PDA

View Full Version : kryszcztov v Killer - MADE

Socrates
30-01-2004, 16:45
EDIT : SEE END OF THIS POST !!! (2004/02/03)

Another fool wants to challenge me. I'm getting ready to what you guys call an "initiation game" with Killer. :D

version : C3C 1.15 beta
player 1 : kryszcztov - Byzantines
player 2 : Killer - Spanish
difficulty level : Emperor
map size : standard
land form : continents with 80% water
climate/temperature/age : wet/warm/3billion
barbs : sedentary
victory conditions : all (except wonders)
AIs : 6 random, standard agressiveness

We also want to make sure that we start on 2 seperate continents (but they can be as far or reachable as you want, both of us being seafearing). There can be more than 2 continents of course, but don't tweak the map too much.

Thanks to the future godfather of this game !! [goodjob]

EDIT (2004/02/03) : We founded out the biq file wasn't correctly set up, sorry Plux (see several posts below for details). I have already had a glance at the minimap, because I opened the biq so as to re-set the game up. [blush2] And some options were impossible to change unless by editing the biq itself (implies seeing the map [blush2] ). So we decided to ask for a brand new map with the same settings. Random seed SHOULD be preserved !! No culturally linked, no AI respawn (those were correct)... If a veteran mapmaker can make this map quite quickly, we'll be very very happy !! [goodjob]

Here is the link to a new thread, where the biq is available : interested people should make a request to Killer, so that he can make a savegame for you :
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1451

Plux
30-01-2004, 18:27
I'll take on this one a bit later if that's ok :)

Lt. Killer M
31-01-2004, 09:18
plux, take your time, we will do a powersession at the start and that means we can't 'go' before I am back on Monday at the earliest. A few days later isn't too bad either!

thanx!!!

Plux
03-02-2004, 00:32
Here's my map, I hope you'll like it. If your not in a real hurry, you might want to have the biq checked by one of the more experienced mapmakers, though :)

Download Attachment: icon_paperclip.gif KillerKryszt.biq (http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Plux/20042303057_KillerKryszt.biq)
46.3KB

Download Attachment: icon_paperclip.gif KrysKill.SAV (http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Plux/20042303025_KrysKill.SAV)
75.95KB

pw: Admin
pw Krys: krys
Pw Killer: kill

enjoy! :)

Lt. Killer M
03-02-2004, 09:02
Plux, thank you very much indeed! [thumbsup]

Socrates
03-02-2004, 10:13
Thanks a lot Plux !

I wouldn't mind if someone checked the map, though I could start as it is now.

Killer, I'm awaiting you on MSN. [cool]

Lt. Killer M
03-02-2004, 10:30
you are not being shown as 'online' to me [mad]

;)

Socrates
03-02-2004, 11:55
Hey wait !

I'm at work currently. I was saying that as for like once a day. Tonight it's OK for me to start.

My sentence was meant to be understood in another way, I hope I make sense. ;) I'm still waiting for you, if you now see what I mean. [evil]

Plux
03-02-2004, 11:56
Your welcome. Needless to say I want you to update your spoiler as often as possible :)

Lt. Killer M
03-02-2004, 11:59
quote:Originally posted by kryszcztov

Hey wait !

I'm at work currently. I was saying that as for like once a day. Tonight it's OK for me to start.

My sentence was meant to be understood in another way, I hope I make sense. ;) I'm still waiting for you, if you now see what I mean. [evil]

that's why I included a ;)
;)

tonight is a possible, but not before 21:00.

ERIKK
03-02-2004, 20:45
Ok here it is: all ai's on mountains, they have 0 points at the beginning of the 2nd turn

Download Attachment: icon_paperclip.gif Killer of the Spanish, 3950 BC.SAV (http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/ERIKK/200423204518_Killer of the Spanish, 3950 BC.SAV)
72.27*KB

this one:

Download Attachment: icon_paperclip.gif Killer of the Spanish, 3950 BC2.SAV (http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/ERIKK/20042321345_Killer of the Spanish, 3950 BC2.SAV)
72.76KB

Lt. Killer M
03-02-2004, 20:49
erik, thank you very much! I really appreciate you did this on such short notice!

Socrates
03-02-2004, 22:51
We decided to stop playing on this map quickly, because the map wasn't properly set up. Random seed not being preserved was a no-no for us. And we got through several biq re-editing (thanks people) before finding us to open the biq ourselves. We don't want to edit the biq ourselves, so we give this map to whoever wants it (see link in the 1st edited post).

Sorry Plux, but we really wanted the game to be correctly set up. And thanks to your work, some other people will play on your map. [cool] Maybe you should read the topic about how to make a map in details ? Skyfish made some good job about it, I think.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1343

I don't intend to be rude. You're a friend of mine now. [coool] Your next map will be perfect.

Plux
03-02-2004, 23:15
I think I missed that part about the random seed [blush], because I did have that thread open when I was preparing the map. I guess it was a little too late for me when I finished the sav [sleep]. I do hope that some pair of players will want take on this map (it's only a small step to edit it again to make it playable for others), because I really think the map is worth while.

Lt. Killer M
03-02-2004, 23:18
Plux, I have looked at it in the editor and it looks really good :D I am sure someone will take it!

Skyfish
04-02-2004, 11:05
I will make this one tonite guys !

Skyfish
04-02-2004, 22:30
Ok here it is the admin pw is : admin
use it to change your pw on the first turn.

PLEASE DO NOT PAY ATTENTION to the scores : this is Emperor level trust me, I have fully tested this...

Download Attachment: icon_paperclip.gif KillerMvKryz, 3950 BC.SAV (http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/skyfish/20042422295_KillerMvKryz, 3950 BC.SAV)
73.94KB

Skyfish
08-02-2004, 11:13
quote:Random seed not being preserved was a no-no for us

I need your help here guys : How did you realize the .sav was with "random seed not preserved" just by looking at the biq ?
[dunno]
I had no idea you could actually do this and would like to know how you found out, as I use the Editor quite a lot for my MapMaking job ?
It would be very useful to know how you did this, thanks!

Socrates
08-02-2004, 11:54
This is what I did, using the 46.3 KB biq posted by Plux.

I downloaded it in my Conquests\Scenarios folder. Then I went to the multiplayer interface in C3C, selecting PBEM. There, I chose "scenario" in "game" mode. I selected the biq, but at that point my eyes fell upon the minimap. :( And there, only one civ is set up : me as the Byzantines. I've just taken a screenshot from that point :

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/kryszcztov/200428115642_BiqSetUp.JPG
36.33KB

You can't see the whole thing, but you can see what's up for secondary options. I marked the "preserved random seed" with a red cross, and as you can see, it seems "off" and unchangeable. The other options look good : cultural linked starting positions and AI respawn are off (on the left), and cultural flips are on (on the right), all of them ticked in green.

Now I might be wrong, so tell me. [crazyeye]

DrAlimentado
10-02-2004, 00:18
I wonder... I don't fully trust the mp screen btw, hmm....

Skyfish
10-02-2004, 06:19
Yeah ...me thinks the same...but I should talk to Plux since he produced the Biq : to know how he could get to that result [crazyeye]

Plux
10-02-2004, 08:14
You can tweak these game settings in the scenario editor, so they are predestined when starting a scenario. I'm not sure where exactly, and I can't look it up at work right now, but it's there somewhere. I recall seeing them and switching preserve random seed off deliberately. I don't know why I did that though, but I got confused whether it should be on or off. Must have been [drunk] or smth..

Skyfish
10-02-2004, 09:02
[stoned]

(please try to find where it was because i have never seen and I am too lazy to look for it [:p] )