PDA

View Full Version : Results Day 2 Season 22

Melifluous
14-03-2004, 22:01
Wow 2 wins from 2.

quote:The crowd of 6328 turning up at Paradise today were greeted by some nasty showers of rain. Beans' had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Struthers - Coutts, Allen, Crowley-Cribbin, Variopoulos - Ebanks, Mathiasson, Holtzclaw, Langston - Hughes, Pace.

Manglers tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Cabezas - Spreadbury, Venkataraman, Bryan - Knell, Hornabrook, Alistair, Davis, Quigley-Parks - Greenwood, Carroll.

Manglers saw most attack opportunites on the wings and were directing their passes that way. The referee showed Manglerss Alan Hornabrook the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. One of many good passes from Andy Quigley-Parks at the wing was recieved and skillfully taken care of by Roddy Carroll, scoring for Manglers to 0 - 1. Some fine manouvering on the left lead to an 29:th minute Manglers goal, making it 0 - 2. Roddy Carroll was noted down as the scorer. In the 35:th minute Beans's Jonathan Langston received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Manglers´s Aatmaj Venkataraman got himself booked. 42 minutes into the game Richard Crowley-Cribbin had to leave the pitch due to a knee injury. In came David Wharton. The game had been on for 43 minutes when Aatmaj Venkataraman broke through to the right, upping the score to the home crowd´s dismay. Manglers´s were up 0 - 3. Halftime score was 0 - 3. Manglers, bringing the final ball possession rate to 52 percent, dominated the battle.

In the 56:th minute Manglers put themselves up 0 - 4 after an attack from the right, caused by a defensive blunder. Scorer was Richard Alistair. After this Manglers lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts. Beans' had a brilliant opportunity to reply as Ronald Holtzclaw received a high ball from the right, striking the ball still in the air. Only Sandy Cabezas´s reflexes saved him. 79 minutes into the game Ed Knell had to leave the pitch due to a knee injury. In came Eric Hautala. In the 81st minute the visitors put themselves ahead 0 - 5 as Walsh Greenwood finished off an attack from the left with a spectacular scissors kick. Manglers held the ball, with a clear 53 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Beans' player was without a doubt Johnny Pace. David Wharton was a disappointment, however. Most important Manglers player was Walsh Greenwood. However, Eric Hautala made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 0 - 5.

2 yellows for me, and one of my wingers is injured for 2 weeks so that aint so bad.

I am one of those players who has 2 teams, a main one and a reserve team, plus a couple of others. I have a big squad, but am stable at about £100k.

Bring on Shabba!

Oh and did I say that I was still top of my division with a 12-0 goal advantage. My next match is against 8th place in my division.

Maybe MOTS was a bit much for these guys, gonna PIC for my next match against the SUPERFURRY FC.

Melifluous

ProPain
14-03-2004, 22:18
quote:Date: 14-03-2004 at 20:30
MatchID: 16777865
Arena: Klein Kuipke
Crowd: 6004

The crowd of 6004 turning up at Klein Kuipke today were greeted by some nasty showers of rain. Racers started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. They fielded: Cuper - Tran, Annink, Marijnissen - Bolland, Nettesheim, van de Beek, Naisi, Rijks - Hennen, Petronia.

PP had chosen a strategic 5-4-1 formation. Lineup: Chalbinski - Tafro, Beugels, Niezing, Boote, van Zeeland - Kloppenberg, Daemen, Bakker, Yatip - Drent.

It was an obvious ambition of Racers to attack on the flanks. PP were relying on their ability to counter-attack. Many thought Stef Hennen ought to have been awarded a penalty shot in the 9:th minute, as he went down trying to circle the visitors keeper Milowit Chalbinski. Toon Niezing showed why he is feared on the counterattack, scoring for PP in the 12th minute to make the score 0 - 1. In the games 27:th minute Racers´s Ewout van de Beek fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Ewout van de Beek for taking a dive. Racers´s Ewout van de Beek made an attempt at equalising in the 29:th minute, coming in from the right, but the ball hit the post, the defense clearing the rebound. PP seemed to suffer a certain amount of confusion about the organization of the team. Halftime score was 0 - 1. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Racers, with an impressive 63 percent possession of the ball.

