jpg
13.4KB

Arghis
15-03-2004, 22:47
Here is the situation in 2030 BC

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Arghis/2004315224520_AvsMoff-img1.jpg
56.44KB

any comments appreciated

Socrates
15-03-2004, 23:48
Might want to help A French player a bit ! ;)

Well obviously this screenshot is from 2190BC !! :D

Mmmh, I see you're lacking some skills, but no offense will be up for anytime, OK ? Let's keep it simple. You irrigated some grasslands ; you might want to check what that can bring you : as far as now, and until you change your government, NOTHING !! [blush2] The food bonus coming from the irrigation is eaten by the despotism penalty. Then I see you connected your cities well enough, but the capital is way too little developped : all those juicy bonus grasslands, waiting to be mined ! [eek] Paris, with a granary (I know you don't have one), could produce settlers quite fast actually, but now it's a bit late.

I also can see you're running at 20% luxury, which is IMO not needed : I don't know the settings (and thus the level), but even on Deity, with 1 luxury connected (silks), you have enough happiness for your little cities. You could run at 100% science. [goodjob] And I see this is C3C (from the civs) ; and I see ivory in the east... [hmm] Wanna build a cool statue ? Better rush... Actually it's not advised to have NO city producing settlers. Go back to expansion phase now !!!

Any comments on my commentary appreciated. :D

Arghis
16-03-2004, 00:17
Hi ! thx for your advices

For the grassland, yes i realized this a short time ago. i'm still not used playing at emperor level

even if i found this interesting, in term of adversity, the way you're obliged to play to counterbalance the power of the AI (optimizing many if not all your task means less diversity, which means less fun) still annoys me to be honest. At least with PBEM i'll hope to see some difference thx to the human counterpart.
For the lack of granary, and the poor state of my capital, well i always hesitate between producing settler / soldier and settler / granary. In this game, as i was discovered by the IA (dutch ) sooner than expected, i focused on military, just in case of ... Also, i have barbs at my doors ...
for the statue, yes i'll try it, but as far as i've seen, i've found only one ivory, so it means that IA (or the others hum player) has the remaining (i imagine there is at lest 2 if not 3 or 4 ivory on th map). So it will be a hard bet.

Arghis
16-03-2004, 00:29
some years later

yes i should produce more settler, i know, and i should mine instead of farming, cause under despotism, mine and roads seems the only useful terrain improvment.

In your opinion, are watchtower (worker job) a good idea. i never see why to build them, unless really special situation. Perhaps for avoiding barbs camp poping in a small zone ?

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Arghis/20043160249_AvsMoff-img2.jpg
65.47KB

Aggie
16-03-2004, 07:10
Arghis, why are you posting spiolers in the open thread forum? That's meant for discussion threads which have info available for both players. Your title is even more confusing.

You can ask for your own forum and I'm sure you'll get it quickly then :)

Aggie
16-03-2004, 07:22
Regarding the game: you irrigated the wheat and that is an excellent idea! You also irrigated towards the cattle and are now able to irrigate that. That is also good. You need all the workers you can get so I would NOT build a watchtower.

The tips you got from Krys were very good. You ddon't need to practise rocket science to beat emperor or higher. There are things that require awareness and once you know them you can use them without thinking.

We are all here to help you [thumbsup].

PS: Good to see that you have Math almost finished. Now all you need is to get a city next to the ivory and build the Statue of Zeus. But you shouldn't sacrifice growth for that statue ;)

Markstar
25-03-2004, 21:38
quote:Originally posted by Aggie

Arghis, why are you posting spiolers in the open thread forum? That's meant for discussion threads which have info available for both players. Your title is even more confusing.

You can ask for your own forum and I'm sure you'll get it quickly then :)
Hehe, I was actually opening the open spoiler thread of our game as well because I thought Arghis had something to say (and I could post some details as well). Luckily you left some room so I didn't see anything.

Anyways, imho, I would start producing a worker in Orleans asap and then mine the grassland in between Orleans and Paris. Also, but that's just my playing style, I'd found a city on the river (and at the coast) next to Paris VERY soon. You don't use all those grasslands with an extra shield for now and you'll get a pretty corruption-free city there.

Arghis
25-06-2004, 11:00
Hi all

next advancement in this game will be put in my private forum :-)

see you later

Pastorius
05-06-2005, 00:20
[whatsthis