PDA

View Full Version : victory point, what about them

Arghis
02-03-2004, 08:00
for you what is taken into account for the vic point ?

Exploring area, building units, discovering scientific advances, connecting ressources, population total, treasury, cultural value, and what else ?

[???]

ProPain
02-03-2004, 10:11
Never tried vic point play, havent got a clue.

Beam
02-03-2004, 10:27
Iirc:
- Occupied victory point locations
- Wonders build
- Tech advances
- Defeated enemy units
- Conquests won (enemy cities I believe)

So it has nothing to do with exploring area, building units, connecting resources, treasury, cultural value.

Arghis
03-03-2004, 20:40
Oh Thx beam for the answer, but it's not that kind of victory point which i was thinking. my question was wrongly written.

It's the point you see when you make a PBEM game (or any multiplayer in fact) at the top of your screen.

For instance, in a game i'm playing, i was confused by one course of event. At turn X (early stage of the game), i had (for example) 76 pts, and my adversary has 80 pts. Next turn, i have one more pt, and he still have the same amount (so it's 77 vs 80). Next turn, i still gain one point, and him nothing (so it gaves 78 vs 80). Last turn, i gain another point, and he stay at the same level (so it's 79 vs 80 pt).

The problem is that i haven't done particularly important thing during those turns. one worker is farming, one warrior is scouting, essentially.

So i think that exploring could be an important part but i'm really not sure of this.

N.b. : i've read once that the more you explore, the more you can generate barbarians risings / popping. Do you agree with this ?

so that's why

Shabbaman
04-03-2004, 09:47
Isn't that just the "score"? It's pretty irrelevant anyway, I'd say.