PDA

View Full Version : First and Second Round of your Cup

Melifluous
03-03-2004, 09:59
Well what can I say?

Was a cracking match and although HO tells me that I was outnumbered by 37 stars to 25.5 [:o] I still only get beaten by the Golden Goal...

A scorching day at Meli's Manglers Arena, where 8124 spectators were in place for today´s match. Manglers had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: Cabezas - Spreadbury, Venkataraman, Bryan - Knell, Hornabrook, Alistair, Davis, Quigley-Parks - Greenwood, Carroll.

United had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Torbjärnsson - Sidenmar, Gannon, Kluivert, Romero - Buchan, Ehnstål, Chasco, Schaufele - Silfwering, Brennan.

Manglers clearly preferred attacks in the middle. Manglers tried to break through in the middle repeatedly, but kept getting stuck on the visitors defenders. After a fine move down the middle Richard Alistair nearly gave the home side one up in the 32nd minute. The finishing shot went just wide, though. Manglerss Richard Alistair gave, after 34 minutes, the home team a 1 - 0 lead after an attack coming in from the right. The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 0. Manglers held the ball, with a clear 52 percent possession rate.

In the games 55:th minute the visitors levelled to 1 - 1 as Gonzalo Chasco struck home on a bar rebound, following a shot from the right. The referee showed Manglerss Adam Davis the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. When Adam Davis made yet another studs first tackle, in the games 73th minute, the referee was obliged to book the Manglers player for the second time, sending him off the pitch. In the games 77:th minute United´s Håkan Silfwering missed an opportunity to score the leading goal on a penalty, the shot delivered straight into the keepers hands. United held the ball, with a clear 61 percent possession rate.

After the regular 90 minutes, the agony of overtime followed. A mistake by the home sides central defence in the 96:th minute allowed Tobias Ehnstål to score 1 - 2 for United. With that United had won the game in extra time. Manglers´s best player was Walsh Greenwood. However, Sandy Cabezas made a disastrous appearance. The most dominating United player was without a doubt David Kluivert. Algernon Schaufele was a disappointment, however. The match ends 1 - 2.

My Team

Midfield: weak
Right Side Defence: weak
Central Defence: solid
Left Side Defence: passable
Right Side Attack: solid
Central Attack: solid
Left Side Attack: solid

And their team...

Right Side Defence: outstanding
Central Defence: magnificent
Left Side Defence: brilliant
Right Side Attack: passable
Left Side Attack: excellent

Scary huh?

Melifluous

English_brit
03-03-2004, 17:31
I won my first Cup game 6-1 away from home. Really poor attendance though. I've got a team that finished 3rd in Division 5 last year (I'm in Division 6) and they have some players over one and a half million pounds in value, so I'm bricking it. lol

Scooby Dooby Doo
Player rating and Team formation
Team Attitude: (Hidden)
Tactic: Attack on wings
Tactic skill: excellent

Midfield: inadequate
Right Side Defence: solid
Central Defence: solid
Left Side Defence: passable
Right Side Attack: world class
Central Attack: passable
Left Side Attack: world class

That's the team I've got to play. Two world class ratings. Uh oh. lol

Tolunay Oðuzer
1 254 000 £, 20 years, solid form
Has poor experience and weak leadership abilities

Ronald Baker
1 304 000 £, 20 years, weak form
Has wretched experience and poor leadership abilities [Quick]

Jing Jea-Wook
1 766 000 £, 20 years, passable form
Has weak experience and inadequate leadership abilities

Dejan Džinic
1 728 667 £, 20 years, passable form
Has wretched experience and weak leadership abilities [Unpredictable]

He's got those 4 players over 1 million. Hmm, I think I might get a beating. lol Nvmd. Bet I get a naff crowd turnout as well. Sigh. lol

Bootstoots
04-03-2004, 02:15
quote:
5887 spectators had come to The Yellow Boot this cloudy day. Yellow had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: Åhnmo - Haas, Knott, Hawkins - Brunner, Borgstedt, Alden, Salparanta, Cody - Tomlin, Burney.

