PDA

View Full Version : Results Day 13 Season 21

Melifluous
08-02-2004, 20:31
quote:
Fairly good weather for football had drawn a crowd of 8722 to Paradise. Beans' had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Struthers - Coutts, Allen, Crowley-Cribbin, Variopoulos - Sturmfelz, Mathiasson, Holtzclaw, Langston - Hughes, Pace.

Manglers started off with a 3-4-3 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Cabezas - Spreadbury, Bryan, Cheesman - Quigley-Parks, Hornabrook, Turner, Alistair - Greenwood, Venkataraman, Carroll.

In the 11th minute the visitors broke through on the right after some poor defending and Aatmaj Venkataraman put the ball away for 0 - 1. The game had been on for 23 minutes when Ian Turner broke through to the right, upping the score to the home crowd´s dismay. Manglers´s were up 0 - 2. Magnus Mathiasson of Beans' received a yellow card in the 28:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 2. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Beans', with an impressive 58 percent possession of the ball.

Gavin Cheesman received some harsh words from his coach after he acted foolishly, probably out of lack of experience, in the 53rd minute and almost caused an opponent to score. A corner kick created great disorder in the penalty area, but at last Manglers´s Roddy Carroll was able to shove the ball in. 0-3. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Manglers´s Alan Hornabrook got himself booked. Terrell Hughes was very close to reducing for Beans' in the 62nd minute, but the visitors right back got his foot out just in the nick of time, blocking to a corner. After 63 minutes Chris Sturmfelz made a speedy advance and dropped the ball to Johnny Pace who shuffled the ball past the keeper. The score was now 1 - 3. One of many good passes from Jonathan Langston at the wing was recieved and skillfully taken care of by Johnny Pace, scoring for Beans' to 2 - 3. Some fine manouvering on the left lead to an 71st minute Manglers goal, making it 2 - 4. Aatmaj Venkataraman was noted down as the scorer. In 77:th minute of game time Manglers´s Alan Hornabrook received his second yellow card and was sent off. The Beans' player was Will Allen who had to be helped off the pitch, unable to finish the game, but David Wharton came in to finish the match. Beans', bringing the final ball possession rate to 72 percent, dominated the battle.

Beans'´s best player was Jonathan Langston. David Wharton on the other hand, had a terrible day. Most important Manglers player was Walsh Greenwood. Ian Turner on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 2 - 4.

Nice game except my best midfielder got sent off :(

Still last game next week is against the winner of our division so...

who cares?

Melifluous

ProPain
08-02-2004, 22:44
quote:
PP SV - tiktaktackleteam 2 - 0

MatchID: 11614489
Arena: PP SV Arena
Crowd: 4069

4069 spectators had found their way to PP SV Arena, despite the heavy rain. PP had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. They fielded: Pietrek - van Zeeland, van Bommel, Tafro - de Moll, Daemen, Kamperman, Boote, Waltmans - Drent, Beugels.

tiktaktackleteam had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. They fielded: Roest - van Strien, Mantel, Hendriks, Vinke - ter Huurne, de Jong, Boers, Buringa - van Praag, Hess.

3 minutes into the game a free kick combination hooked into the box almost resulted in the home team taking the lead, but the last header went wide. Jeroen Hess, who often relies on his speed, had a rotten day on the drenched grass. tiktaktackleteam had a good opportunity to score the lead goal but the home team goaltender Roman Pietrek saved Alex van Praag´s shot headed for the top corner. PP´s Rolf Beugels refused to leave the field after injuring his achilles tendon in the 30:th minute. The home side put themselves ahead 1 - 0 in the 31st by a breakthrough from Rolf Beugels, who unaided came in out of the right wing hooking the ball over the visitors keeper. The referee showed tiktaktackleteams Xander Buringa the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Roman Pietrek the unlucky victim, couldn´t continue the game, so Milowit Chalbinski had to come off the bench. Halftime score was 1 - 0. PP held the ball, with a clear 63 percent possession rate.

Paul Roest was caught napping a bit later as Iwan Daemen lifted a ball over him after a free kick, but the ball hit the bar, rebounding into the keepers arms. In the 59:th minute PP´s Sjors Drent tried to nail the coffin shut, but the shot rebounded off the bar to fall behind the net. 61 minutes into the game PP were awarded a penalty that Iwan Daemen turned into 2 - 0 without a problem. In the games 71st minute PP´s Kelvin de Moll fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Kelvin de Moll for taking a dive. PP held the ball, with a clear 75 percent possession rate.

Most important PP player was Iwan Daemen. Milowit Chalbinski was a disappointment, however. The most dominating tiktaktackleteam player was without a doubt Gysbert Mantel. Paul Roest on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 2 - 0.

My first league win! And my midfield rated poor for the first time. TS is still irritated but with the seasons end in sight I really couldn't care less. Confidence is strong. SPonsors are still irritated but my supporters are content again.

The bad weather made even less supporters show up than normal, so my economie is fucked up even more, but still no debt so no biggie.

