PDA

View Full Version : Arghis - Markstar MAP MADE (Skyfish)

Arghis
10-02-2004, 21:12
------------------------------------
Map Making Threads Protocols
------------------------------------

CIV version: PTV 1.27

PTW Maps can only be made properly in 1.14, so it doesn't matter which version you are playing as it will upgrade to the appropriate version on the first load.

-- if you say so --

Player order
Player1: Arghis and German
player2: Markstar and Japanese

Difficuly Level:
Monarch

Map parameters:
Please state map size, land form, climate, temperature, age, barb level.

Map size : small
Land form : continents
Climate : Arid
Temperature : Temperature
Barbs : roaming

Victory conditions and extra rules:
as stated for common games :
- all standard conditions on
- no regicide, capture the princess and other multiplayer conditions
- civ-abilities on
- culturally-linked start off (may be impossible to change due to bug)
- ai-respawn off (may be impossible to change due to bug)

AI civs:
randoms

Other requests:
none

Waiting to read u

Beam
10-02-2004, 22:23
Would like to do this one, can't do PTW anymore however :(

Arghis
10-02-2004, 22:29
why can't you do PTW maps anymore ?

Beam
10-02-2004, 23:13
Cause I completely skipped ptw and got back in civ at c3c, that simple.

Skyfish
11-02-2004, 09:15
Beam : have you erased your PTW Editor ?
If not you can just make the Bix and I will make the .sav, OK ?

Markstar
14-02-2004, 01:39
Hi!
Do you guys think you can get this to work with PTW?
That would be really great, I'm not really comfortable with C3C yet... [blush2]
Those two games will be the last ones with PTW, I promise. [hmm]

Thank you
Markus

Beam
16-02-2004, 22:59
The PTW editor I have is the one that came with C3C, if you can load a sav from that technically I am more than happy to make your map. Will post a test *.biq tomorrow to make sure ;)

Markstar
17-02-2004, 09:16
Sure, sounds great.

Anything that gets a game starting. [:p]

I'm just more afraid then ever to play C3C...

Beam
17-02-2004, 20:58
This is a TEST sav made in the C3C editor, just to verify if you can load it in PTW. I doubt it, we can always try. If you can both load it I will proceed with the real map.

Download Attachment: icon_paperclip.gif testarghismarkstar, 3950 BC.SAV (http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Beam/2004217205744_testarghismarkstar, 3950 BC.SAV)
30.82KB

Markstar
17-02-2004, 23:13
Nope, I cannot load it. Sorry. :(

Beam
17-02-2004, 23:25
Markstar, I should say sorry ;)

Sky, can you load this biq in PTW Ed. or game? This one is the base for the test sav. if you can load it I can prepare the real biq, otherwise someone else need to pick this one.

Download Attachment: icon_paperclip.gif c3cptwtest.biq (http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Beam/200421723240_c3cptwtest.biq)
11.8KB

Arghis
19-02-2004, 16:20
Markstar, why are you not comfortable with C3C ?

Beam
21-02-2004, 17:30
Can someone with the PTW editor please verify if this biq can be loaded thru in the editor? If not I can not complete this map.

Skyfish
21-02-2004, 18:17
A biq file can not be opened in PTW editor Beam

Beam
22-02-2004, 10:50
Can another mapmaker take this PTW one?

Changed tittle to MAP REQUEST - Aggie

Skyfish
26-02-2004, 12:30
We have a problem here as I can not make PTW1.14 maps anymore...
We need somebody to step in or Markstar needs to stop being a chicken and move to C3C...[rolleyes]

ERIKK
26-02-2004, 13:19
Sorry, I cant make PTW maps nor Beam, Plux or Aggie AFAIK. Maybe anarres or DrA but I doubt it...

