PDA

View Full Version : Results last day season 21

Bootstoots
16-02-2004, 03:23
quote:
Weather conditions were fairly good for football, and The Yellow Boot saw a crowd turnout of 10100. Yellow had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Åhnmo - Haas, Knott, Harley - Brunner, Borgstedt, Alden, Leu, Cody - Tomlin, Burney.

Karis had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: Welsh - Parish, Leavitt, Addison - Ramos, Egibar, Swimm, Smith, Cote - Jones, Hernández.

It was an obvious ambition of Yellow to attack on the flanks. Karis saw most attack opportunites on the wings and were directing their passes that way. Yellows Billie Tomlin gave, after 9 minutes, the home team a 1 - 0 lead after an attack coming in from the right. Some brilliant football from the visitors right wing resulted in a 11th minute levelling of scores as Kariss Will Jones equalised to 1 - 1. In the games 11th minute Yellow´s Theodore Burney head butted an opponent nastily and so the referee sent him off immediately. Karis took the lead in the games 21st minute with 1 - 2 after some elegant plays down the middle. Fernando Hernández was the scorer. After 26 minutes Gary Cote made a speedy advance and dropped the ball to Fernando Hernández who shuffled the ball past the keeper. The score was now 1 - 3. The structure of the game started to change as Karis decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. After the ball got lifted in from the left Will Jones was on his own in the home side´s penalty area 26 minutes into the game, and should have scored, but missed, probably due to lack of concentration. The referee showed Kariss Michael Addison the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Yellow´s John Alden left the field after 36 minutes because of a nasty blow to the shin. His replacement was Trevor Esparza. The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 3. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Karis, with an impressive 54 percent possession of the ball.

Karis´s Fernando Hernández received a play slashing through the home side´s defense in the 61st minute, chipping it past the keeper scoring 1 - 4. The home crowd was not pleased with that one. By then Fernando Hernández was a three time scorer - a hat trick! Will Jones was, after 70 minutes, almost able to extend the visitors lead with a well placed diving header but home side keeper Magnus Åhnmo saved. Trevor Esparza got left behind when Karis´s Gary Cote made a sudden pull forward in the 73rd minute, finishing off with a swift strike. 1-5! Karis had, after 75 minutes of the game, worked the left side industriously, creating several opportunities to add to their lead, but somehow didn´t achieve closure. The visitors Vernon Parish took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and central backs in the 79:th minute. 1 - 6 for Karis. Karis held the ball, with a clear 63 percent possession rate.

Yellow´s best player was Billie Tomlin. Rolf Leu on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Karis player was without a doubt Willie Smith. Kelvin Ramos on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 1 - 6.
Not a good way to end the season, but at least I am still 2nd in my series. One of my forwards (who had ironically just come back from a suspension) got sent off early in the game and a recently purchased midfielder with formidable stamina was injured in the first half of the game and was promptly replaced by a midfielder with poor stamina.

Shabbaman
16-02-2004, 09:18
I lost, one of my backs received a red card again. IIRC that's his third this season. But I finished second, so on to league VI!

Melifluous
16-02-2004, 10:59
Wow what a game again for me! I was playing the leader (and winner) of our division who hasnt lost a game all season.

quote:A brilliantly sunny day had enticed a crowd of 15000 to Meli's Manglers Arena. Manglers had chosen a strategic 3-4-3 formation. Lineup: Cabezas - Bryan, Venkataraman, Spreadbury - Quigley-Parks, Turner, Alistair, Davis - Greenwood, Knell, Carroll.

Basters had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Frostenmar - Turnbull, Litherland, Masterson, Fairley - Lean, Anderson, Moriarty, Wemyss - Zeradjanin, Dunne.

At the beginning of the game, Basters appeared to already have taken this victory to the bank. Manglers seemed to prefer attacking in the middle. It was a hot and sunny day, and several players seemed worn out. Maybe this was why Paul Dunne found unusually much space for his snappy footwork. Manglers tried to break through in the middle repeatedly, but kept getting stuck on the visitors defenders. After a fine move down the middle Ed Knell nearly gave the home side one up in the 26:th minute. The finishing shot went just wide, though. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Manglers´s Roddy Carroll got himself booked. Ed Knell gave his Manglers the lead with 1 - 0, as he successfully challenged both the guests central defenders, then placed the ball unreachably at the goaltenders right post. Joshua Lean finished off a quick charge from the left of the field by chipping the ball just past the home sides keeper, making the score 1 - 1 in the 38:th minute. The referee showed Manglerss Andy Quigley-Parks the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. After 39 minutes Basterss Paul Dunne had to be carried off on a stretcher in agony. Kojiro Tsuboi came in instead of him. The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 1. Manglers, bringing the final ball possession rate to 57 percent, dominated the battle.

After a fine move down the middle Ed Knell nearly gave the home side one up in the 55:th minute. The finishing shot went just wide, though. In the 66:th minute Manglerss Walsh Greenwood received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. Adam Davis gave his Manglers the lead with 2 - 1, as he successfully challenged both the guests central defenders, then placed the ball unreachably at the goaltenders right post. In the 81st minute Manglerss Adam Davis received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. Joshua Lean went down after a savage challenge, but could keep on playing after some medical attention. It wasn´t a good day at all for George Fairley. His powerful style of play didn´t fit the bill this warm day. A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Manglers lead up with 3 - 1. Roddy Carroll finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. The structure of the game started to change as Manglers decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. Manglers held the ball, with a clear 58 percent possession rate.