PP -coach had an extra briefing during the break, and after that his players looked a lot more organized. After the ball got lifted in from the left Toon Niezing was on his own in the home side´s penalty area 54 minutes into the game, and should have scored, but missed, probably due to lack of concentration. In the 59:th minute Racerss Jasper Rijks received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. The away team´s Rolf Beugels took advantage of a mistake to the home side´s right in the 70:th minute increasing PP´s lead to 0 - 2. PP appeared unsure on how to play. A header from Rolf Beugels connected with a corner kick after 83 minutes, and the ball ended up with Gerko Tafro of PP who shot the 0-3 goal. Racers reduced the score in the 85:th minute to 1 - 3 when Marijn Nettesheim got the best of a ball floated in from the left. Toon Niezing of PP received a yellow card in the 86:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Racers, with an impressive 58 percent possession of the ball.

The most dominating Racers player was without a doubt Eddy Annink. Pim Bolland was a disappointment, however. PP´s best player was Sjors Drent. Gerko Tafro on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 1 - 3.

Red Racers
Player rating and Team formation
Team Attitude: (Hidden)
Tactic: Attack on wings
Tactic skill: solid

Midfield: poor
Right Side Defence: solid
Central Defence: passable
Left Side Defence: inadequate
Right Side Attack: inadequate
Central Attack: passable
Left Side Attack: excellent

PP SV
Player rating and Team formation
Team Attitude: Normal
Tactic: Counter-attacks
Tactic skill: solid

Midfield: wretched
Right Side Defence: excellent
Central Defence: formidable
Left Side Defence: solid
Right Side Attack: weak
Central Attack: poor
Left Side Attack: weak

I knew my opponent would have the upper hand on the midfield, so i thought I might as well dig in and counterattack to exploit my weaker midfield. Trained it in the friendly last week and the whole thing paid off very well imo. Next home match looks easy, followed by a home match against the one team I consider by far the strongest is my division. Hopefully form and injuries will be better then.

Team confidence is wonderfull and supporters are delirious. Quite a change from last season. [fdevil]

Melifluous
14-03-2004, 22:29
quote:Right Side Defence: excellent
Central Defence: formidable
Left Side Defence: solid

Nice defence [goodjob]

Melifluous

ProPain
14-03-2004, 23:28
Yeah, I'm wondering why my defenders score much better than my forwards, although their star rating is about the same. Partly I'm blaming this on the sheer number of defenders but I'm also thinking my defense loving coach might have something to do with it.

Bootstoots
15-03-2004, 02:13
quote:
Weather conditions were fairly good for football, and The Yellow Boot saw a crowd turnout of 16280. Yellow started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Baicu - Haas, Knott, Hawkins - Brunner, Borgstedt, Alden, Leu, Cody - Tomlin, Burney.

Tricampeon started off with a 3-4-3 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Dowdy - Larios, Michaels, Kline - Colombo, Unger, Fitch, Sheehan - Parker, Leary, Wolf.

Yellow saw most attack opportunites on the wings and were directing their passes that way. Tricampeon strategy involved pressing and cutting off attack angles of their opponents from all over the field. At this time in the match, Tricampeon were using their skills at the press to successfully put pressure on their opponents. Fine winger Omar Cody made one of his many passes from the wing into the middle in the 25:th minute. Theodore Burney went to the air and hit the ball firmly with his forehead for 1 - 0. Yellow put themselves up 2 - 0 when Theodore Burney broke through on the right, leaving the entire defensive box behind him. The referee showed Yellows Billie Tomlin the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Tricampeon were forced to a substitution as Louis Michaels couldn´t continue playing due to the rough treatment, forcing Max Mooney to come in from the sidelines. Yellow were given a penalty in the 31st, neatly put away by Omar Cody. 3 - 0 for the home side. A bit later, a magnificent combination in the middle resulted in Yellow´s Theodore Burney putting the lead up to 4 - 0. By then Theodore Burney was a three time scorer - a hat trick! After this Yellow lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts. Terrance Fitch of Tricampeon received a yellow card in the 37:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. A couple of quick and successful challenges, followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area after 38 minutes might have resulted in another goal for Yellow. However, Warren Dowdy made a spectacular save. Halftime score was 4 - 0. Yellow held the ball, with a clear 78 percent possession rate.

