PDA

View Full Version : PBEM game

Snowman
14-03-2004, 19:52
Just registered. Interested in finding a game.
PTW 1.27
First time playing through a forum.[wavey]

Lt. Killer M
15-03-2004, 05:39
snowman, welcome to CDZ! :D

I do not play PTW games anymore, but i a sure you will find an opponent!

ProPain
15-03-2004, 07:22
Snowman, welcome to CDZ!

I can't play myself as my running games take up too much time as it is and apparently I need to work also. You might wanna include the level you wanna play on in your post and your preferred map settings if you have any.

PP

anarres
15-03-2004, 11:05
If you can 'find' yourself a copy of C3C you will get many more takers too - most people have switched now...

Markstar
15-03-2004, 15:02
Hi and welcome to CDZ!

Well, since I also seem to be one of the few guys who did not REALLY switch to C3C, I would love to play with you.

The problem is that creating a PTW game is pretty difficult nowadays since it requires an older version of PTW to make it work right (or so I'm told, I actually have never tried it).

But maybe we can just start a random game.
Something like this: You (or me) host a random game and the other one gets a veto (or two, ...) so that the starts are not too unfair (like starting in the middle of the desert).

I'm open to pretty much anything, but would prefer a ladder game (to make sure nobody pulls out in the middle of the game for no reason). :D

Snowman
15-03-2004, 23:01
If you would host the game I am also open to what ever you want to set up.

Markstar
18-03-2004, 15:28
Alright, we have many options here.
Of course the easiest would be if you had an instant messenger like ICQ, MSM, etc. so we could discuss it online.

For me to host a PTW game, I'd need your preferred preferences. [crazyeye]

For example, if you rather want a short (smaller map) or a longer game with more units.

To host a game we need to agree on those terms first so I can tell you which Civ I'd want. Usually I take Iroquois, but depending on the difficulty level you want to play I might change that.

Also, personally I like 'Accelerated Production', since it speeds things up considerably. Also, I like larger maps and not so much archipelago. Any difficulty is alright for me.

But as I said, I'm open to pretty much everything. To start a game, we can do two things:
- You tell me your settings, I tell you which civ I'd like and you host a game (or the other way around with settings that could look roughly like this: large map, continents, 6 AIs, wet, temperate, restless barbs, YOUR choice of difficulty, AP).
- Or, we just meet at certain time online (in the Civ-lounge) and create the map while we're there. This would have the advantage that we can be sure nobody created a map until he got a perfect starting spot (like 3 cattles or something). [mischief]

In any case I would say that each of us gets at least one veto.

I will write you a personal message with my email address so you can contact me directly. [smokin]

Snowman
19-03-2004, 19:42
You can host the game. Large map, continents, 6 AIs, wet, temperate, restless barbs sounds good. I usually play on Monarch but would be willing to move up one level of difficulty. My civ. will be the Celts. I will send you an e-mail.

Markstar
19-03-2004, 23:58
Hehe, was working on a reply, then on making the map and when I got back you wrote me a pm! [goodjob]

I see that attempting to set up a fair map might not be that easy. Those were my first two starts:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/2004319232328_toogood.jpg[/i
[img]http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/2004319232813_toogood2.jpg
34.83KBmg]
24.66KB

Since I don't want to raise any suspicions about taking advantage of the situation, I decided not to take either. But even my third aproach was not too bad (after I used my scout, which is a , so I thought I might just post the picture of my start so you can see for yourself if you want to go ahead or not (maybe we can both post our starts).

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/2004319235524_start.jpg
33.09KB

If you don't want it you can try one. ;)

Anyways, I sent the save to your hotmail account (even though I'd strongly suggest a 'regular' account for PBEM, but that's just my opinion.).

Snowman
20-03-2004, 01:19
I,ve sent my move. My starting position is similar to yours. Will load my start soon as I learn how to do a screen shot and upload it.

Snowman
20-03-2004, 03:14
my start

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/snowman/200432031342_Start_WEB.jpg
20.61KB

Markstar
20-03-2004, 09:53
Are you sure you are o.k. with that starting position? I do not want that somebody says later on that I had an unfair advantage, especially since it's a ladder game!

I have not received a turn yet, btw.

Snowman
20-03-2004, 13:51
I'm o.k. with this start. I re-sent my move through my regular e-mail account

Markstar
20-03-2004, 13:55
I got it and sent you turn #2. :D

Let the show begin.

Snowman
20-03-2004, 14:19
Got it and sent my move. Away we go. What ever the outcome, I'm just happy to be playing.

Markstar
24-03-2004, 01:40
Mmh, I knew there was something wrong with this map. Well, looks like this is a pangea instead of continents. [???]

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/200432413737_smmini.jpg

Mmh, should we proceed or do you want to restart? If you want to restart, better say it now so we don't 'waste' any more turns.

Sorry about that. [V]