PDA

View Full Version : Results Day 12 Season 21

Melifluous
01-02-2004, 20:15
How cool am I?

Just had a 7-0 win in my favour!

Also had like just over 13,000 people turn up to watch!

And best of all I just rose to like 6th place in my division, my highest place so far!

quote:
13848 spectators had come to Meli's Manglers Arena this cloudy day. Manglers tactics involved an interesting 3-4-3 combination. They fielded: Cabezas - Spreadbury, Bryan, Cheesman - Davis, Hornabrook, Turner, Alistair - Verspoor, Greenwood, Venkataraman.

SUPERFURRY had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Ashman - Starr, Granger, O'Casey - Kannappan, Lancaster, Griffiths, O'Reilly, Anandan - Bejai, Cook.

Ian Turner hit the ball just perfect in the 6:th minute and could score for Manglers with a fab long shot to 1 - 0. With 7 minutes played Ian Turner could have brought this one home for Manglers, had his hooked ball gone in, but it went just a bit too high. In the 22nd minute Manglers put themselves up 2 - 0. The visitors defenders lost the ball to Mark Verspoor coming up from the left, who proceeded to cooly round the goaltender and knock the ball home. Walsh Greenwood of Manglers received a yellow card in the 34:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Things were going to get worse for the visitors. Alan Hornabrook squirmed himself through the central defense line in the 34:th minute, asserting the lead to 3 - 0. 4 - 0 was a funny story: the seemingly nonchalant lob from Manglers´s Walsh Greenwood landed at the feet of Aatmaj Venkataraman who sent it into the net - goal! After this Manglers lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts. The teams went for a half-time break at 4 - 0. Manglers held the ball, with a clear 77 percent possession rate.

Mark Verspoor should probably have put his team up another goal in the 60:th minute, but some great goaltending by Horace Ashman kept the visitors in the game. Aatmaj Venkataraman almost managed to score another goal for Manglers, but his header was tipped to a corner by the visitors goalie. Things were going to get worse for the visitors. Aatmaj Venkataraman squirmed himself through the central defense line in the 77:th minute, asserting the lead to 5 - 0. In the 77:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Mark Verspoor dashed through, knocking home 6 - 0 for Manglers. David Spreadbury increased Manglers´s lead to 7 - 0 from a penalty spot cannonball. Manglers, bringing the final ball possession rate to 86 percent, dominated the battle.

The most dominating Manglers player was without a doubt Walsh Greenwood. However, Mark Verspoor made a disastrous appearance. Most important SUPERFURRY player was Horace Ashman. Daviken O'Reilly on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 7 - 0.

Melifluous

[goodjob]

ProPain
01-02-2004, 22:09
I had a good day against the leader of our division, the cheating FC Macco (see other thread). A 1-3 loss. Although it seems they banned the owner end of december, his team still isn't in walkover mode and keeps winning.

I played a 4-5-1 PIC & pressure tactic.

Reasoning:
- I'm gonna lose so I better try and make sure I dont get lots of goals against me.
- I'm gonna lose so I might as well use the match to gain experience in another line up

Supporters are back to calm, apparently they appreciated the not so disastrous defeat.

Next week the former AFC AJAX is coming to visit. They got a new owner a few days ago so this opens up opportunity. New owner, means new players, and if he gets the same crappy heap as I got I have a chance.

The new guy wopn from FC bavel (the one I played a draw against last week) but FC bavel only fielded 9 players [aargh] Why didnt I have that luck

ProPain
01-02-2004, 22:15
@ Mel. Congratulations on your victory and the massive spectator turn up!

Bootstoots
02-02-2004, 02:02
quote:
4823 spectators arrived at La Bombonera, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Tricampeon had chosen a strategic 3-4-3 formation. They fielded: Dowdy - Larios, Michaels, Kline - Colombo, Unger, Fitch, Sheehan - Parker, Leary, Wolf.

Yellow tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Ĺhnmo - Haas, Knott, Harley - Brunner, Borgstedt, Wahl, Esparza, Cody - Tomlin, Burney.

Tricampeon saw most attack opportunites on the wings and were directing their passes that way. Yellow saw most attack opportunites on the wings and were directing their passes that way. Yellow´s Randy Knott gave the visitors a 0 - 1 lead in the 7:th minute with a superb strike from the right. In the 11th minute Yellows Omar Cody received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. Some fine manouvering on the left lead to an 22nd minute Yellow goal, making it 0 - 2. Jonas Borgstedt was noted down as the scorer. Tricampeon had obvious problems in finding their positions. The referee showed Yellows Theodore Burney the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Warren Dowdy kept the home side in the game with a magnificient save, as Omar Cody delivered an almost perfect free kick to the far cross bar. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Tricampeon´s Orlando Larios got himself booked. In the 43rd minute the visitors put themselves ahead 0 - 3 as Billie Tomlin finished off an attack from the left with a spectacular scissors kick. By now Yellow were drawing the troops back in order to defend their lead. Tricampeon appeared unsure on how to play. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 3. Yellow held the ball, with a clear 70 percent possession rate.