In the 71st minute Yellow put themselves up 5 - 0. The visitors defenders lost the ball to Billie Tomlin coming up from the left, who proceeded to cooly round the goaltender and knock the ball home. Things were going to get worse for the visitors. Billie Tomlin squirmed himself through the central defense line in the 74:th minute, asserting the lead to 6 - 0. 76 minutes into the game Victor Baicu had to leave the pitch due to a knee injury. In came Magnus Åhnmo. Yellow put themselves up 7 - 0 when Johnny Hawkins broke through on the right, leaving the entire defensive box behind him. Theodore Burney increased Yellows lead to 8 - 0 by putting a header away on a hooked ball from the right. Clint Parker of Tricampeon received a yellow card in the 85:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Yellow held the ball, with a clear 89 percent possession rate.

Yellow´s best player was Billie Tomlin. However, John Alden made a disastrous appearance. The most dominating Tricampeon player was without a doubt Franklin Wolf. However, Orlando Larios made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 8 - 0.
An 8-0 win, my highest-scoring game yet. I'm at the top of my series now with a goal difference of 15-0. One of my keeper trainees is out with a 3 week injury. In my series, there are two main competitors for the top position, a team called Karis and myself. I'm going to have to win a real dogfight with them during this season to secure promotion for next season.

Shabbaman
15-03-2004, 08:53
I actually won. Due to some bad weather I had a pretty small crowd. A real pity, since I needed the cash...

Melifluous
15-03-2004, 10:48
quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

..since I needed the cash...

Dont worry I'll bring the K3 Krew round on Wednesday and force them all to drink grolsch and eat pies at your place and raise your gate fees ;)

Melifluous

Shabbaman
15-03-2004, 10:52
Hm, if they eat pie publically, I think I could double or triple the entrance fees [:O]

Schip
15-03-2004, 13:49
nothing much to report on my league matches so far. I lost both, which clearly indicates my team is not good enough for the 6th division i'm in. Midfield and offense are pretty average but my defense sucks, compared to my opponents. Going to try and chance that in my next matches, matbe change my system to 4-5-1. Also a little bit unlucky on the cards and injuries side, although the former might have something to do with my team captain(seems to be not so nice a fellow).

If you like, check at my team. I'm not desperate yet, but I welcome any advise at this point.

yndy
15-03-2004, 15:10
quote:Weather conditions were fairly good for football, and Sticla T-veni Arena saw a crowd turnout of 21004. Sticla started off with a 3-4-3 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Vlad - Buzoianu, Barbu, Stefan - Pahontu, Roland Olsen, Codreanu, Ungureanu - Stern, Åhltorp, Macavei.

CosmoR0M had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. Lineup: Gujdár - Ganea, Dima, Virágh, Ciobanu - Sógor, Sandru, Constantinescu, Ciripoi - Spiridon, F#337;di.

Sticla were very close to putting themselves one up in the 22nd minute as George Macavei got through, but failing in concentration, he shot the ball wide. In the 35:th minute the home side were awarded a penalty. The visitors protested wildly but the referee was adamant. Georgel Vlad easily put the 1 - 0 goal away for Sticla. In the 39:th minute Sticlas Dan Pahontu received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. After 40 minutes Barbu Ungureanu put Sticla ahead 2 - 0 as he rose to head in a hooked ball, the result of an effort from the right side. In the 41st minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Ionut Codreanu dashed through, knocking home 3 - 0 for Sticla. In the game's 41st minute Sticla´s Muhamed Stern limped slightly after a late challenge, but he was able to continue. The teams went for a half-time break at 3 - 0. Sticla held the ball, with a clear 74 percent possession rate.

The referee showed CosmoR0Ms Attila Virágh the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Dan Pahontu was dominating his wing and kept sending fine balls into the enemy box - Muhamed Stern managed to kick one of them into 4 - 0 in the 51st minute. By now Sticla were drawing the troops back in order to defend their lead. Paul Stefan almost managed to score another goal for Sticla, but his header was tipped to a corner by the visitors goalie. CosmoR0M´s Alex Dima refused to leave the field after injuring his achilles tendon in the 63rd minute. In the 66:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Paul Stefan dashed through, knocking home 5 - 0 for Sticla. In the 75:th minute Sticla´s George Macavei tried to nail the coffin shut, but the shot rebounded off the bar to fall behind the net. Sticla held the ball, with a clear 85 percent possession rate.

Sticla´s best player was Dan Pahontu. Ionut Codreanu on the other hand, had a terrible day. CosmoR0M´s best player was Lénárd Gujdár. Adrian Ciripoi on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 5 - 0.
Easy victory, I actually played a lot of reserves in this game to avoid injuries to the main squad for the decisive games Wednesday and this Saturday.