Callers had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Gay - Leone, Enriquez, Middleton - Hannon, Holbrook, Rudd, Daugherty, Chapa - Ratcliff, Weber.

Yellow clearly preferred attacks in the middle. Theodore Burney gave his Yellow the lead with 1 - 0, as he successfully challenged both the guests central defenders, then placed the ball unreachably at the goaltenders right post. Randy Knott received some harsh words from his coach after he acted foolishly, probably out of lack of experience, in the 7:th minute and almost caused an opponent to score. Yellow put themselves up 2 - 0 when Evert Salparanta broke through on the right, leaving the entire defensive box behind him. A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Yellow lead up with 3 - 0. Billie Tomlin finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. Evert Salparanta should probably have put his team up another goal in the 29:th minute, but some great goaltending by Brad Gay kept the visitors in the game. 3 - 0 was the half-time score. Yellow held the ball, with a clear 73 percent possession rate.

After 53 minutes John Alden put Yellow ahead 4 - 0 as he rose to head in a hooked ball, the result of an effort from the right side. By now Yellow were drawing the troops back in order to defend their lead. The referee showed Callerss Tony Rudd the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Yellow were given a penalty in the 77:th, neatly put away by Omar Cody. 5 - 0 for the home side. Yellow were given a penalty in the 79:th, neatly put away by Omar Cody. 6 - 0 for the home side. In the games 85:th minute Yellow´s Randy Knott fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Randy Knott for taking a dive. Yellow held the ball, with a clear 84 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Yellow player was without a doubt Billie Tomlin. Evert Salparanta was a disappointment, however. Most important Callers player was Allan Weber. Brad Gay on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 6 - 0.
6-0 against a team that has recently lost its owner, it was an easy win. My supporters are already "high on life," from calm (I think) after the reset on Monday. However, I'm almost certain of defeat next round; I'm against somebody from division IV who fields a team with anywhere from 3 to 5 stars per player (as opposed to my 2-3 stars). I'm going to play that one normal though; I want to put up a good fight so that my cup exit will not cause much damage to supporter and sponsor relations. I will have an easy game on Sunday, I'm playing a team that lost its cup game to a bot team 4-2; they both had disastrous midfields. This game also gave me my first weak midfield, indicating that buying midfielders with inadequate-solid playmaking and excellent-formidable stamina has been paying off (even if it helped put me over $100,000 in debt).

yndy
04-03-2004, 11:39
I can't copy the match report while HT is down but the bottom line is that I won 2-1 at home after the guests lead from minute 5 to minute 60 with 0-1.

I had two of my key players injured and that was a big dissapointment. The good part was that I got inadequate midfield with PIC in my first game of the season.

Cup round two is against a Div V team which is above me at midfield and comparable for the other stats. It will be a tough match and I'll be lucky if I win.

The league match this weekend is against the team that relegated from V, which I also hope to defeat.

Goodjob for everyone, I see your teams have all improved.

ProPain
04-03-2004, 17:38
quote:209 spectators had come to Snatch United Arena this cloudy day. Snatch started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. They fielded: Morales - Zoetebier, van Eindhoven, Seynaeve - Nisu, Gangemi, Twizt, van Oss, Willems - bin Abu Samah, Nõmmeots.

PP had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Pietrek - Tafro, van Zeeland, Kloppenberg - Duarte, Sörensson, Daemen, Kamperman, Yatip - Beugels, Niezing.

Fueangwich Yatip was dominating his wing and kept sending fine balls into the enemy box - Toon Niezing managed to kick one of them into 0 - 1 in the 4:th minute. In the 30:th minute Snatch was able to score the equalising 1 - 1 goal. Remco Twizt picked up a pass coming in from the right and chipped it past the away teams goalie. Fine winger Paavo Nisu made one of his many passes from the wing into the middle in the 35:th minute. Oskar Nõmmeots went to the air and hit the ball firmly with his forehead for 2 - 1. In the 36:th minute Snatch put themselves up 3 - 1. The visitors defenders lost the ball to Jan-Kees Willems coming up from the left, who proceeded to cooly round the goaltender and knock the ball home. The away team reduced the score to 3 - 2, as Rolf Beugels struck home, set up well by a play from the left in the 37:th minute. Snatchs Kick Seynaeve got himself booked after a foul. PP were forced to a substitution as Peter Sörensson couldn´t continue playing due to the rough treatment, forcing Alan Johnston to come in from the sidelines. 3 - 2 was the half-time score. Snatch held the ball, with a clear 53 percent possession rate.