Tricampeon -coach had an extra briefing during the break, and after that his players looked a lot more organized. Some fine manouvering on the left lead to an 58:th minute Yellow goal, making it 0 - 4. Theodore Burney was noted down as the scorer. The game had been on for 74 minutes when Trevor Esparza broke through to the right, upping the score to the home crowd´s dismay. Yellow´s were up 0 - 5. Trevor Esparza wasn´t fit enough for a full game made several mistakes out of sheer tiredness. One of them was exploited by Terrance Fitch who squeezed in 1-5. After 82 minutes of game time Billie Tomlin received an excellent opportunity to add to the visitors lead, clipping a volley hooked in from the right, but Warren Dowdy was in the right place, tipping the ball to a corner. The referee showed Tricampeons Joseph Unger the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. 83 minutes into the game Magnus Ĺhnmo had to leave the pitch due to a knee injury. In came Victor Baicu. After 83 minutes a combination in the middle resulted in a through ball for Theodore Burney who increased Yellow´s lead to 1 - 6. Tricampeon seemed to suffer a certain amount of confusion about the organization of the team. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Yellow, with an impressive 72 percent possession of the ball.

Tricampeon´s best player was Franklin Wolf. However, Orlando Larios made a disastrous appearance. Yellow´s best player was Billie Tomlin. Paul Wahl on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 1 - 6. Finally, a high-scoring win. This is the first match where I scored more than 2 goals. This was against an easy team, they rank seventh in my series, but it was a high-scoring win nonetheless (I had only a 0-2 win against the last-ranked team in the series). Unfortunately, one of my better players (Burney) is suspended due to getting a third yellow card and my new goalie got injured, but only for one week. It looks like 3-5-2 does pay off, even though I still had a wretched midfield (but it was facing a disastrous one). My next match is against the fourth-ranked team; they are fairly good but I think I can pull off a victory.

yndy
02-02-2004, 08:31
quote:Overcast weather free of rain made for a crowd turnout of 14000 at Sticla T-veni Arena today. Sticla had chosen a strategic 3-4-3 formation. They fielded: Vlad - Gheorghe, Barbu, Albescu - Roland Olsen, Pahontu, Sinikallio, Ungureanu - Bos, Mĺrtensson, Ĺhltorp.

Virtual tactics involved an interesting 4-5-1 combination. They fielded: Vlaicu - Oprea, Lapp, Gliga, Gânsac - Schumm, Alhinho, Băltatu, Dincă, Ledford - Prodan.

Some beautiful plays on the left side of the field resulted in a 2nd minute goal by Gheorghe Barbu for Sticla, putting them ahead 1 - 0. A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Sticla lead up with 2 - 0. Laurentiu Albescu finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. The structure of the game started to change as Sticla decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. 3 - 0 was a funny story: the seemingly nonchalant lob from Sticla´s Eino Sinikallio landed at the feet of Barbu Ungureanu who sent it into the net - goal! The visitors got a chance of pulling one back in the 25:th minute, due to a defensive blunder leaving Andrei Prodan completely unmarked. His strike was pathetic though, easy prey for the home side´s keeper. In the 26:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Laurentiu Albescu dashed through, knocking home 4 - 0 for Sticla. Sticla had to manage with a reduced squad from the 38:th minute on, as Eino Sinikallio got sent off for a foul in a free situation. The teams went for a half-time break at 4 - 0. Virtual held the ball, with a clear 53 percent possession rate.

Virtual breathed new life into the game with an opportunity to reduce the score in the 49:th minute, but the home side´s defenders cleared the ball on the line, after a long shot coming in from the left, rebounding off the crossbar. In the 57:th minute Virtuals Ernesto Alhinho received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. In the 58:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Kristian Ĺhltorp dashed through, knocking home 5 - 0 for Sticla. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Sticla, with an impressive 52 percent possession of the ball.

The most dominating Sticla player was without a doubt Nik Bos. Gheorghe Barbu on the other hand, had a terrible day. Virtual´s best player was Silviu Vlaicu. Andrei Prodan was a disappointment, however. The match ends 5 - 0.
Easy victory, I actually hold my horses to avoid a nasty surprise. I'll probably do that next week as well.

I'm first with 28p and the 2nd and 3rd have 26p but the last match (two weeks from now) is between me and no. 3. If I win that match I win the league, if I draw, it will be goal difference between me and no.2, if I lose than it will be either no.2 or no.3 again depending on goal difference.

Shabbaman
02-02-2004, 08:38
I win again, and once again I lose a wingback. Another red card... I wonder if it has to do with the "wonderful" mood my team is in.

Oh, btw, I just finished second in my league. I've got no idea what I've got to do in the 6th league, but at least it's pushing my relegation to the 8th forward in time...