PDA

View Full Version : ERIKK vs. Markstar - Spoiler

Markstar
22-02-2004, 15:12
Yet another game in PTW. Even though Conquests is an option now, I just don't feel ready yet.

This is how things look like at 3100BC:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/2004222135730_3100BC.jpg
169*KB

I just met the Celts, they have The Wheel and Warrior Code, while I don't have anything to offer. [sad] And since I Carthage has Masonry and Alphabet, but no Ceremonial Burrial, my chances of being able to trade seem pretty slim, since they won't give me anything for CB, of course. :(
Finished building my granary this turn, so the settling shall soon begin. I'm still not really sure where my cities should go. Killler talked about RCP. I've never used it and don't really know if I'm ready for it (as I do believe that a better city placement can make up for a lot), but I think this would be the right time to do it.

Here a close-up of my starting area:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/200422214352_3100BC b.jpg
101.4*KB

As you can see there is not much bonus stuff around. My first cities will be near the ivory and the wines, then I think I'll try and go for the plains next to the flood plain and the cattle. Other than that I'm not sure yet. Hopefully I'll survive that long.

Markstar
24-02-2004, 16:14
After my first 3 or 4 huts were deserted, I already gave up hope. The last two were better, giving me Masonry and then even a free city. Too bad it's in the devil's layer. Chances are I'll lose it sooner or later.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/2004224145611_2270BCb.jpg
87.89KB

2270BC: Developed 'The Wheel' and built my 2nd settler in Salamanca. [party] I'll use it to secure the wine, after I'll have to see how things go.

Here is the current map and some city locations that I'm thinking about. They are not really in the RCP spirit, but I'm not sure about that whole thing.
Lt. Killer says a must do (if I understood him correctly) - are there any other opinions out there? (it was 1.5 for straight directions, and 1 for moves like NE, SW, etc, right?)

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/200422415733_2270BCa.jpg
129.21KB

BTW, I also finished a second granary in Niagra Falls. Due to the lack of nice bonus resources (like cows on grassland), I thought it was a good idea to further speed up my expansion. [mwaha]

Skyfish
24-02-2004, 16:46
Its already too late for RCP. You have one city at distance 2 (much too close) and one city at distance 4.
And spot 9 on you dot map is at distance 3 :D

You should really settler-abandon that free city you got, and bring the settler back...forget that temple [crazyeyes]

Skyfish
24-02-2004, 16:46
[stoned]

Markstar
24-02-2004, 17:13
quote:Originally posted by Skyfish

You should really settler-abandon that free city you got, and bring the settler back...forget that temple [crazyeyes]
Settler-abandon [eek] That works? Won't the city simply get destroyed? [confused]

Socrates
24-02-2004, 19:30
I want to add my 2 cents here.

First I think your first 2 cities are too close to each other. I can see that they can both use at least 12 tiles without overlapping if no other city interferes, and it seems this is a game where you'll hardly go through the Middle Ages. But Niagara Falls is on a rather poor location, and it doesn't have a real choice of good tiles to use. If Salamanca was your starting tile, I would definitely have gone for those 2 cattle plains with a coastal position. Or if I hadn't seen it immediately, I would have made it a high priority.

About that free city... When I was young (not far from now !! :D ), I was considering such cities a gift from the gods. But now I understand such locations are really useless... well there is a nice way to make good use of it : if you don't think you can bring the settler back home, then why not pumping some warriors or archers out of it, just to do some funny damage to the Celts ? The city is doomed anyway, but it could be useful for a little while.

Markstar
24-02-2004, 19:44
OMG!!! I just realized what settler-abandon means. I tried it out in a test game, all you need is a size 2 city!!! [eek] [wallbash]
How did I never think of that, especially since it's a well-known thing in the earlier Civs!!! [aargh] [wallbash]

Just to think what this might have done to my HOFs!!! [wallbash] [wallbash]

And to make matters worse, I found out AFTER I sent Erikk the new turn and of course I had no clue what Skyfish was talking about, so I did do the temple-rush thing. :( [wallbash]

But I think I'll abandon the city anyways asap. There are far better locations which I might even be able to protect...[saiyan] [wallbash]