Fucking assholes wounded my goalie and he's out for 2 weeks. Wondering if the free week that we'll get after the competitiont counts as well.

Bootstoots
09-02-2004, 02:58
quote:The 7000 spectators at Evanston Penguins Arena were in for an afternoon of sunshine. Evanston had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Weller - Michaud, Lackey, Breen, Partridge - Breeden, Alley, Dozier, Medina - Dumas, Jameson.

Yellow had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: Åhnmo - Haas, Knott, Harley - Brunner, Borgstedt, Wahl, Esparza, Cody - Lara, Tomlin.

It was an obvious ambition of Yellow to attack on the flanks. Evanston tried to break through in the middle repeatedly, but kept getting stuck on the visitors defenders. Evanston´s Otis Partridge refused to leave the field after injuring his achilles tendon in the 23rd minute. Evanstons Rickie Jameson gave, after 39 minutes, the home team a 1 - 0 lead after an attack coming in from the right. A corner kick created great disorder in the penalty area, but at last Yellow´s Floyd Brunner was able to shove the ball in. 1-1. The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 1. Evanston held the ball, with a clear 56 percent possession rate.

Evanston tried to break through in the middle repeatedly, but kept getting stuck on the visitors defenders. A mistake by the home sides central defence in the 74:th minute allowed Billie Tomlin to score 1 - 2 for Yellow. Evanstons Jefferson Alley got himself booked after a foul. Yellow were forced to a substitution as Cary Haas couldn´t continue playing due to the rough treatment, forcing Bubba Dias to come in from the sidelines. Billie Tomlin increased the visitors lead by putting a volley shot away on a pass from the right. 1 - 3. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Evanston, with an impressive 60 percent possession of the ball.

The most dominating Evanston player was without a doubt Willis Lackey. Jefferson Alley on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Yellow player was without a doubt Billie Tomlin. However, Bubba Dias made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 1 - 3.I won another league game. Unfortunately, one of my wingbacks is out for a week (and is 27 years old, so he probably won't be there for the last game of the season). This is my first comeback win (though it can only barely be called that, since the Penguins' lead only lasted for one minute). I'm now firmly in second place, ahead of third place by 5 and trailing the first place team by 6 points. TS is still furious after a MOTS loss two weeks ago, but it doesn't really matter at all. I still have yet to get better than a wretched midfield (excluding the match two weeks ago, where I had a poor midfield but lost). Any tips for improving it?

Shabbaman
09-02-2004, 08:49
quote:Due to an all-day shower, 10000 paying spectators got to see a match on a pitch-turned-bog at Sint Kees Stadion. Shabba tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. Lineup: Aupperlee - Ramsaur, Couso, Geluk - van Dijken, Decker, de Maat, Romano, de Ruijsscher - Oorburg, Hamers.

Lin had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: den Boon - Sorolla, Campagne, Colaço - van Hout, Noer Mogensen, Ganster, Marcó, Slaa - van Trigt, Kuin.

Shabba mostly ignored the flanks in favour of attacks in the middle. Mûsâ Ramsaur gave his Shabba the lead with 1 - 0, as he successfully challenged both the guests central defenders, then placed the ball unreachably at the goaltenders right post. Marcus Campagne received some harsh words from his coach after he acted foolishly, probably out of lack of experience, in the 15:th minute and almost caused an opponent to score. A bit later, a magnificent combination in the middle resulted in Shabba´s Dimitri Geluk putting the lead up to 2 - 0. Sérgio Colaço sailed high, high above the opponents as he headed the 2-1 in after a corner kick after 25 minutes of play. 2 - 1 was the half-time score. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Lin, with an impressive 55 percent possession of the ball.

Some brilliant football from the visitors right wing resulted in a 53rd minute levelling of scores as Lins Ricardo Marcó equalised to 2 - 2. In the 71st minute the visitors broke through on the right after some poor defending and Carl Christian Noer Mogensen put the ball away for 2 - 3. Lin´s Barry Kuin received a play slashing through the home side´s defense in the 79:th minute, chipping it past the keeper scoring 2 - 4. The home crowd was not pleased with that one. Lin held the ball, with a clear 66 percent possession rate.

Most important Shabba player was Sébastien Couso. Jeremy Oorburg was a disappointment, however. The most dominating Lin player was without a doubt Carl Christian Noer Mogensen. Noël den Boon was a disappointment, however. The match ends 2 - 4.

I lost to the unbeaten league champion. Not that I expected otherwise, but I even managed to score. No other league club has managed that before this season.

ProPain
09-02-2004, 09:43
quote:Originally posted by Bootstoots

[ still have yet to get better than a wretched midfield (excluding the match two weeks ago, where I had a poor midfield but lost). Any tips for improving it?

Of course I'm hardly the expert around here, but training stamina did wonders for me. The manual says it also weakens form but I have been training stamina for 3 weeks now and the average form of my team dropped by half a skill level, but my stamina rose by 2,5 levels on average. But of course my teams form was already a disaster for starters.