Markstar
26-02-2004, 15:39
Well, and then Arghis will kick my ass and I will have to tell you guys that I told you so! [cry]

I already see my doom on the horizon, but alright, let's do it, if Arghis is still alright with it. [scared]

Arghis
26-02-2004, 23:55
hi !

i'm still rdy to play, no prob.

If you want to discover C3C without suffering too much stress because of "new features" & AI still cheating as much as it is stupid (poor AI - i respect her in a way; that it is not his fault), we can play a level under monarch (i forgot the term).

As for me kicking your ass :-) , well i appreciate a good war, but i'm not the kind to rush for total war (unless some specific case, of course).

Last, C3C offers really intereseting improvment for Civ, like the fact that your Great Leaders vary from military to scientific (which implies you don't rush Great wonders as easily than before). But as far as i've seen, all this is rather easy to handle.

One note for the map maker, pliz, do not put ivory only for IA, it's embarrassing because of Ancient cavalry, in my opinion.

n.b. : i use C3C last beta patch (which many seems to use here)

Markstar
27-02-2004, 06:09
I don't worry about the AI, that I can very well handle. [shoot]

I'm just afraid of the hardcore-players around here waiting to kick my butt. [scared]

Oh, speaking of ivory - really, what's up with that? Did somebody file a formal complaint to Firaxis or do you guys actually think it might be a good idea? I think it totally sucks. [scratch]

Skyfish
27-02-2004, 08:11
Hardcore players ? nah...we all a bunch of softies :D

OK I got this map, should be ready today.

As far as Ivory is concerned, dont worry this is why you have a MapMaker...

Skyfish
27-02-2004, 09:28
After a long wait you deserved a quick service, I just had a spare 30mins so its perfect.

Arghis is player 1, on your first turn enter "admin" as the pw and then change it to your own pw.

You start in 3950bc and the AIs are already settled :D

Download Attachment: icon_paperclip.gif MarkstarvArghis, 3950 BC.SAV (http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/skyfish/200422792754_MarkstarvArghis, 3950 BC.SAV)
64.08KB

Markstar
27-02-2004, 10:41
Thank you Skyfish!

And sorry for making this more complicated. I still feel that I'm not really ready for C3C, but maybe that can even be a good thing.

[goodjob]
Markus

Skyfish
27-02-2004, 13:57
I also felt not ready and its real easy mate, dont panic, it comes very naturally : if you have any question at any point you can PM me or post in General Discussions, dont hesitate at all (even seemingly "stupid" questions) !

Aggie
27-02-2004, 14:36
Markstar: especially important in C3C:

- no contact and map trading until later in the game. This requires you to build curraghs available with alphabet. Even on pangaea map these are great to explore
- philosophy gives a free tech for the first civ to research it. So it is actually useful now!
- ivory gives you the chance to build the Statue of Zeus (which generates an ancient cavalry every 5 turns)
- Scientific great leaders may appear whenever you research a tech @ first. Scientific civs have 5% chance on it instead of 3%.
- A lot of ancient wonders added. Most of them are nice to haves.

Markstar
27-02-2004, 17:35
Thank you guys for trying to help me getting into C3C, I really appreciate it. [^]

Actually I did finish a Monarch game easily, what worries me are the 'little' things not in the manual, like optimal city placement, unit/city ratio, new goverments (like usefullness of Feudalism - I know what it's supposed to do, but only from experience one can say how usefull or not it actually is) and so on and so on...

Arghis
27-02-2004, 18:48
Hi Markstar

first turn sent to your hotmail adress

anarres
27-02-2004, 19:14
Markstar, you realise that every day you delay switching is another day behind you are in learning the changes? Anyway, I'm glad you switched at last.

Markstar
27-02-2004, 21:11
I think I'll take it slow nevertheless. Plus, despite enormous efforts (of trying not to get too involved with Civ), my studying is falling behind again and I have huge exams coming up. I hope Erikk gets tired soon otherwise I'll be here all night, hoping to catch up (he is up by 24 points right now!!! [eek] ).