Oh, in case you're wondering what I'm doing at home right now...
[wallbash] [wallbash] [wallbash] [wallbash] [wallbash] [wallbash] [wallbash] [wallbash] [wallbash] [wallbash] [wallbash] [wallbash] [wallbash] [wallbash] [wallbash] [wallbash] [wallbash] [wallbash] [wallbash] [wallbash] [wallbash] [wallbash] [wallbash] [wallbash] [wallbash] [wallbash] [wallbash] [wallbash] [wallbash] [wallbash] [wallbash] [wallbash] [wallbash] [wallbash] [wallbash] [wallbash] [wallbash] [wallbash] [wallbash] [wallbash] [wallbash] [wallbash] [wallbash] [wallbash] [wallbash] [wallbash]

Markstar
24-02-2004, 20:16
[mischief] Not all is lost, seems I got a little ahead of me. Turns out I had not yet rushed the temple, so I can do the abandon-thing right away. ...and I was sure I rushed it, especially since I had just played that turn... [drunk]

Anyways, I'm thinking about building a city on top of the horses. That should keep the RCP in order, right? From what I can tell I have cities at 2, 4 and 6 'RCP-points' away from my capital. That shouldn't be too bad.

@kryszcztov: The 2 cattle are tempting, but there is no river so I'm not so sure it's really such a 'must-have' spot. In my opinion there are other spots with a higher priority.

anarres
24-02-2004, 20:30
The best way to take advantage of RCP is with only 2 rings. If you have 4 in the inner ring then all the inner ring cities will have city rank 1, and all the outer ring cities will have rank 5.

With 3 rings you will have a much reduced version of RCP, I seriously advice against it if you are aiming for RCP.

Markstar
24-02-2004, 23:49
Grrr, I don't really trust this whole RCP thing.

I don't really know what to do. I think I'll forget about RCP and just put the cities all over the place. [crazyeye] I have 'two and a half' coasts pretty close next to me, so there practically is no good two-ring strategy and if there is, I don't think I'm experienced enough in RCP to get it right. I might as well do it as I've always done and see how it turns out.

digger760
25-02-2004, 11:41
Thats the spirit, play the game it was meant to be
played

anarres
25-02-2004, 14:36
This is one reason why I prefer Conquests now, it removes all benifit of RCP.

Markstar
27-02-2004, 07:23
Just a quick update, this is how it looks right now:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/200422761537_1725BC.jpg
102.68KB

Nothing much has happened, right now I'm trying to 'catch up' on some techs. I have the feeling I'm WAY behind. [cry]

I relocated my city, didn't make it all the way through since I had a little encounter that freaked me out. [eek]

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/200422762046_1750BC.jpg
13.03KB

But that ought to work, I have a spearman and a MW on their way. Other than that I'm still expanding for a little while longer before I start building up my military. [tank]

Markstar
28-02-2004, 01:09
Uhh, thinks are not looking good at all right now. It seems like the AI and ERIKK are in MA, while I'm not even close! This did not at all go well for me, as I wasn't able to trade any techs until very recently, when I asked for Literature and they wanted my map, all my gold (46) and 5 gpt. Since I'm on The Republic right now, I didn't take it.
Talking to ERIKK it seems he was able to make quite some deals. [mad]

Here are the screenshots that document my misery... [cry]

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/2004228006_1075BC.jpg
258.56KB

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/2004228034_1075BCb.jpg
71.39KB

I guess my only chance is now to get Carthage, trigger GA and hope they gift me enough techs before ERIKK comes with Knights while I'm not even at MA. [eek]
I don't think I can afford to wait for the GA until I have republic, things have to happen soon now...