In the games 55:th minute Snatch´s Silvio Gangemi fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Silvio Gangemi for taking a dive. In the games 66:th minute PP´s Gerko Tafro fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Gerko Tafro for taking a dive. Jan Jacob van Oss received some harsh words from his coach after he acted foolishly, probably out of lack of experience, in the 73rd minute and almost caused an opponent to score. Snatch were given a penalty in the 78:th, neatly put away by Paavo Nisu. 4 - 2 for the home side. PP, bringing the final ball possession rate to 63 percent, dominated the battle.

The most dominating Snatch player was without a doubt Md Ali bin Abu Samah. Oskar Nõmmeots on the other hand, had a terrible day. PP´s best player was Toon Niezing. However, Yuri Kloppenberg made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 4 - 2.

Not playing in the cup, but played a friendly. Lost 4-2, my midfield player injured for 4 weeks. Had to hire a doc. This way even a friendly means losing money :(

# out of 4 starting games this season are home games so that should brighten up the financials. Hoping for lots of sun

Schip
05-03-2004, 14:17
I beat Shabba last wednesday, although the stats say it was close, "scorebordjournalistiek" gives me the clear advantage. Luckily I got a weak midfield, first time. I'm training stamina to get it to inadequate, which must be possible. Any idea when we can start the next CDC cup?

Due to an all-day shower, 308 paying spectators got to see a match on a pitch-turned-bog at Sint Kees Stadion. Shabba had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. They fielded: Aupperlee - Geurden, Ramsaur, Geluk - Leblanc, Decker, de Maat, Romano, de Ruijsscher - Oorburg, Hamers.

Acorazado tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. Lineup: Poffers - van der Klauw, Wijnen, van Haaften - Grube, Geijtenbeek, Ooijer, Hoekstra, Pãcuraru - Merhottein, Ernst.

Acorazado mostly ignored the flanks in favour of attacks in the middle. Shabba tried to break through in the middle repeatedly, but kept getting stuck on the visitors defenders. Shabba were awarded a penalty 10 minutes into the game but Matthijs Hamers produced a poor shot, quite easily saved by Jari Poffers. Acorazado's Johan Ooijer scored 0 - 1 by shooting accurately and hard from a long distance, leaving the opponent goalie no other option than to pick up the ball from the net. Acorazado increased the lead to 0 - 2 as Jason Hoekstra scored from the penalty spot, putting the ball in near the top left corner. After this Acorazado lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts. A well placed corner kick from Jason Hoekstra was followed by Vladimir Pãcuraru´s hard but accurate header. The nice combination meant goal for Acorazado. The result now 0-3. In the 35:th minute Acorazado put themselves up 0 - 4 after an attack from the right, caused by a defensive blunder. Scorer was Theo Ernst. Acorazado´s Frank van Haaften left the field after 40 minutes because of a nasty blow to the shin. His replacement was Frank Kal. In the games 40:th minute Acorazado´s Frank Kal fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Frank Kal for taking a dive. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 4. Shabba held the ball, with a clear 53 percent possession rate.

