PDA

View Full Version : Diplomacy ?

Socrates
13-03-2004, 00:39
Well, I didn't know where to put that, I apologize if this is the wrong place.

There is a board game called Diplomacy, that I know some of you CDZ freaks know. :D I played my 1st game many years ago, but so far I have played so little (my 10 fingers would be OK to count "real" games), and I've never played with 7 players, nor 6 (and 5 or 4 : almost never). In theory I'm a huge fan of the game, but I'm now frustrated to have played so few rather boring games.

I think some of you might be interested to play, and I think CDZ would be a cool place to run some games, as it has a bit of the spirit of PBEM Civ3. [goodjob] What do you think ? Comment and add to that in this topic ! I'd like to play in 1 game (NO MORE THAN ONE AT A TIME !!! [eek] ), at a rather slow but regular rate.

If anarres and ProPain agreed, we could open a new sub-forum here to support this. Now remember this is only a suggestion for now. But I'd be happy to be active there. :) I, as France, must just remember to take the Netherlands quickly before Germany does !! :D Seriously, this would be nice, and I don't think it would become huge anyway, so all in all it would be a nice place to have a drink, watch a movie... and grow desires of murder against your former friends !!?? [evil] [eek]

Discussion open ! (I apologize if I shouldn't have opened such a topic in CDZ.)

ProPain
13-03-2004, 11:11
no apologies needed. I think Col will like it as I recall he's played diplomacy a lot. I myself have never played it but being the game addict I am, I'll be lurking to see what it is.

I'll open a forum for you too.

anarres
13-03-2004, 11:18
I want to play Diplomacy...

ProPain
13-03-2004, 11:27
FOrum made and I you the mod for it krys. Have fun!

col
13-03-2004, 12:13
We tried to get a game going at CFC but it folded. Its hard to get 7 keen players.
Diplomacy is a great game. No RNG at all. Just backstabbing two faced negotiation skills.

Socrates
13-03-2004, 13:26
I wake up, and then I see a new Diplomacy forum, and BTW I am the mod ? [eek] Woah coool, CDZ is a really coool place !!! [coool]

Well, as col said, I came upon some threads at CFC about that game, and it gave me the will to play... Now, I think CDZ will be better to play, because CFC is too... huge, if you see what I mean.

No need to talk more about it here, as a new forum waits for me. If anyone is a Diplomacy diehard, then say it and you would be a mod as well. All to the new forum now ! :)

Socrates
11-10-2004, 18:55
quote:Originally posted by col

We tried to get a game going at CFC but it folded. Its hard to get 7 keen players.

We succeeded in completing 2 games at CDZ. [coool] Another sign that CDZ > CFC in some ways ? [hmm] And that's only the beginning... Hoping to resume the Diplomacy activity in a few weeks.

Sorry to bump another topic again ! :D Some guest was just lurking this topic (maybe it was a bot ?), so I jumped in, and wanted to reply. [blush]

anarres
11-10-2004, 23:18
hehe. :D

So...

...when are we starting the next one? [hmm]

Socrates
11-10-2004, 23:24
Hehe, anarres back from his long weekend where he got pissed for 3 days (j/k). I bet you have much to read right now !! ;)

When are we starting ? I said "in a few weeks". Why ? I want to wait for a dedicated Diplo player, you know who you are. ;) I think he's back soon. We could start it up around the meeting (more or so).

I find it definitively funny to bump old topics for (more or so) useful comments. [yeah] Either they become a place of reactivated debates, either they become spam topics. But we like good spam here, don't we ? [:p]

Pastorius
11-10-2004, 23:58
mmmm....spam...I use ketchup on mine