PDA

View Full Version : Tiny Chaos - Spoiler

Markstar
11-03-2004, 09:21
Mmh, thought I finally open up a thread for this one as well since things have been getting interesting recently.

This is a 4-player game with Digger760 (Greeks), Matrix (Viking) and ProPain (Persia). We started that game before I even knew about CDZ, so I was quite scared of them at that time.

But, everything is going as planned so far, except ProPain destroyed my scout very early on and asked me innocently the next round, why we were at war. He wanted peace again, but of course I refused, knowing that once he'd try to switch to republic, he'd be in trouble. He then tried to lure me into peace, saying that I was falling behind in tech, even though I really wasn't, actually I was (and still am) ahead of everybody, at least according to my standards. I guess he tried to trick the newbie, which I didn't really appreciate that much and gave me a not very nice first impression of ProPain.
So we stayed at war, it was much to early for a serious war and in addition to that, we have Digger between us.
But when he came over with a warrior, I took the opportunity and triggered GA.
Digger told me that ProPain would probably want to stay out of GA until he has The Republic. [fdevil] So my new idea was that I annoy him a little more and force him to trigger his GA and then make peace. Several reasons: As was said before, Digger is in between, so I think he'd go after him first. Also I was actually planning on going after Matrix before the gets his UU.

And that's how it is now, I just signed a 30 turn peace with PP and extended peace with Digger another 20 turns. The deal with Matrix expired recently so I hope he's ready for me. [evil]

The others just developed Code Of Laws, I actually had that for quite a while, so I think I'm approximately 10-15 turns ahead tech-wise.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/200431191415_TC 975BC.jpg
113.18KB

The mini map shows that ProPain is pretty far away. Digger is worried about being attacked soon, looks like ProPain has some Immortals running around there. I think he should be. But hoplite + walls should fare pretty well against Immortals, shouldn't they?

BTW, you can see a stack of MWs near Grand River. Those are 9 units, with more on the way. I'm thinking about waiting until I have 20, what do you think? [?]

Skyfish
12-03-2004, 10:58
This is Tiny Chaos, no need for 20 MWs for sure...go ahead and attack now [evil]

Banzai
12-03-2004, 11:52
Great move signing the peace deals with ProPain and Digger! This way you cannot be backstabbed when you attack Matrix.
I would make full use of the situation and attack Matrix fast!
9 MW might not be enough, but the longer you wait the smaller the window of opportunity will be.

Banzai!

Markstar
12-03-2004, 21:19
900BC (Turn 81): The road on the jungle tile near Grand River is finished and I have moved all my troops into position. 15 MWs near Grand River and 2 near Oil Springs. The attack will begin next round, I was thinking about moving 8 MWs first (including the only one regular MW I have) to make my army appear a little weaker than it actually is. But I'm not really sure if that will have any positive effect at all, but I was initially hoping that this might lure all his units to the city next to the Dyes. In addition to that I just saw a swordsman on the hill next to Lindeburg and he can reach on of my cities in 3 turns.
But I guess I'll just move them all at once, that means I can reach that Dye-city in 3 turns. And if I'm lucky it might take him at least that long to get his forces there. I'll make a little investigations next round before I attack to see what he's got there. [cool]

Mmh, too bad that we usually don't get any turns done on weekends - I'm so excited. [cry]

Markstar
23-03-2004, 12:18
OPERATION: FREE HÄGAR BEGINS!!!

As you know the Iroquois have always been very peace loving people, but the ongoing aggression against our citizens and our way of living leaves no choice but to end these acts of terrorism. Those acts against us have become so disturbing that our own citizens become unhappy with the situation, as you can clearly see in this recent poll of our dear capital:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/200432312431_proof.jpg
35.07KB

The point is reached where we can no longer watch the oppression of the Vikings. Thus, peace convoys were sent into Straland’s territory to help reestablish peace in this area. Our troops have met minimal resistance so far and are well on their way to the capital, Strastad, where they will hope to reestablish justice for everybody.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/200432312930_tc1.jpg
272.4KB

We hope this terrible conflict will end soon, but it came to the point where we had to defend our way of living!

God bless the Iroquois people!!!