After 57 minutes Jeremy Oorburg could have reduced had it not been for an excellent block by the visitors keeper Jari Poffers. Erik Merhottein came close to extending the visitors lead as he, completely unmarked in front of the goal, lifted a ball over Pieter Aupperlee, hitting the bar. The referee showed Acorazados Jason Hoekstra the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. After 84 minutes Acorazado´s Erik Merhottein contracted a slight foot injury, but could finish the game. Jason Hoekstra could have added one to the visitors lead if his free kick had gone just a little lower. Shabba´s Matthijs Hamers got the home crowd going when he finished off a left wing charge putting the away teams lead down to 1 - 4. Shabba held the ball, with a clear 55 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Shabba player was without a doubt Yair Romano. Pieter Aupperlee was a disappointment, however. Acorazado´s best player was Noël van der Klauw. However, Paul Grube made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 1 - 4.

Tactic: Normal
Tactic skill: (Unlimited)

Right Side Defence: passable
Central Defence: passable
Left Side Defence: inadequate
Right Side Attack: inadequate
Left Side Attack: passable

Acorazado Fuerte
Team Attitude: Normal
Tactic: Attack in the middle
Tactic skill: excellent

Right Side Defence: inadequate
Right Side Attack: inadequate
Left Side Attack: inadequate

Håkon
06-03-2004, 13:04
English_brit: I've played a friendly against that bloke. I lost 0-7 :)

quote:t Vest-Agder , 5679 punters turned up, and despite threatening clouds at the horizon, no rain came. Vest-Agder had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. Lineup: Jensen - Andersen, Haga, Berntsen, Abrahamsen - Iversen, Langset, Gulden, Pedersen - Gulbrandsen, Jensen .

Dynamo tactics involved an interesting 5-3-2 combination. They fielded: Vold - Mortensen, de Koning, Johansen, Sahlkvist, Hansen - Jensen, Molander, Lupovs - Olafsen, Orenen.

Magnus Molander was the first to reach the corner kick, but his header was saved by the keeper. However, Dynamo´s Tretjaks Lupovs managed to get hold of the rebound and scored the 0-1 goal. Gunnar Pedersen of Vest-Agder received a yellow card in the 35:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. After 37 minutes Asbjørn Berntsen got through on the right and was very close to equalising for the home side, but didn´t get the shot away. Man, what a shot by Jan Jensen ! Firing from 35 yards he didn't give the enemy goalie a chance and it was 1 - 1. Lukas Mortensen of Dynamo received a yellow card in the 40:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. 1 - 1 was the half-time score. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Dynamo, with an impressive 67 percent possession of the ball.

53 minutes into the game Magnus Molander was a hair´s breadth away from giving Dynamo the lead. A prompt block by Klaus Jensen saved the home team that time. Johan Langset of Vest-Agder received a yellow card in the 76:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. This was a good period for the visitors with several opportunities to take the lead, in particular when Lukas Mortensen slipped through the defense to come up alone with Klaus Jensen - but the home side´s keeper showed some lightning reflex Stefan Orenen gave the visitors the lead in the 89:th minute with 1 - 2. The goal was scored from the penalty spot after a handball call in the penalty area. The game had been on for 89 minutes when Stefan Orenen broke through to the right, upping the score to the home crowd´s dismay. Dynamo´s were up 1 - 3. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Dynamo, with an impressive 78 percent possession of the ball.

The most dominating Vest-Agder player was without a doubt Klaus Jensen. However, Sigurd Gulden made a disastrous appearance. Most important Dynamo player was Svein Johansen. Tretjaks Lupovs on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 1 - 3.

Vest-Agder IF

Midfield: wretched
Right Side Defence: inadequate
Right Side Attack: weak
Central Attack: poor
Left Side Attack: weak

Dynamo Morpork
Team Attitude: Normal

Midfield: poor
Right Side Defence: passable
Central Defence: excellent
Right Side Attack: poor
Central Attack: inadequate
Left Side Attack: poor

First match...and what drama...add to that that I played my standard formation, which is quite bad atm.