Markstar
11-03-2004, 09:50
A lot has happened recently. My computer(s) are still messed up, I'm tired of reinstalling everything every 2 days, so right now I'm running Civ from my laptop until I find a new motherboard on eBay. :(

I'll just give you the headlines because I simply don't have the time right now to be as thourough as I'd like to be:

Korea demanded something, I refused and they started war. Spain and Rome followed, iirc.
I triggered GA with one MW to accelerate my research on republic and to get my MW production another boost. The idea was to wipe out Carthage asap and catch up with some techs while doing it. [evil
Then surprise! An AI is finally willing to trade with me. It's Carthage and the would like some luxuries. I trade two luxuries (even though I had only connected one wine, but I sent a worker to connect a second right away) against a bunch of techs (I think Mathmatics, Polytheism and Map Making, but I'm not sure anymore). Nice. Still way behind, but better now. I wanted to be in a position where Carthage would give me all the remaining techs once I conquered some of their cities.
I took out the one Korean city on 'my' side of the continent, a few rounds later Korea accepted peace. The Celts joined the war against me, but luckily they only had archers. I took out a bunch of them and made almost all MWs that I have down there elite and eventually created a leader. Since all wonders were taken I decided to create an army. I conquered a city of the Celts to end the war (next to the other one I have down there, but later on it flipped back with a spearman and two MWs in it (one was elite). :() We made peace which serves me well since I was about to start war against Carthage.
I developed The Republic! And surprise, Erikk didn't have it yet! [confused] Mmh. Well, Japan doesn't either so I was actually able to make some more trades! After that there was only one tech remaining in the Ancient Times, I researched it while starting a war against Carthage (I hope I got this right. The saves are lost and my memory almost as short as RAM's.). Througout the first strike I actually had a second leader and was able to rush Sun Tzu's because I then made peace with Carthage and got the first three MA techs (but I had to pay like 45gpt, not too expensive, especially since I was going to start a war as soon as Carthage had Chivalry again). [smokin]

Hehe, Erikk has been watching my progress the entire time with his scout, but I don't really mind, since he guessed pretty much right about the strength of my army. Also, I can pretty much see his progress on the world map as well. He's still ahead conquering-wise. I finally managed to catch up with points and even had more techs than him for a little while. Not anymore, it seems he was able to get some MA techs from Spain before he wiped them out. But you would probably know about that better than I do. ;)

After a city flipped back to Carthage I just restarted the war against them again, the final strike. They still don't have Chivalry, but I had already delayed my attack for some rounds. The others have it already, maybe I'm lucky and Carthage will have it before they are wiped out. [evil]

Things are going o.k., I guess. Only 2 cities left and no sign of a threatening resistance. After this is over I'll go after the Celts and then, of course, Japan. Rome just build Leonardo's Workshop. I don't think I can beat Erikk to it, but I'll try. Also, changing to republic doesn't look like a good idea right now, it just occured to me that maybe I should try to get to Monarchy. Damn, I should have thought about that earlier!!! [aargh]

Here an overview:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/20043118471_150BC.jpg
133.08KB

I hope I get another leader soon, I want to rush a FP in Carthage. I have 47 MWs right now, hopefully that's enough for the Celts...

Sorry for the delay, but I'm afraid it'll stay that way for quite some time until I have sorted everything out. [ponder]

Markstar
14-03-2004, 11:46
Everything is progressing pretty well. I wiped out the Carthagians and just started the war against the Celts. Lost 20% of my troops in the first two rounds since they have Gunpowder and, of course, Knights by now. I was not in a position to take any major cities and don't think I will until the first peace period.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/200431410389_E Full.jpg
159.91KB

Mmh, looks like Erikk has also caught up in techs. For a while, I was a litte ahead but it seems he got back in the game there with only Theology and Invention missing. OTOH, Korea just got Education, this looks VERY bad. They seem to get a new tech every 4 or 5 turns while I would need ~9 right now for Gunpowder while losing 18gpt. Yet, things don't look that bad, I think...

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/2004314104344_E Demo.jpg
16.59KB

But I'll stick to warmongering for the time being (as long as I'm making faster progress by demanding techs), plus I use all the money to upgrade my MWs. [cool]

Markstar
22-03-2004, 20:47
Yeah! My computer is up and running again! [estwing]

The turns are pretty eventfull nowadays, war is in the air. [evil]

After Carthage was gone I did not have much rest. I got all the remaining techs from Carthage (Chivalry, Invention iirc) and thus getting a little ahead of Erikk, but it seems the AI, especially Korea, is already much further down the tech tree. All of them, except Japan, have at least Gunpowder, leaving me no choice as too attack asap.
I set research to 0% for a while and upgrade as many of my MWs to Knights. The war against the Celts was a very costly one, decimating my attack force from about 50 MWs to only 20 Knight throughout time!!! [cry] Also, cities kept flipping back, which Erikk predicted but I underestimated at the beginning, resulting in losing 5 units, 3 elite and one veteran Knights and one Musketman. After that I keep the captured cities empty, except one where I rushed the Sistine Chapel.