Markstar
14-04-2004, 19:12
Oh well, looks like I'm going down. Matrix was successfully eradicated from his starting position (though he got a town gifted from PP).
But this turn the peace treaty with Digger expired and he won't agree to another one, so I'm pretty sure he made a deal with PP. Since I saw no other choice other than attack, I investigated Digger's town...
[eek]

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/200441419249_therm.jpg
125.97KB

What you see there is a total of 8 Swordsmen and 12 Hoplites!!!
Well, I certainly can't take those out, especially not with the Walls giving Digger some extra protection. Well, if ProPain is coming (and I'm sure he will) with his troops as well (and I expect even more Immortals), I'm screwed.
Will try a delayed retreat for them, maybe I can hit them hard enough to save my capital. But I don't think it'll work.

Anyways, was a fun game, might as well look at the stats while they still look encouraging. :(

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/200441419718_histo.jpg
80.91KB

Markstar
23-04-2004, 16:02
So it has begun, Digger and ProPain moved their troops into my territory:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/200442315493_tc.jpg
253.52KB

I decided to go for Digger's troops first, PP is still further away.
I lose 11 units [cry] and 6 retreat [ponder], leaving me 24 + 3=4 arriving next round.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/200442316032_tc2.jpg
137.57KB

The problem is that I had to abandon 3 cities + the streets underneath, otherwise PP and Digger would be able to advance rapidly. But it will also make a counterattack much more difficult, if there is even going to be one. [???]

Markstar
23-04-2004, 16:06
Oh, I forgot, I also got a leader! I'll use it to rush GL, since I am convinced they will also combine their research now.

They are still in despotism, though, and I have FP + republic. Map Making will be finished in 5 turns (if I live that long) and maybe I can think of some nice suprises for PP. ;)

Pastorius
23-04-2004, 16:35
That was a nasty battle [eek]

Markstar
27-05-2004, 09:41
Nothing much happening, the pace is pretty slow right now. Here is the current situation:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/200452792458_TC350.jpg
168.65KB

I won't risk an attack, I'm sure Digger has plenty of units ready to crush any MWs making an attempt to go for his cities. Right now, the losses would simply be to high. Instead, I'll try to get some Galleys ready to ship some units into PP's territory. Hopefully I'll have 5 Galleys ready in 5 turns. [:p]

Ahh, it's good to write these spoilers, otherwise I wouldn't have noticed that ProPain is in Anarchy (the other two in Despotism)...mmh, time will tell if I can still keep up after that...probably not.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/200452794058_TCP.jpg
8.12KB

Markstar
02-06-2004, 12:09
Finally! ProPains troops show up.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/2004621218_finally.jpg
70.12KB

25 - I could easily handle them if he were alone, but together with Digger I'm not so sure. It all depends how many troops and especially which ones Digger has. I hope he build mainly Swordsmen, but I'm afraid he didn't. I made a mistake not to built more spearman after the first attack. That way, I could have helt the mountain I think. Now I'll probably have to retreat towards the capital and loose Centralia since I only have 2 Spearmen and after these are gone, Digger (or ProPain) will be able to take out my MWs very easily. [cry]
Moved most of my MWs on the hill so I will be able to retreat to a city in the same round. I hope I won't scare them away so I switched from Galley to MW for nothing.

ProPain is in Republic now, in Mfg Goods I have 88 while the 2nd (PP) has 52. Too bad it takes a long time to develop my 2nd core.

Markstar
02-06-2004, 12:17
While writing this (and leaving the game open to make screenshots), I decided to move 4 of the western MWs on the hill as well. I won't be able to hold Centralia either way (unless I'm REALLY lucky against ProPain's troops), so I might as well have my units ready for the next wave/counterattack asap.

Markstar
04-06-2004, 19:47
Mmh, Digger and ProPain approached me and as you can see on the following picture, the battle was going to quite extensive...

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/200464194028_toogood.jpg
235.15KB

What I did then was moving all my other units units first (workers, MWs in the souther part), then the elites and after that the huge stack. The battle went extremely well, too good, actually, so I'm wondering if I should abandon some units in order to cause no concerns about me 'tweaking' the game. There were about 46 MWs involved (mainly against ProPain), but I only lost 3 MWs (from 49 to 46) and even got a leader in the beginning!!! [eek]
Now I'm afraid Digger and ProPain will get the turn and say (think) something like: "Mmh, he probably replayed it until it was perfect, damn cheater!" I am seriously thinking about really loading it up again and playing it over, or should I just abandon 5 units??? This is especially bothering me since I was already lucky earlier in the game. [ponder][sad]

Please help - I still have the game running, hopefully somebody will reply soon. [help]

Markstar
05-06-2004, 02:42
Mmh, great. I talked to Kemal for a while and he told me that I could simply write down the order of my moves so that others could also replay it if Digger of ProPain asked for it.
But since I didn't really have time in the first place to play the turn and this whole issue took already way too long, I couldn't remember the exact order of my moves a couple of hours later.

