PDA

View Full Version : Kryszcztov vs Killer

Lt. Killer M
30-01-2004, 16:51
before we start, we need to agree on rules. We have most of them, one lead to a long discussion so ehre is a very exact version of it:

Rules on Military Alliances vs. the ‚other human’ (OH)

1.1 Buying one AI civ against the OH is allowed
1.2 Prolonging that alliance after 20 turns by renewal (another 20) or simply letting it run is also allowed
1.3 Ending the alliance after 20 turns and renewing it in a new deal (money involved e.g.) is also allowed. The new alliance with the same AI can be made at any time.
1.4 Buying or accepting a second MA vs. the OH with another AI is not allowed during the 20 turns of the first alliance, even if that alliance does not exists on the F4 screen anymore.
1.5 After ending an alliance (20 turns to 29 turns), it is not allowed to buy another alliance with a different AI before 30 turns from the start of the first alliance have passed.

exceptions:
a) if the MA partner AI makes peace with the OH, it is allowed to immediately buy the same or a different AI into a MA vs. the OH.
b) if the partner AI declares war on the player or vice versa, another MA with a different AI may be bought after the original 20 turns of the MA have passed (instead of 30)
c) exception b) does not make exception a) invalid.

examples:

Player 1 buy the Iroquois against Player 2.

a) after 20 turns, he decides to le the alliance run on. after another 10 turns, he ends the MA and may buy the Persians against player 2 right away.
b) after 20 turns, he decides NOT to prolong the alliance. Now, he must wait 10 turns before he can buy another civ vs. player 2
c) the Iroquois make peace with player 2 after only 11 turns. Player 1 may immediately buy them or another AI against player 2
d) The Iroquois declare war on player 1 after only 6 turns of the MA. He must now wait another 14 turns before he can either buy the Iroquois again or any other civ against player 2.
e) The Iroquois declare war on player 1 after only 6 turns of the MA. Then, the Iroquois make peace with player 2 after only 5 more turns. Now, player 1 may buy the Iroquois or any other civ vs. player 2 right away.

Socrates
30-01-2004, 17:33
We also agreed on this rule :

No town gift to any AI (or human !) for free. Towns may be gifted if the human player sues for peace only. Loopholes might exist, but we don't intend to make weird moves that have nothing to do with the spirit of the game and History.

This is to prevent the human player from capturing the Library just before Education, then gifting it to an AI, and then recapturing it later to get another bunch of free techs, if the human player has managed to stop research before Education. [eek] I don't know if this is against RBCiv rules (we plan to play with those), but this will be a no-no here. Weird moves supporters stand up now against this policy, or refrain from speaking for ever (dunno the right sentence). [estwing]

DrAlimentado
30-01-2004, 18:24
quote:Originally posted by kryszcztov

Weird moves supporters stand up now against this policy, or refrain from speaking for ever (dunno the right sentence). [estwing]

"speak now or remain silent forever more" ?

I support most 'weird moves' - but you are entitled to play whatever silly rules you both can agree to [tongue]

what others think is after all largely irrelevant!

Lt. Killer M
31-01-2004, 09:20
quote:Originally posted by DrAlimentado
I support most 'weird moves' - but you are entitled to play whatever silly rules you both can agree to [tongue]

oh, I know a nice little 'weird move' nobody but me and kryz now seems to know - can I use it against you???????