PDA

View Full Version : How are things for the new season?

Shabbaman
27-02-2004, 09:07
I'm training stamina now, and it does wonders for my team. As expected, form goes down, but that is fully compensated by an increase of stamina. If I had done this last season... Unfortunately, my best midfielder is injured, so he isn't improving.

I'm not looking forward to next season. There's little chance I can avoid relegation. But then again, I'm not on a short term plan... I just improved my stadium, and halfway this season I'm supposed to get out of debt again. Then I raise my youth team expenses to 20k (now on 10k) and get me another trainer. I'll be training on passing this season I guess, unless I get some better youngsters. Playmaking didn't really pay off. I do want to get back to that later, but my forwards suck, so they need training as well.

Oh, I won a friendly of a V-league team wednesday, 0-3 :D

ProPain
27-02-2004, 10:17
quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

I'm training stamina now, and it does wonders for my team. As expected, form goes down, but that is fully compensated by an increase of stamina. If I had done this last season... Unfortunately, my best midfielder is injured, so he isn't improving.

I'm under the impression that playing isn't really necessary for improving. My best forward didn't play because I forgot to adjust the line up, he did improve his stamina however. All my players have good stamina or better now, form loss is minimal and can be disregarded when you see the huge increase in stamina.

The increase in stamina resulted in my midfield rating going up from wretched to poor and much better 2nd halve performance.

Shabbaman
27-02-2004, 10:24
All players train stamina, even those that didn't play. Correct.

Melifluous
27-02-2004, 11:51
quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

All players train stamina, even those that didn't play. Correct.

OK how about if you are just training general?

I've just played a friendly and one of the Subs in that game (he didnt come on and play) increased in Form?

Is this right?

Melifluous

Shabbaman
27-02-2004, 12:25
"General" increases form, and is trained to all the players who've played a match that week. I've just switched to form, so that my players might increase their form next friday, just before the first match of the new season.

Unsubstituted substitutes haven't played, so it isn't logical that he had a form increase. However, form changes are somewhat random, so it might me a coincidence. I had a form increase with a player that hadn't played at all, whilst training on stamina!
Aside from that, all training has some influence on the "untrained" players. Both my coach and substitute goalkeeper had a skill increase in playmaking.

Bootstoots
28-02-2004, 21:02
I bought a couple of midfielders with excellent-formidable stamina, so I haven't bothered with stamina training. I trained General last week and I'm training set pieces this week, and I'll go back to goalie training when the season starts. BTW, I'm in the USA national cup, and my opponent in round 1 is a bot team.

yndy
01-03-2004, 07:19
I also trained stamina last week and had overall +16 at stamina and -12 at form. Still, average form is around passable so I'm happy with that.

Unless particular circumstances I would advise against training general. Also passing training is pretty tricky, Shabba, from which level to which are you training passing?

Training really starts to pay off if you sell the players at skill excellent or higher. I'm training forwards and it seems I have to sell players at outstanding level to get the most of my training. It means that I need to wait another season and a half untill I can sell my trainees. I actually had to sell three of them to survive but I also bought another one when times were good.

Shabbaman
01-03-2004, 08:43
I know... But my youth academy is still only passable, and if even one of my players reach "solid" status in any skill, I'm the happiest man in the world (ok, I've got two or three of those, but I didn't train them...).

Generally speaking, I'm broke.

English_brit
01-03-2004, 23:15
I'm looking forward to my 2nd season. I missed out on promotion to Level 5 by 1 point last year and was the only team to have beaten the league winners, so I'm optimistic about this season.

I checked the relegated teams players from Div 5 and I'm confident my teams better.

My youth setup has been on passable for a while now so I'm hoping to be up to solid not long in to the season and then hopefully excellent before the end of the season.

Just expanded my stadium to 28,000+ and although currently just over 0 on current funds I'm expecting to make a nice amount from selling a couple of keepers I recently promoted to the team. One I got when my youth system was only inadequate and he was worth 186k and passable so I'll be switching to gk training for a week or 2 to get him to solid. :)

I don't intend to buy any players this season. Any players I add to my team will be through the youth setup. My aim is to get promoted and make as much money through selling trained players etc as I can. Then if I achieve promotion then I'll decide if I need to reinforce my starting lineup. :)

I'm away in the first round of the Cup to a team that finished 2nd in Division 6 like myself but I think my teams stronger so hopefully I'll get thru. I could do with a nice little run in the Cup to boost funds.

Fingers crossed. lol

yndy
02-03-2004, 09:22
Sounds a lot similar to my situation brit. Only that I will have troubles to promote this season and I'm not going to sell all my trainees yet.

Good luck !

English_brit
02-03-2004, 17:48
Thanks. Good luck to you aswell. :)

I just looked at my fixtures and I've got the team that got relegated from Div 5 away from home first. I'm really happy as I want to take them on early in the season, away from home as I haven't been impressed by their tactics up until now so hopefully I can win.

Håkon
03-03-2004, 16:23
Things are looking ok-ish. Got a couple of formidable defenders that might get up to outstanding this season, plus some other trainees. Building out the arena to 32,000, which is going to put me in temporary debt, but because I have a league match at home I should be able to recover that. Sacked quite a lot of the squad to get my wage costs down. On the results side, however, it'll be hard to avoid qualification. 5-3-2 tactics kills, even with 3 IMs, and my forwards are in crap form as well atm.

English_brit
03-03-2004, 17:17
What do you mean when you say 5-3-2 kills?

Håkon
06-03-2004, 12:57
quote:Originally posted by English_brit

What do you mean when you say 5-3-2 kills?

With 5-3-2, I have to sacrifice either the wing attacks and play 2 or 3 IMs, or the midfield to get good wing attacks. Midfield, and to a lesser degree attack, are the two most important parts of HT. Add to that that my keeper is beyond crap (2*), and my points sum goes down very quickly...

English_brit
07-03-2004, 14:13
Thanks. I see what you mean. :)