Since I didn't remember the exact order, I decided to replay the turn myself to see if I was right. It seems that I did not exactly get it right, so as a result I actually loose 5 MWs instead of 3 (leaving Digger with 6 Hoplites instead of 5). Everything else I left the same even though I found some things I would have wanted to change.

I simply don't have the time to look into it any longer, so I'll just post the saves plus the two different screenshots and let you be the judge. I'll also tell ProPain and Digger, of course.

The original save:
Download Attachment: icon_paperclip.gif Tiny Chaos.SAV (http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/20046515457_Tiny Chaos.SAV)
77.99KB

This is the first game with only 3 MWs lost:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/20046514025_toogood.jpg
111.41KB
Download Attachment: icon_paperclip.gif Tiny Chaos Too Good.SAV (http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/20046514522_Tiny Chaos Too Good.SAV)
76.51KB

And this the second:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/2004651427_toogood2.jpg
98.8KB
Download Attachment: icon_paperclip.gif Tiny Chaos 2nd Play.SAV (http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/20046514624_Tiny Chaos 2nd Play.SAV)
77.34KB

Obviously I'm doing something wrong at the beginning since the leader which get triggered at the beginning is already a lot different (loses 4 HPs compared to none).

The way I played was that in the beginning I followed the order of the units (southern continent, mainly worker movement, founding a city (and rearranging the wheat so that every city would have one wheat now). Then it'd go up, I move the MW that comes up against PP. After then I move the worker south and wake up the elite stack. I trigger a leader with the 1st elite, rush Pyramids and use the rest of the elites without any more leaders. Then comes the other stack, I avoid the regulars and the first elite (the elite coming up in the middle I use by accident). I use regulars against already hurt Immortals and then move against Digger, using the last remaining elite at first. In the end I move the rest of the workers and galleys (and discover that I can reach one of PPs cultural cities within one turn). [:p]

Markstar
10-07-2004, 10:48
Yeah, ProPain is back and I finally got another turn.
Since I was able to fight of the most recent wave, I am now trying to figure out what to do next. So I bought another Galley in Centralia, that means I will have 4 available next round. With the recent reconnaissence (can't post picture now - will do that later) I think I might have a good shot of doing quite some damage, since I can reach ProPain with one turn. I certainly hope he doesn't have too many troops ready.

More importantly, I have to get my 2nd core ready. This turn I noticed that Digger has Map Making. [eek]...[cry]
He will only need two turns moving his front (!) units to the southern part of the continent. Right now I only have 1 MW there (with one HP), I stopped another one that was already on it's way up. Two more will be done in 3 turns, I hope that will be soon enough, otherwise I'll lose everything down there. [saiyan]
Mmh, the more I think about it, the more I'm considering sending some more troops south. Otoh, they may be late either way. I could also try to put some more pressure on Digger in the north as soon as my troops are healed (which should take two more turns at most).

Yep, I'll do that: Take all my healed units (~30), put them two squares away from Digger, take 8 units onto galleys for the first wave and save another 8 for the second wave before attacking Digger with the rest. [evil]

Markstar
16-07-2004, 21:50
Mmh, things don't look very good, I don't think the 8 MWs will be enough, I think Digger will take out my 2nd core soon and I'm afraid he will crash the units I'll throw at him. :(

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/200471621393_troops.jpg
299.74KB

I think I'll attack to force a decision and attack. As much as like the game, summer break is near at the university and I'll be out of town working for 3 months (hope I'll be able to check my mail, though) so I'll be pretty busy anyways. Same thing with the Fair Starts - would have been fun to have 2 massive armies facing each other. Maybe another time.

So the next few turns will be really interesting. I finish a settler next round, I might use it to regain the gems and get access to Digger's city. OTOH I have to attack him now or he'll land his troops in the south soon. I'm sure he bought some galleys - I certainly would have. Crap!!! [cry]

Pastorius
16-07-2004, 22:08
Summer break near at the university. Do they hold exams in July where you are? Poor fella.
I hope we get more wonderful action in the near future, cause the crappy machine I use right now can barely load a save, taking ages to do so. Well, the weather here is starting to improve as well, so there wont be much time to play civ, but I ll still pop into CDZ every now and then...