By now the Celts are gone, as I said my forces are badly decimated but I have no choice than to continue war against Japan, since they don't have iron, thus no Pikemen, Knights, etc, only Spearmen and Longbowmen! [fdevil]

This is how it looks right now:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/2004322193322_erikk full.jpg
163.57KB

Since the Celts were actually also at war with Japan (and of course the Celts were much superior), they took some cities from them, which I was able to aprehend of course. ;) Thus I already had Nagasaki, a town right next to their capital, in my possession and could attack their capital with the first wave.
I had a leader from the war against the Celts left, so I used it to rush J.S. Bach's Cathedral. This is actually the first tech I developed in a very long time! :D

I hope I get more leaders soon, chances should be pretty good, since I have ~12 elite units waiting. [cool]

Compared to Erikk it doesn't look to bad, he tells me he is struggling against Rome. But even though my latest efforts to get techs that lead to Military Tradition from the AI, Korea always has the next one already, so I think they should have it pretty soon if they don't already have it. [eek]

Markstar
23-03-2004, 23:54
Now it's getting interesting:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/2004323222613_MiniMap410.jpg

Japan is gone, that just leaves Korea, Rome, Erikk and me. I'm not so much worried about Rome, it seems I caught up on techs with them, but Korea is developing techs like crazy! [eek]

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/200432322319_410tech.jpg

I know Korea has at least Astronomy and Economics, but I'm surprised that they don't have Military Tradition yet (since they had Metallurgy for quite a while now). Maybe I'm not that hopelessly behind after all anymore.
Meanwhile Erikk's most advanced techs are Theology and Gunpowder (which he aquired recently), that leaves me with a comfortable advantage - one might think! But he might go for Astronomy and get some ships over to my peaceful little country. [scared]
Mmh, should I try to trade Democracy for Astronomy next round or should I hold on to it and try to trade it for M.T. later on? [dunno]

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/2004323224716_410sea.jpg

[?] I'm not experienced in the whole suicide ship thing. What do you guys think will be the chances of him getting across that ocean? Would it be worth the risk? Korea has the Great Lighthouse, so no need to worry from that perspective. But isn't he pretty much forced to go along the coast? [help]

anarres
24-03-2004, 00:02
It is almost certain he wouldn't come across the sea, although an RoP with Rome is much more likely...

Skyfish
24-03-2004, 00:23
Korea beelines for Metallurgy because that's their GoldenAge/ UU tech, they tehn go back to the upper half of the tree because they want Unis (scientific) and then Sci wonders and Economics/Banks (commerce).
In the mean time Mil Trad is only an optional tech so they go for that *much* later on...

Markstar
24-03-2004, 00:42
Thanks for the replies!

But I don't think he'll take the land route, here is why:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/2004323233429_410bridge.jpg
36.39KB

I just founded New Grand River and I'll have my troops ready to secure the mountains VERY soon. The point is, if he'll lose to many ships on the way over until Magnetism, I can actually attack Rome and threaten him that way. But this only works if he can't land ... let's say 10 troops near my cores. I'll have one galley ready on both sides of the continent to look for ships along the coast, but I can't watch everything.

I simply don't have the troops ready (after the war against the Celts) to fight against Rome AND fighting against Erikk who landed in my back. I am already putting some Knights aside in case he does come out of nowhere with some units, but as I said, I'm not ready for an invasion right now... [scared]

Markstar
24-03-2004, 00:53
quote:Originally posted by Skyfish

Korea beelines for Metallurgy because that's their GoldenAge/ UU tech, they tehn go back to the upper half of the tree because they want Unis (scientific) and then Sci wonders and Economics/Banks (commerce).
In the mean time Mil Trad is only an optional tech so they go for that *much* later on...
Interesting, I didn't know that (as I apparently do not know many things about this game that I have been playing for over a decade by now).