I'm going out in the second round, the team I'm meeting have excellent ratings all over and weak midfield - I can't scrap training in the cup, so that's a safe PIC and 0-6 loss :)

Melifluous
06-03-2004, 13:59
Excellent advice Hakon. [goodjob]

There you go English_Brit PIC and play a complete reserve team, save your first team for the league ;)

Melilfuous

English_brit
07-03-2004, 14:11
Pretty spooky that u've played him in a friendly before. lol

yndy
10-03-2004, 14:00
quote:Weather conditions were fairly good for football, and Sticla T-veni Arena saw a crowd turnout of 21196. Sticla had chosen a strategic 3-4-3 formation. They fielded: Abolafio Martíne - Spiridon, Albescu, Rãdulescu - Pahontu, Roland Olsen, Gheorghe, Turcu - Stern, Bos, Åhltorp.

Phanters had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. They fielded: Andjelkovic - Bartecki, Turcea, Florea - Popescu, Mansdorf, Kalmár, Balint, Tuzar - Komljenoviè, Virjonen.

It was an obvious ambition of Phanters to attack on the flanks. Sticla could have put themselves ahead in the 22nd minute as Nik Bos missed a volley shot on a ball coming in from the right. Sticla tried to break through in the middle repeatedly, but kept getting stuck on the visitors defenders. Halftime score was 0 - 0. Sticla held the ball, with a clear 54 percent possession rate.

Sticla were very close to putting themselves one up in the 70:th minute as Laurentiu Albescu got through, but failing in concentration, he shot the ball wide. Kristian Åhltorp gave his Sticla the lead with 1 - 0, as he successfully challenged both the guests central defenders, then placed the ball unreachably at the goaltenders right post. In the games 82nd minute Sticla´s Laurentiu Albescu head butted an opponent nastily and so the referee sent him off immediately. Sticla held the ball, with a clear 52 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Sticla player was without a doubt Dumitru Gheorghe. Cãtãlin Rãdulescu was a disappointment, however. Most important Phanters player was Shaked Mansdorf. Rafal Bartecki on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 1 - 0.
On to round three, where I will meet a team in Division III. It's time to dust off the secret 'I have no chance but I've got to try it' schemes.

Shabbaman
10-03-2004, 20:50
Lost my friendly v.s. cruise, 0-1. Heh. Who wants to play a friendly next week? Preferrably international.

ProPain
10-03-2004, 21:48
quote:Date: 10-03-2004 at 17:30
MatchID: 17451098
Arena: Klinsies Arena
Crowd: 232

Overcast weather free of rain made for a crowd turnout of 232 at Klinsies Arena today. Klinsies tactics involved an interesting 2-5-3 combination. Lineup: Boelen - Baatje, Otten - Boekema, van der Heijden, Engelgeer, Bijlsma, Lodewijks - ter Laak, Drummen, Ben Salah.

PP had chosen a strategic 5-4-1 formation. They fielded: Chalbinski - van Zeeland, van Bommel, Kamperman, Boote, Duarte - Yatip, Drent, Daemen, Johnston - Niezing.

Klinsies were mostly trying to use the flanks for their attacks. Counter-attacking seemed to be the preferred strategy of PP. The home side put themselves ahead 1 - 0 in the 10:th by a breakthrough from Casper Ben Salah, who unaided came in out of the right wing hooking the ball over the visitors keeper. With 15 minutes played Gysbert Engelgeer could have brought this one home for Klinsies, had his hooked ball gone in, but it went just a bit too high. Klinsies seemed to suffer a certain amount of confusion about the organization of the team. Alan Johnston was dominating his wing and kept sending fine balls into the enemy box - Toon Niezing managed to kick one of them into 1 - 1 in the 33rd minute. A mistake by the home sides central defence in the 35:th minute allowed Mike Kamperman to score 1 - 2 for PP. PP appeared unsure on how to play. 1 - 2 was the half-time score. PP held the ball, with a clear 54 percent possession rate.