ERIKK
16-07-2004, 23:03
Interesting game with dedicated players! [goodjob]

Markstar
18-07-2004, 07:46
quote:Originally posted by Paalikles

Do they hold exams in July where you are?Well, I'm in the 8th semester so I can chose when I want to have my (oral) exams by now. Since I've been busy with two project all the time (cyptography and neural networks), I decided to take them after I come back from work. I hope I can study those 3 months since I'm away from my girlfriend, books, TV and, of course, my DSL-flat, so there'll be nothng else to do. At least that's the plan. [mischief]
Hopefully I'll have more time for Civ next semester, though I doubt it. [sad]

Markstar
09-08-2004, 13:32
Finally some movement again.
I landed with 8 MWs on ProPain's territory, but I don't have high hopes since there is a Horseman right next to me and who knows what else he has. It had to be now or never since this was the only time I had the element of surprise. [evil]
Also, I'm planning my attack vs Digger. I build a settler for building a city on the ruins next to the diamonds. I have 2 Spearmen and a couple (maybe 5) MWs on the spot to tempt Digger a little bit so he won't attack my southern continent. As soon as the settler arrives, I'll start the attack. Unless he attacks me first, of course. I just hope I have enough units. I doubt it, though. He's in GA and had plenty of time to build more than enough Hoplites/Horsemen to take care of my forces. [cry]

Sorry, no pics right now, maybe later. [blush2]

Markstar
12-08-2004, 08:14
I will NEVER EVER play a turn in a hurry. Usually I take the time to look at a save for a couple of minutes before making any moves. But this time I hurried to get the turn to Digger in time and didn't strategize my moves.

What happened: ProPain didn't kill all my units at first sight and I was actually able to take a city (lost 2 MWs altogether and one retreated)!!! [party] Then ProPain came with a Horseman, killed my only MW with full health and now had one fully healthy Horseman and one Immortal plus 2 spearmen standing by. So I decided to retreat. I couldn't get all my 3 remaining (hurt) units, one of which was an elite, out, so I decided to attack the Immortal: My unit retreated, taking 2 HPs from the Immortal, so I put the MW on the galley together with the elite. With the remaining MW I captured a nearby worker so I could explore some more of ProPain's territory - and discover a undefended city!!!!!!!!!!! [aargh]
Had I waited to put the elite on the galley, I could have taken that city as well and hurt ProPain a LOT more that now. [cry][V][wallbash]

In other news: Digger came to the south with 2 galleys, I have 5 MWs and 2 spearmen, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. In the north I have my settler in position, so next round will decide the outcome of this war...[vampire]

anarres
12-08-2004, 10:00
Wow, you must be gutted!

Markstar
12-08-2004, 14:44
Yes, I am.

Mmh, no save today even though I sent it last night, I guess Digger is busy with getting a baby delivered and taken care of. I hope all goes well in the delivery room [party] (not like my girlfriend's cousin, where three doctors recently misread the sonogram and decided to slice her open because they thought the baby's shoulder was to big to take the usual exit. The baby turned out to be tiny and now she has a scar for no reason.:().

I'll replay the save and post some pictures of my huge mistake tomorrow... *sigh*

Lt. Killer M
12-08-2004, 14:58
markstar,

sorry to hear about your GF's cousin - I was recently told I had no right cranial artery and had to be checked out int he hopsital - after they mixed the inital CT data up! It wasn't me lacking the artery but some other guy, it seems.
Do you think even ONE of the docs bothered to put a finger to my neck and FEEL my pulse?

Markstar
13-08-2004, 13:17
Yeah, Digger had the baby delivered and chose to attack me right away (maybe to relief his anxiety???). Anyways, the attack was not nearly as bad as I had feared, this is his (exemplary) battle report:
Greek Units killed/lost to Iro units
Reg Sword lost to Elite Spear
Vet Sword killed Vet Spear
Vet Sword lost to Vet Spear
Vet Sword Kills Vet Spear
Reg Sword Kills Wounded Elite Spear
Vet Horseman Kills Elite MW :)
Reg Sword lost to MW :(
Vet Horesman lost to vet? MW :(
Reg Sword Kills Vet MW
Reg Sword lost to Vet MW
Reg Sword Kills MW
Reg Sword forces MW retreat

Summary
Greeks:
Reg Swords 3
Vet Swords 1
Vet Horseman 1

Iros:
Elite Spear 1
Vet Spear 2
Elite MW's 2
Vet MW's 2

That means that in total, Digger lost 150 shields while I lost 180. Not too bad. I think he made a mistake my not attacking more (I am sure he has more units around), only MWs remained (though ~40 of them) so they would have been easy kills. Maybe he got frustrated by the last 3 MWs that retreated, who knows. Otoh I also made a mistake by not producing spearmen earlier. Any counterattack will severely hurt me now and this could have been avoided.
Anyways, now I can finally found the city again and counterattack this very round if I want to, and I think I do. Either way I'll have gems back which should satisfy my people a little (not that I have an unhappiness problem).
BUT, the save isn't in yet so it'll have to wait.