Talking about culture, this is how that looks right now:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/200432323489_410cult.jpg

Hehe, if I'm lucky Erikk might even get in trouble because of culture flips along the Zulu-Korean-border. [mwaha]

Anyways, any predictions on what the AI might develop next? Should I go for M.T. myself? ATM I'm leaning towards doing so. Even if I lose a couple of turns (because I could have traded it with Korea), it might be worth it.

Markstar
25-03-2004, 21:45
Anarres' confident answer came just at the right time!!! The same round Rome attacked me!!! [eek]
Thank good anarras said I needn't worry about Erikk coming from the sea, so I left my units south and started preperations to attack Rome.
Had I instead moved some of my units north to start preparing for Erikk, I don't think I would have a chance to hold my city down there. It will still be quite a challenge, but at least it isn't hopeless.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/200432520329_luckybastard.jpg
28.71KB

But then, when I exit & save, I have to witness how my poor forces are attacked by Cavalries!!![cry]

anarres
25-03-2004, 21:49
Do you have any defensive units? that looks like a very good place to hold them back and take them out with your cavs...

Markstar
25-03-2004, 22:14
quote:Originally posted by anarres

Do you have any defensive units? that looks like a very good place to hold them back and take them out with your cavs...
Only the Musketeer you see and two regular Pikemen, iirc. Another Musketman is coming, but that'll take a while until he gets there. So I will have to rely on Knights as a defense.

I certainly hope I can hold, that is after all why I got down there asap (plus the only luxury ressource that was missing, of course). ;)

Markstar
01-04-2004, 23:43
Here a quick update, sorry that it took so long, but as you might know, I had some severe computer problems:
Not much has happened since the last time, actually. I was able to fight back the Roman troops. Apparently they attacked because they just got Military Tradition. Luckily, I was able to make quite a good deal with Korea, trading Democracy for Military Tradition and also a MA vs the Romans.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/20044122209_erikkhotspot.jpg
63.11KB

I just signed peace with the Romans, so my troops need some healing. I had hoped to capture at least one major Roman city (and maybe even Rome), but after I had some troops ready, but my army and another Cavalry retreated with one HP without appearing to do any damage, I decided that even if I might be victorious, that victory would be to costly right now.

Initially, when signing the peace treaty, I had in mind to get some reinforcements down there and then reattack Rome. But then I took a look at the stats that I was now able to read much better (thanks to Kemal for directing me to read the F11 stats better and to ProPain for clearifying F3).

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/20044122252_erikkstats.jpg
31.69KB

Mmh, this REALLY surprises me. The second strongest Civ in Mfg. Goods is only [u]139</u>!!! That's not so much imho...

In addition to that, I am strong compared to Erikk. He was able to catch up in the tech tree leading to M.T. in the past couple of turns. I think he is pretty close, most probably less than 4 turns. So I think now would be the best time to strike him...

I think I'll try to make a "right of passage" deal with the Romans and then get my Cavalry over there asap. Maybe I can do some serious damage before he gets his troops ready and/or thinks about shipping them over (even though he doesn't even have Education yet).

Maybe that will hold him off long enough so that I get Railroads, after all I am only one tech away from the Industial Age. [evil]

anarres
02-04-2004, 02:50
I would be tempted to get rails before attacking. If you can get them just a few turns earlier than your rival it really makes the difference.

If and when you get an RoP with Rome, remember to get an MA with them against ERIKK so he can't get them to declare on you for 6 turns. Of course with rails and enough workers you can get there in 1 turn and get back your injured units too - all the way through Rome...

Markstar
02-04-2004, 11:59
Mmh, yes, waiting for rails is very tempting, especially since I have enough workers floating around to build up my backbone quickly.

I'm not sure I should wait, though. From what I can see, Erikk didn't make any major moves in a long time. That can either mean he is waiting for me, OR, he has some wicked plan and right now I assume the latter. He knows my troops are all south, so I think it's reasonable to assume he is going to use that information.

Furthermore, the longer I wait, the more Cavalry he's going to have. [nuke]

Of course, an MA with Rome is extremely important. I'm not sure I want to build RR for them, but I think that I'll go ahead without them for now.

Thanks a lot anyways!!! [wavey]

Markstar
04-04-2004, 17:48
And so it begins:
As first act of aggression I capture his scout with my Musketeer...