The Klinsies players spent the half-time break getting a rerun of the teams tactical organization. PP -coach had an extra briefing during the break, and after that his players looked a lot more organized. Klinsies had obvious problems in finding their positions. After the ball got lifted in from the left Mike Kamperman was on his own in the home side´s penalty area 62 minutes into the game, and should have scored, but missed, probably due to lack of concentration. Eef van der Heijden of Klinsies received a yellow card in the 66:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. A corner kick created great disorder in the penalty area, but at last Klinsies´s Eef van der Heijden was able to shove the ball in. 2-2. PP´s Toon Niezing gave the visitors a 2 - 3 lead in the 80:th minute with a superb strike from the right. Mike Kamperman increased the visitors lead by putting a volley shot away on a pass from the right. 2 - 4. PP seemed to suffer a certain amount of confusion about the organization of the team. PP increased the lead to 2 - 5 as Iwan Daemen scored from the penalty spot, putting the ball in near the top left corner. In the game's 87:th minute Klinsies´s Casper Ben Salah limped slightly after a late challenge, but he was able to continue. PP, bringing the final ball possession rate to 70 percent, dominated the battle.

Most important Klinsies player was Teun Drummen. Gysbert Engelgeer on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating PP player was without a doubt Toon Niezing. However, Stu Duarte made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 2 - 5.

Won 2-5 most of my goals end of second halve. My guess is my opponent has crappy stamina. My star forward is doing well scoring 5 goals in the last 2 matches.

Most funny line of the match is lost in translations. In the dutch match report is spoken of ' a great crowd turnout of 232 because wether predictions where good' Yeah right, 232 a great crowd. The howling wind made most noise in the Klinsies arena tonight.

Bootstoots
11-03-2004, 01:57
quote:
16246 spectators arrived at The Yellow Boot, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Yellow tactics involved an interesting 4-4-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Åhnmo - Dias, Hawkins, Knott, Harley - Borgstedt, Alden, Leu, Cody - Tomlin, Burney.

Kix tactics involved an interesting 4-5-1 combination. Lineup: Plunkett - Iglesias, Cabellos Espierr, Ivanovs, Huggins - Graham, Omszala, Kramer, Rosander, Rogersson - bin Husin.

It was obvious that Yellow were using pressing as their primary tactic. Genadijs Ivanovs sailed high, high above the opponents as he headed the 0-1 in after a corner kick after 7 minutes of play. Kix came close to extending their lead as Emil Omszala delivered a long range shot from the right but the angle was too sharp, and the shot hit the side of the goal. Yellow were able to press their opponents, causing the game to be a bit of a stalemate at times. Kixs Gregory Kramer got himself booked after a foul. In the game's 43rd minute Kix´s Ahmad Yunus bin Husin limped slightly after a late challenge, but he was able to continue. At this time in the match, Yellow were using their skills at the press to successfully put pressure on their opponents. 44 minutes into the game Kix were awarded a penalty and Ahmad Yunus bin Husin was able to increase the visitors lead to 0 - 2 rolling the ball in by the right post. Halftime score was 0 - 2. Kix, bringing the final ball possession rate to 52 percent, dominated the battle.

The home side attempted to get through in the middle and had a good chance of pulling one back as Theodore Burney tried lifting the ball over goalie Des Plunkett. Typically, the ball went just over the bar. In the 60:th minute Luther Harley passed through the guests central line of defense, scoring the 1 - 2 goal. The referee showed Kixs Gregory Huggins the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Luther Harley had a hard, curved free kick in the 68:th minute that would have paid off, had it gone just a little lower. John Alden was just a finger´s breadth away from an equaliser for Yellow, but Des Plunkett managed to ward the closing shot off for a corner. Yellow held the ball, with a clear 63 percent possession rate.

Yellow´s best player was Billie Tomlin. Bubba Dias was a disappointment, however. The most dominating Kix player was without a doubt Pablo Iglesias. Gregory Huggins on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 1 - 2.
My Cup run ends after two games, but I gave a division IV team a run for its money in this match. I was using PIC and a 4-4-2 formation with pressing and still had a weak midfield that achieved a 63% possession rate against them in the second half, plus I had three missed goal opportunities. I think that if I had played this one like a normal match, I would have probably won (but I'd have been blown out of the water in round 3). Also, I had no cards or injuries to report on, and sponsor and supporter moods haven't been affected at all. All in all, a very good match for me, despite the fact that I lost.

yndy
18-03-2004, 07:06
Bye bye Cupa Romaniei for me. I had a tough game and my hopes to get lucky vanished in the second half. All in all in the cup round and the match at home last week I got most of the money I used to enlarge my arena at the beginning of the season. I could not believe how lucky I was to guess the right number of seats I needed. My arena has 30,000 seats and yesterday I had 29,790 punters.