Markstar
18-08-2004, 07:13
Here finally some pictures of my revenge. Things were going very well, as usual, I am now convinced that it's not luck but just the superiority of my MWs.

Here is the situation before the attack:
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/200481865937_before.jpg
331.8KB

Here is a powergraph...

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/20048187318_Powergraph.jpg
43.12KB

And this is it after the massacre:
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/20048187140_after.jpg
132.06KB

I lost 4 Mounted Warriors, 4 retreated. Digger lost 11 (!) Hoplites, 8 Swordsmen and 2 Horsemen. [estwing]

Next round I'll heal my units and start the attack. Digger made 2 mistakes, imho, he did not attack me while my units were protecting the settler. Or he doesn't have any more units, in which case it's over. The second mistake is not destoying the road in order to prevent me from getting to his city in one turn...

Anyways, I already told ProPain the game won't last much longer, so now I have to see to it that it will... [evil]

Pastorius
18-08-2004, 08:40
Wow. Good work ;)

Markstar
08-09-2004, 19:13
Alright, time for some news. I've been busy with work lately but I think I should write a short summary of what has been going on, even though only a few turns were actually played.

This is the stack that went on to capture Thermopylae two turns after my last post (except the hurt units, of course).

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/20049818282_121.jpg
123.65KB

Things went o.k., I lost 4 MWs and Digger 4 Hoplites and 1 Swordsman. After I take the city I see that there are 2 more Hoplites and another Swordsman right next to Thermopylae so I decide to attack them elite MWs (which I spare for occasions exactly like this one) and the second one gets me a leader. [party] Mmh, but I don't really know what to do with it, so I rush the Great Lighthouse in Thermopylae, maybe it won't flip back as easy then.
Concerning ProPain, after I brought back my 2 hurt units from the campaign that was not as successful as it could have been, I took 3 empty galleys back to his territory again in order to scare him a little. The idea was to convince ProPain that it might be a better idea to take care of his own land instead of helping Digger out and I must say it worked pretty well as there were almost no units in Diggers territory at all.
So as you can imagine, taking Thermopylae is the beginning of the end for Digger, since I don't think he has many more units around, otherwise he would have used them for protecting his borders.

As a result, I collect all my forces for the immediate attack of Diggers capital...

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/200498183657_122.jpg
145.25KB
...so that the next turn looks like this:
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/200498184144_123 s.jpg
188.58KB
Interestingly, there were no attacks on my stack, neither from Digger nor, as mentioned, from ProPain, I guess ProPain really fell for my feign. [groucho]

That way I could attack with full force and capture Athens. I lost 8 MWs in the process, 2 of them were elite MWs against ONE regular Horseman (the last unit in Athens)!!! [tvs]
After Athens fell, I was able to also capture Knossos, Mycenae and Argos, with Mycenae having no units at all and the others having one Hoplite each. I even found 3 units from ProPain (two Immortals and one Spearman) next to Knossos it the jungle - relatively easy kills so I decided to use some more of my elites (as I had done vs Athens when there were only weak/very hurt units left) and voila - another leader!!! (insert more enthusiastic chanting here...[sleep]) This time I rushed the Oracle in Athens since there is really not much else to do with it. Conquests is much better there; using armies actually makes sense.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/20049819531_123 e.jpg
195.79KB

Next turn comes Sidon to get ProPain out of the south and then, if I have enough troops left that turn, Delphi. But my next priority is Matrix' last remaining city, simply to speed up the game by have only 3 ppl left. [devil] After I think I'll rest a little, get some reinforcements before I finish of Digger and go after ProPain. I'm under no pressure and things look pretty good right now. :D

That's it for now and since Digger is on vacation for two weeks, we all (me, especially, of course) have to be patient...

Markstar
24-09-2004, 18:29
Victory - Tiny Chaos 2 comes to an end!!!