Most important Manglers player was Walsh Greenwood. Ian Turner on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Basters player was without a doubt George Fairley. Kojiro Tsuboi on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 3 - 1.

Full house, lovely game.

5th position in my division, not so bad.

Melifluous

Håkon
17-02-2004, 16:30
Shock of the season :D (although Meli's wasn't too bad either)

quote:Dynamo Morpork - Erlando United 3 - 1
23000 spectators had come to Treacle Mine Road this cloudy day. Dynamo had chosen a strategic 5-3-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Vold - Lupovs, Johansen, Sørensen, Sahlkvist, Hansen - Mortensen, Andersen, Haugland - Orenen, Sukunya.

Erlando started off with a 4-5-1 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Thorsen - Mathisen, Nessgård, Felbermeier, van de Graaff - Ingerslev, Gróf, Reuss, Furuseth, Andreasson - Yves.

Dynamo clearly preferred attacks in the middle. Dynamo took the lead in the 11th minute of the game by 1 to 0, as Stefan Orenen elegantly received a pass going deep, finishing off with a half-volley shot just below the bar. The referee showed Erlandos Philippe Yves the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Some brilliant football from the visitors right wing resulted in a 13th minute levelling of scores as Erlandos Philippe Yves equalised to 1 - 1. Dynamo took the lead in the 14:th minute of the game by 2 to 1, as Morten Andersen elegantly received a pass going deep, finishing off with a half-volley shot just below the bar. In 18:th minute of game time Erlando´s Philippe Yves received his second yellow card and was sent off. 2 - 1 was the half-time score. Dynamo held the ball, with a clear 53 percent possession rate.

The visitors almost came back with an equaliser in the 53rd minute after a good combination down the middle, but as Arve Mathisen was to put closure on the raid he couldn´t deliver a shot hard enough to seriously challenge the keeper. After an industrious effort down the middle Ove Haugland could have closed the game off in the 64:th minute, but his finishing shot hit the post. Rune Ingerslev was doing a great job at his wing, sending in brilliant passes to his team mates in the middle. The referee showed Dynamos Stefan Orenen the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Dynamo put their lead ahead another goal as Stefan Orenen struck home the 3 - 1 goal, after an attack from the left setting him up unmarked with the keeper. Dynamo, bringing the final ball possession rate to 61 percent, dominated the battle.

I had serious luck with the guy's central attacker getting sent off, he then got wretched central attack and passable and solid on the wings...thus he couldn't really score any goals. How my passable central attack scored three goals will remain a mystery...

yndy
18-02-2004, 12:32
Speaking of shock …
quote:The 7000 spectators at Bulanosii Arena were in for an afternoon of sunshine. Bulanosii tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Borgholm - Göransson, Zamfir, Cretu - Alecu, Tóth, Jacobsson, Eremia, Ciobanu - Stoian, Mircea.

Sticla started off with a 4-3-3 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Abolafio Martíne - Spiridon, Roland Olsen, Åhltorp, Barbu - Gheorghe, Pahontu, Sinikallio - Bos, Mårtensson, Nygård.

Counter-attacking seemed to be the preferred strategy of Sticla, and they seem solid at it. Sticla took the lead in the games 16:th minute with 0 - 1 after some elegant plays down the middle. Andreas Mårtensson was the scorer. Sticla almost scored after a counterattack 23 minutes into the match, but Andreas Mårtensson took a shot from the left that landed harmlessly in the side of the net. After a fatal mistake from the away teams right side defense in the 24:th minute, an alert Paul Stoian bagged the ball, evening the score to 1 - 1. Halftime score was 1 - 1. Bulanosii held the ball, with a clear 59 percent possession rate.

Bulanosii could have put themselves ahead in the 80:th minute as Dragos Mircea missed a volley shot on a ball coming in from the right. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Bulanosii´s Petre Eremia got himself booked. Bulanosii made a bid to take the lead as a ball coming in from the right hand side left Dragos Mircea completely alone with keeper Rubén Abolafio Martínez, who made a spectacular block. Gheorghe Barbu wasn´t much help defensively. His energy-consuming forward pulls proved quite costly in the pressuring heat. Marin Ciobanu gave his Bulanosii the lead with 2 - 1, as he successfully challenged both the guests central defenders, then placed the ball unreachably at the goaltenders right post. A bit later, a magnificent combination in the middle resulted in Bulanosii´s Stefan Jacobsson putting the lead up to 3 - 1. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Bulanosii, with an impressive 59 percent possession of the ball.

The most dominating Bulanosii player was without a doubt Nicolaj Borgholm. Petre Eremia on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Sticla player was without a doubt Nik Bos. Gheorghe Barbu was a disappointment, however. The match ends 3 - 1.

Last two goals were scored in the 89th minute and I got only the second place. A draw would have been enough for me to get the top spot and play a qualification game for division V. Now you also know why I kept playing that 4-3-3 formations in the CDZ Cup. Turned out to be a bad thing.

Shabbaman
18-02-2004, 12:57
Well...

Wouldn't a 4-5-1 with pressing have been better?

yndy
18-02-2004, 13:09
quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

Well...

Wouldn't a 4-5-1 with pressing have been better?

Probably yes, but I had no experience in that formation and anyway I wanted to train 3 forward trainees. I am mostly disappointed by the CA. Although I got the solid that I predicted I did not have even 1 CA, while I was sort of counting on two. AIM would have been better I think.