PDA

View Full Version : Volcanoes in MP games, anyone?

Grille
08-02-2004, 22:02
In the C3C readme, there's somewhere stated that 'volcanic erruptions won't happen in a MP game.' (you may want to search for 'volc' in the readme)

Because of this, I would not bother to settle near a volcano. However, I saw a volcanic erruption (it did not toast the city though, but polluted some tiles) during a pbem/hotseat session.

The game started on v1.00 and we had some very weird flaws anyways in the beginning - strange barb movement order and a prompt for a UN vote in the middle of the ancient age...[crazyeyes] (default rules!). The game then went on normal, until that volcano errupted. So... is this anoher flaw or do those readme lines only apply to direct connection games (may be more of an issue in such games, but should be expressed clearly in the readme then).

Have you seen volcanic erruptions in C3C PBEM?

ERIKK
08-02-2004, 22:23
Yeah, in my game agianst Beam it errupted. My city was save but the lands polluted (the city was
two squares next to the vulcano).

Grille
08-02-2004, 22:33
Thanks for confirmation, ERIKK.

In that case, the readme file seems a bit misleading (for pbem games at least).

ProPain
08-02-2004, 23:11
Maybe it's Firaxis way of telling is they don't consider PBEM multiplayer :D

More serious, maybe it's because PBEM and hotseat are based on the SP engine.

Lt. Killer M
09-02-2004, 09:28
Sky told me he got a town destroyed by a volc in our purely 1.15 PBEM!

Skyfish
09-02-2004, 13:25
Check this thread for proof :
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1265

Grille
09-02-2004, 19:58
Ok, so no settling next to that sweet volcano. Or just sitting on it. Damn. The false info skrews that game.

Arghis
25-02-2004, 13:39
i've seen once, in SP game - firaxis scenario - , a unit being burned by a volcano eruption. The unit in question, a speamen, was just sitting on top of it, guarding it.