PDA

View Full Version : The Brazilians

CivArmy s. 1994
01-03-2004, 17:06
I’m launching my first Civ, the Brazilians, available on 1.0 version. There are some files containing all the stuffs, they are all in this forum, they have animated leaderhead for 04 different eras, civilopedia (Civ, leader and Unique Unit) and icons for Lula. You can use The Brazilians in Vanilla, PTW and C3C version, you find the necessary stuffs for these 03 version in the files below. My UU Embraer Tucano is ready, it uses the same characteristics of Fighter airplane, just changing the costs to 60, instead 80.
If someone found any problem, please, post. Suggestions are also welcome.
These characteristics were defined to my Civ:

Civ Name: The Brazilians.
Bonuses: Religious and Agricultural (C3C) or Religious and Commercial (Vanilla and PTW).
Title and Leader Name: Companheiro Lula.
Favorite and Shunned Government: Republic and Feudalism (C3C) or Republic and Monarchy (Vanilla and PTW).
Aggression Level: 03 (moderate).
Culture Group: American.
Noun: Brazilians.
Adjective: Brazilian.
Default and Alternative colors: Yellow (the same of the Egyptians) and Blue (the same of the Germans).
Unique Unit: Embraer Tucano (replace Fighter, it costs 60 shields, no more 80).
Civilopedia entry: RACE_BRAZILIANS

Military Leaders:
Duque de Caxias
Teodoro da Fonseca
Floriano Peixoto
Zulu
Dom Pedro I
Dom Pedro II
Getúlio Vargas
Prestes Maia

Scientific Leaders:
Santos Dummond
Vital Brasil
Herculano Florence
Machado de Assis
Princesa Isabel
Fernando Henrique Cardoso
Marques de Pombal
Padre Roberto Landell de Moura
Juscelino Kubitschek
Padre Anchieta
Oswaldo Cruz
Sérgio Buarque de Holanda
Freyre

City Names:
Brasília
São Paulo
Rio de Janeiro
Belo Horizonte
Salvador
Porto Alegre
Fortaleza
Recife
Curitiba
Campinas
Goiânia
Belém
Manaus
São Luiz
Guarulhos
Santos
Santo André
São Bernardo do Campo
Osasco
Barueri
São José dos Campos
Vitória
Campo Grande
Florianópolis
Cuiabá
Natal
Maceió
João Pessoa
Teresina
Aracajú
Palmas
Rio Branco
Macapá
Porto Velho
Boa Vista
Sorocaba
Ribeirão Preto
Bauru
Presidente Prudente
Jundiaí
Piracicaba
São Carlos
Araçatuba
São José do Rio Preto
Niterói
São Gonçalo
Campos
Petrópolis
Uberlândia
Uberaba
Betim
Juiz de Fora
Londrina
Maringá
Caxias do Sul
Gramado
Pelotas
Camboriú
Blumenau
Olinda
Campina Grande
Porto Seguro
Juazeiro
Petrolina
Santarém
São Caetano do Sul
Diadema
Limeira
Taubaté
São Sebastião
Jacareí
Mogi das Cruzes
Rio Claro
Americana
Paulínia
Jaguariúna
Vinhedo
Indaiatuba
Itu
Franca
Araraquara
Barretos
Botucatu
Barra Bonita

Civilopedia, the Brazilians:

The mix of the European, African, Native American and Asiatic cultures results in the Brazilian Civilization. It has started in XV century, when the pioneer sailors coming from Portugal arrived in nowadays Brazilian territory.
These lands were inhabitant by native Indian races, as the Tupis, Jês, Karibs and Aruaks, that were killed by the superior European armies. The survivors were slaved or get married with your new masters. First, have arrived the Portugueses, to explore the unique wood Pau-Brasil (here born the name Brazil) and plant crops, after them, arrived the French, English, Dutch, Spanish and other nations, to pirate and conquest new lands.
Too many wars were fought in this Portuguese colony, because it had natural resources and a good soil to agriculture. These wars happened between Portugal, rival nations and striker’s inhabitants of colony. The economical activities had some cycles, as the wood, sugar, exotic plants, gold and cafe, they always have ruled all others activities in Brazil. In the cycle of sugar, exampling, the northeaster coast, mainly area of this activities, rules all the life in colony, when the sugar fallen down and the gold cycle rises, the southeaster turned its economical, political and cultural heart.
One way used by the Portugueses to heat their economic in Brazil was the slave work. Africans were slaved in their continent, to work in the crops and mines in colony. They came mainly from nowadays Mozambique and Angola, former Portuguese colony in south of Africa. The slavery was abolished just in XIX century, creating too many chances to poor Europeans and Asiatics that dreamed of a better life. So, people from Italy, Japan, Middle East, Korea, more Portugueses, Spanish and other ones arrived in the country.
Brazil gets its political independence in 1822, when Dom Pedro I, A PORTUGUESE PRINCE, declared Brazil and Portugal two separated kingdoms. He did that for his clan continues ruling both countries. When his father died, Dom Pedro I went back to Portugal to take over the royal seat, his son, Dom Pedro II, continued rules Brazil. The Imperator just fell down when the Republic was declared in 1889. This Republican Time continues today, but had stopped in two periods: to 1930 until 1945, when the popular farmer Getúlio Vargas had his bloodily dictatorship and to 1964 until 1986, when the Army took over the country, supported by United States of America government, saying that URSS had a plan to invade Brazilian boarders.
Brazil today has one of the 15th biggest PNB of the entire world and has good previsions to the future, in spite of the constant crises: agribusiness, commerce, factories and tourism grew up faster in the XX century, the biggest tax of the Occidental World, bigger then the American ones. The natural resources, as potable water, are abundance in the raining forests, attracting International interests. The worst problem of the country is the division of the generated rent, resulting in favelas (shantytowns), urban violence, landless people, starving and diseases. Because this problem and its consequences, people say that Brazil is a sleeping giant.
The great leader of the Brazilians in Civilization 3 game is Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva, the Companheiro Lula (expression used by workers of industries that means "fellow"), former labor leader in the past, actual President of the country (2.003 to 2.006), elected by voting. Lula has ample popular support and fight against the bad situation of the majority population. After elected President, he starts an External Relationship plan between Brazil and other poor countries to combat together their common problems and the aggressive economical politics of the rich nations, turning a national and international stronger leader.
In Civilizaton 3 Conquests, the Brazilians are considered Religious (the country has the biggest concentration of the Christian people around the Planet) and Agricultural (agriculture and extractives are important activities in the history of the nation). In the Vanilla and Play the World version, they are Religious and Commercial.

Civilopedia, Embraer Tucano (UU):

Embraer Tucano is the result of a national project started in 1978, to replace the older war airplane of the Brazilian Air Force (FAB). Tucanos are building by Embraer, one of the biggest enterprises of the entire world that build commercial and militaristic airplanes. The recently versions of Tucano are the best planes that use helix ever done, they are easily to be built and have bigger sphere of action then another one. Some countries bought this project, as England, France, Iraq, Argentina and Venezuela. Tucano is the best Brazilian military project ever done.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/CivArmy s. 1994/200431165125_lula - eras02.jpg
78.27KB

ProPain
01-03-2004, 17:39
Is it me, or are the files missing?

And welcome to CDZ CivArmy s 1994!

CivArmy s. 1994
01-03-2004, 18:20
I tryed upload the files, but appeared a error msg. I'll try later.

regards!

Daniel.

Skyfish
01-03-2004, 20:17
[lol]
Great stuff ! Lula leader of the Brazilians ! Perfect choice !

ProPain
01-03-2004, 21:23
I think that has to do with file extensions. Only a limited set of extensions are allowed for upload. You can ask anarres to extend the allowed extensions list as he knows where to find that and I dont, so anarres can do it much quicker :D

YOu can also mail those files to me and I'll upload them for you with ftp.

PP

CivArmy s. 1994
02-03-2004, 01:03
ProPain, tell me yuor e-mail address (you can use private msg if you want), so I can send you the files. There is 03 megabytes, okay?

Thanks!

anarres
02-03-2004, 10:14
You can just tell is the file extansions if you want and we can add them to the upload...