PDA

View Full Version : PBEM game wanted!

rflet86
02-03-2004, 23:25
hey guys, I want to start a PBEM game, willing to take as many as 8 players, and as few as 1! so send me a PM with your name, civ name, and pass, along with e-mail and I'll put you into the game once we have agreed here to start it... also for those of you looking for direct ip partners, send me a pm, I'm all for IP games.. (i just cant get gamespy to work)

NOTE! I only have version 1.15 of conquests.. so sorry PTW players, but i lost my PTW cd! :(

ProPain
03-03-2004, 12:18
Welcome to CDZ rflet. I' d recommend you include the desired difficulty level (and map settings if you have any prefs on them) in your post.

CivGeneral
01-04-2004, 02:56
I am currently playing on Monarch Level. I am mainly interested in PBEM.

anarres
01-04-2004, 10:35
CivG, I would rather you not enter any ladder games, since every game you have been in you have abandoned.

If someone will give you another chance, and if you manage to actually finish a game then you can enter ladder matches again.

Please don't play people who are new to the forum, they deserve to play somone who isn't known for quitting games.

anarres
01-04-2004, 10:38
Hi rflet86!

Games with several players are notoriously hard to keep going, and can be very slow in progressing through the turns. For this reason I recommend you try some 1-on-1's, where a good opponent and you can play at the speed you desire.

If you can state your 'preferred' difficulty (i.e. a level you can consistantly win at in Single Player), and also your availability then you will get the best match. If you are lucky you will find someone with an hour or two to spare a day at the same time as you - then you can really get the turns flying. :)

ProPain
01-04-2004, 11:57
CivG, I totally agree with anarres. Your reputation around here is not a good one where finishing games is concerned. As you've abandoned your games twice, ladder rules have you on a 6 months ladder game probation, so games you start won't count for the ladder.

Like anarres I'd rather not see you play new people because having your first game abandoned usually isn't very motivating. And I'd hate seeing people lost for CDZ because of someones lack of planning skills.

However, I'm willing to give you a final chance: You can play against me. Just tell me what level/settings you prefer. If you want monarch, I''m willing to grant you 2 settlers as I usually play higher levels. Game will not count for the ladder but will give you a chance to redeem yourself.

The ladder admin.