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/200444161944_attackscout.jpg
30.88KB

...and bring my troops in position (note that Korea is still at war with Rome):

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/200444162241_position.jpg
152.26KB

Erikk abandons one city and gifts another one to the Koreans:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/200444162622_giftcities.jpg
42.6KB

So I decide to attack Syracuse instead. I am VERY surprised to meet heavy resistance, I don't think I would have stationed my troops there if I were Erikk. Anyways, I attack with my 18 Cavalrys plus the one army and lose 4 Cavs against mostly Reg Cavs and a few Impis. It was actually pretty close since I used up every unit I had. [:o]

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/20044416436_captured.jpg
57.81KB

I think next I'll stay low, retreat to that mountain near Syracuse and heal my Cavs. Also, I have to Galleos with more Cavs coming over to cause some havoc further north, but they'll take a while... [ponder]

ERIKK
05-04-2004, 11:20
Hmm, you did very good in the war (with the mw's). My war was a disaster compared
to yours. Also your part of the continent was at war the entire time, from very
early until you killed them off. When I met the Japs they were big, soon after that
I saw them fighting the Celts and Carthaginians. The Japs bever recoverd while the
Koreans grew big and strong. It is nice to see that resembled in the pics as we
have the same map.

Anyway, I was blown away becasue you did some fine micromanaging! ;)

Congrats!

Markstar
05-04-2004, 11:32
And that's how it ends...

Erikk said that I should simply attack after it seems that I caught him off guard when I got to Syracuse.
The problem with that was that I still was getting my troops in position AND, since Rome made peace with Korea, I wanted to take the Romans out. They had only three cities left, I wanted to take them out to capture The Pyramids and Leonardo's Workshop. [evil]
Two more reasons to wait were that:
1) I was [u]2</u> turns away from Steam Power and since I had a lot of workers ready, I could have built a direct route over to Erikk pretty quickly.
2) My ships were only about to leave my coast to give Erikk some more surprises...

But Erikk seemed anxious to get it over with, so I moved all I had back so we could have a good fight. I was certain that Erikk had raised about 25 Cavalrys by now, but it turned out not to be the case.

Here is Erikk's side of the continent...
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/200445102156_final1.jpg
185.93*KB

Edit: Note the 4 raized cities up north. I surprised him there earlier on when landing with 4 Cavs on that mountain. All cities were undefended, except the capital (found that out with a captured worker that I recruited as a scout) I was able to take those 4 and even retreat 2 Cavs and 2 workers! [cool]

...and mine:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/200445103021_final2.jpg
252.27*KB

Markstar
05-04-2004, 12:03
So I attacked two turns later. And after killing two Musketmen and capturing Santiago I saw that Erikk had his troops waiting for me (of course) [eek]:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/20044510411_final3.jpg
244.74KB

In the spirit of a final battle I attacked him anyways with everything I got and actually managed to get him down to 8 Cavs (of course taking heavy damage). But remember, I had a few aces up my sleeve, so things do not look totally grim as I landed troops on the coast and also came over from the southeast.

To make a short story even shorter, here is the final screen:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/200445105441_final4.jpg
401.04KB

And here the Historgraph...

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/200445105848_final5.jpg
92.26KB

Thanks to Plux and Skyfish for making this awesome and challenging map (I love mirrored maps) and to Erikk the good game!

Aggie
05-04-2004, 12:06
Great job Markstar [goodjob]

Markstar
05-04-2004, 12:17
quote:Originally posted by Aggie

Great job Markstar [goodjob]
Thank you! [blush2]

quote:Originally posted by Erikk

Anyway, I was blown away becasue you did some fine micromanaging! Well, I think we both had our advantages. You were able to trade techs, for example. No AI would trade with me until all of you were already in the MA! Dunno why, maybe because you were exploring more. Also, you had that settler near your territory.
But yes, the game went pretty well for me. [cool]

anarres
05-04-2004, 12:39
Hmm, a pretty good record so far Markstar! [coool]

Markstar
05-04-2004, 12:56
quote:Originally posted by anarres

Hmm, a pretty good record so far Markstar! [coool]
Well, I'm doing my best. But I guess I lost the element of surprise now, didn't I? [tongue]