The result 0-3 for the other team.

Shabbaman
18-03-2004, 08:30
What a pity Yndy! But at least you got a big revenue...

quote:1777 spectators had come to Sint Kees Stadion this cloudy day. Shabba tactics involved an interesting 3-4-3 combination. Lineup: Severing - van Beusichem, de Bruyne, Goulmy - Tielens, van Dijken, Kamphuis, ten Cate - Notebaart, van der Staay, Roodenburg.

Manglers tactics involved an interesting 4-4-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Williams - Smith, Verspoor, Cheesman, Sangha - Stapley, Turner, Rouvé, Duff - Mason, Hunt.

Shabba took the lead by 1 - 0 after a penalty in the 2nd minute. Ron de Bruyne scored from the penalty spot. Shabba put themselves up 2 - 0 when Thomas Roodenburg broke through on the right, leaving the entire defensive box behind him. A well placed corner kick from Kennedy Mason was followed by Dinadhisa Sangha´s hard but accurate header. The nice combination meant goal for Manglers. The result now 2-1. After 19 minutes Rogier van der Staay put Shabba ahead 3 - 1 as he rose to head in a hooked ball, the result of an effort from the right side. The teams went for a half-time break at 3 - 1. Shabba, bringing the final ball possession rate to 71 percent, dominated the battle.

A bit later, a magnificent combination in the middle resulted in Shabba´s Timmy Goulmy putting the lead up to 4 - 1. The structure of the game started to change as Shabba decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. Shabba appeared unsure on how to play. Shabba seemed to suffer a certain amount of confusion about the organization of the team. Rogier van der Staay should probably have put his team up another goal in the 76:th minute, but some great goaltending by Nicky Williams kept the visitors in the game. Shabba´s Ramon Kamphuis had an excellent opportunity in the 76:th minute, shooting on a through ball, but he missed the goal by miles! Shabba, bringing the final ball possession rate to 75 percent, dominated the battle.

The most dominating Shabba player was without a doubt Ramon Kamphuis. However, Rogier van der Staay made a disastrous appearance. The most dominating Manglers player was without a doubt Boris Smith. Steve Hunt was a disappointment, however. The match ends 4 - 1.

So I mangled Meli. A return next week? Or does anyone else want to play an international friendly?

Melifluous
18-03-2004, 09:46
I would love a rematch at my place Shabba...

Melifluous

Shabbaman
18-03-2004, 09:55
As long as I get that VIP treatment by the K3 crew.

yndy
18-03-2004, 11:58
Is there anyone else still in the National Cup (Hakon?) Do you have any long term commitments?

Because I would like to start talking about the second edition of the CDZ Cup which could start in April.

Håkon
18-03-2004, 16:58
Got knocked out with 0-6 in the second round.

Can't be bothered to change language just to post the match report ;).

Question about the CDZ Cup - do you have to play a match every week?

Bootstoots
19-03-2004, 02:33
I won a friendly 3-1, my second ever friendly win. I just bought an Estonian keeper as a keeper trainee for $338,000 (putting me in a significant amount of debt) and he made his debut in that game. I have entered into a friendly cup and my first match is next week, against a Slovenian team. I probably won't be able to play in the CDZ cup this season, though if I do really badly in the first few games I might forfeit the rest of them and play in the CDZ cup.

Schip
19-03-2004, 12:03
my 2-2 draw against PP makes me eager to start the next CDZ-cup episode. No commitments on my site!

yndy
19-03-2004, 12:50
quote:Originally posted by Håkon
Question about the CDZ Cup - do you have to play a match every week?

Yes. It may be that we end up with one or two teams having to wait every week due to odd number of players.