Today ProPain and Digger decided to fold which marks the end of this cool game. Of course you could already see it coming if you have followed the recent posts where I first destroyed Digger's stack in the gem-battle of 190 and quickly moved on to capturing Digger's capital. Combined with my successful (lucky) attack on ProPain's lands which obviously pretty much kept his units in his territory, there was nothing really standing in my way now.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/markstar/2004924182148_map.jpg
287.86KB

I would have moved into Matrix' territory next and go from there, ignoring Digger for now and hurt ProPain as much as possible, but now it'll never come to it (even though Matrix would have liked to continue). All that's left to say is: ONCE AGAIN, THE MOUNTED WARRIORS PROVED THEIR SUPERIORITY!!! Too bad the Iroquis are A LOT weaker in C3C. [cry] Anyways, here a final picture:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/markstar/2004924182625_powergraph.jpg
70.1KB

Thanks guys for this great game, it was really fun and kept me from studying WAY TOO MUCH!!!

anarres
24-09-2004, 19:51
Hey congrats man! Winning a 4-way is pretty cooool. [coool]

Banzai
24-09-2004, 20:36
Congratulations!
That was an awesome example on how to fight an early war versus multiple opponents.
It proves once again how deadly the Iroquois can be in the hands of a skillful player.
You showed great millitary and psychological tactics... I wonder how fast you can beat me in a PBEM [coool]

Well done!

Banzai!

Markstar
25-09-2004, 19:37
Thanks you two!!! [blush]

quote:Originally posted by Banzai

You showed great millitary and psychological tactics... I wonder how fast you can beat me in a PBEM [coool]
I wouldn't be too sure that I would beat you, after all you appear to be a really skillful player! Maybe we will find out some time. For now I still have one PBEM going and I'll be really busy studying for my university. However, I plan to play an online session once in a while if I find somebody to play with...

I'd prefer PBEM, but they just take up toooooo much time that I don't have, especially against skillfull players and/or several oppenents at once. ;)

digger760
29-09-2004, 13:46
quote:Originally posted by Markstar

Yeah, Digger had the baby delivered and chose to attack me right away (maybe to relief his anxiety???). Anyways, the attack was not nearly as bad as I had feared, this is his (exemplary) battle report:
Greek Units killed/lost to Iro units
Reg Sword lost to Elite Spear
Vet Sword killed Vet Spear
Vet Sword lost to Vet Spear
Vet Sword Kills Vet Spear
Reg Sword Kills Wounded Elite Spear
Reg Sword lost to MW :(
Vet Horesman lost to vet? MW :(
Reg Sword Kills Vet MW
Reg Sword lost to Vet MW
Reg Sword Kills MW

Summary
Greeks:
Reg Swords 3
Vet Swords 1
Vet Horseman 1

Iros:
Elite Spear 1
Vet Spear 2
Elite MW's 2
Vet MW's 2

That means that in total, Digger lost 150 shields while I lost 180. Not too bad. I think he made a mistake my not attacking more (I am sure he has more units around), only MWs remained (though ~40 of them) so they would have been easy kills. Maybe he got frustrated by the last 3 MWs that retreated, who knows. Otoh I also made a mistake by not producing spearmen earlier. Any counterattack will severely hurt me now and this could have been avoided.
Anyways, now I can finally found the city again and counterattack this very round if I want to, and I think I do. Either way I'll have gems back which should satisfy my people a little (not that I have an unhappiness problem).
BUT, the save isn't in yet so it'll have to wait.

I simply did not have the units to split up to attack the southern continent. I think a big mistake on our behalf was that we I should have changed to Republic before goinf for the greek GA.

I felt that youd had enough MW to take Themoplay even before i moved the army out into the open. In retrospect i think i should have stayed fortified in the city. But the Despotic GA was a big draw back.

Markstar
29-09-2004, 14:23
quote:Originally posted by digger760I felt that youd had enough MW to take Themoplay even before i moved the army out into the open. In retrospect i think i should have stayed fortified in the city. But the Despotic GA was a big draw back.
Hehe, and I was sure you had produced an attack force large enough to take out enough of my forces so that I'd not be able to hurt you enough to win the upper hand.
Plus, I was also convinced that ProPain had units running around in your territory to help you against me. Luckily, that wasn't the case...[crazyeye]

Markstar
03-10-2004, 06:06
Alright, Matrix wanted to keep it going, so we kept it going since my plan involved the destruction of Matrix as the next point anyways. This is how it looks two turns later:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/markstar/200410355532_TCFinal.jpg
251.89KB

Again, it was a fun game, I wish I could participate in TC3, but I promised myself to focus on real-life issues for now (finishing university, more time with girlfriend, doing other things again (like reading, etc)).