PDA

View Full Version : kryszcztov v Skyfish - MAP MADE

Socrates
30-01-2004, 13:43
Shyfish the fool decided to challenge me !

version : C3C 1.15 beta
player 1 : kryszcztov - Persians
player 2 : Skyfish - Iroquois
difficulty level : Emperor
map size : standard
land form : pangea with 70% water
climate/temperature/age : standard
barbs : roaming
victory conditions : all (except wonders ?)
AIs : 6 random, standard agressiveness

Thanks to the future mapmaker ! [goodjob]

It appears the game will start in 3950BC : is this still the case ? How does that affect the game, regarding us and the AIs ? Will I call 3950BC : turn 0 (as the starting turn) or turn 1 (like when 4000BC is turn 0) ?

Aggie
30-01-2004, 13:51
Today, tomorrow or sunday will be the day that I can make this map :D

Aggie
31-01-2004, 10:56
I am sorry. I have PC troubles and internet and Civ are not on one PC anymore. I spare you the details... It would take too much effort to make this map. I don't expect an improvement soon :(

ERIKK
31-01-2004, 22:51
I will do it tomorrow. :)

Skyfish
31-01-2004, 23:22
Thanks a lot mate !
[worship]

ERIKK
01-02-2004, 13:56
Ok, here it is.

I made certain that the AI's are strong, it is an Emperor game after all... The map is edited on:
- land masses and types of landmasses near starting locs
- starting locations
- bonus resources, strategic resources
- distances and number of luxes
- no def=3 ai's nearby (special request of Sky the w00z)

Admin pw = pbem
p1 pw = cdz
p2 pw = cdz2

Download Attachment: icon_paperclip.gif Skyfish of the Iroquois, 3950 BC.SAV (http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/ERIKK/200421134755_Skyfish of the Iroquois, 3950 BC.SAV)
50.1*KB

Kryszcztov don't let the name of the save fool you. It is the first playerturn of turn 2. You just name the save KvsS001a.SAV when you sent it to Sky. Consider the first turn lost. If you want to change the pw, type in the admin pw and then, when asked, a new one.

If you have more questions, just ask over here and someone will answer shortly :)

Skyfish ;) change the name of this thread to - MAP MADE please.

Skyfish
01-02-2004, 14:51
Thanks Erikk!

Socrates
01-02-2004, 15:29
Thanks a lot ERIKK ! [cool]

"no def=3 ai's nearby" : what does it mean ? Is it civs that have hoplites ? [???]

OK, when I first open the save, I come upon my 3950BC turn, is that right ? What's the common naming of PBEM saves ?

ERIKK
01-02-2004, 15:35
quote:Originally posted by kryszcztov

Thanks a lot ERIKK ! [cool]

"no def=3 ai's nearby" : what does it mean ? Is it civs that have hoplites ? [???]

OK, when I first open the save, I come upon my 3950BC turn, is that right ? What's the common naming of PBEM saves ?

- Yup, Sky requested no strong defenders as neighbours.
- Yeah, that's right.
- You: KvsS001a.SAV and then Sky: KvsS001b.SAV, you agian KvsS002a.SAV for you etc etc, that is the common naming around here.

Socrates
03-02-2004, 23:15
Just checking the game, after our problems with Killer in our game... :D

Erikk, AIs all have cities in the 1st turn !! [blush2] Can you do something about it ? And check if random seed is preserved, culturally linked is off, AI respawn is off ? Tanks a lot for fixing and checking everything once again.

ERIKK
04-02-2004, 09:18
Err... I can check it tonight. Respawn, culturally linked amd random seed are standard turn off AFAIK.

About the 1st turn thing you ought to know by now... ;)

One more time, for the lurkers: in order to be able to save a turn we must pass the first turn (by pressing spacebar), therefore all ai's will have a city on your first turn. The 'skip first turn option in the editor does not work properly.

Lt. Killer M
04-02-2004, 10:02
quote:Originally posted by ERIKK

One more time, for the lurkers: in order to be able to save a turn we must pass the first turn (by pressing spacebar), therefore all ai's will have a city on your first turn. The 'skip first turn option in the editor does not work properly.

the solution being to set AI starts on mountains so they must move 1 turn, too.

Plux
04-02-2004, 11:33
I wonder what theorerically is worse: the AI starting on mountains with the opportunity to have a proper look around from the mountain before they settle, or an immediate settlement in a possible not-optimal location.

Of course, practically speaking, the AI judgement of city sites makes the reasoning above pretty redundant ;)

Socrates
04-02-2004, 12:01
Well, I know the AI is aware of every resource before they get the tech to see it. What I don't know is if the AI has knowledge of the entire map in 4000BC, which wouldn't surprise me.

On the very 1st turn, the AI always settles in the starting tile. Now, being on mountains on the very 1st turn, they have to make a choice, so they may get a better spot for their capital because it will be asked to think of the area... even though the AI isn't very skilled in city placement. After all, if it were, the AI would always have placed its cities using an RCP pattern (before C3C) : killer placement, easy to calculate (for him). [goodjob] I'm glad I came here after the RCP mess. :D

Skyfish
04-02-2004, 12:35
Erikk it s OK I am sure the random seed is ON, it is standard as you say. It s actually time consuming to check so
we will just play with the save you already posted.

ERIKK
04-02-2004, 19:00
I left it on default rules:
Culturally linked start on
Respawn ai players on (whoops) [blush]
Preserve Random seed on
Allow cultural Conversions on

These are the normal rules, AFAIK we used to switch off the respawning because it is annoying!
Since the game is on Emperor you might kill off an Ai and get the goodies [groucho]

;)

If you want it reset I will do it.

Skyfish
04-02-2004, 19:29
Erikk you seem to think Emperor is "easy" but I beg to differ sorry :
- C3C plays one level higher because the usual tactics do not work anymore (mass upgrades, min sci gamble)
- we are playing very restrictive rules (RBCiv)

AI respawn is [not] cool... [sad] but forget it we'll do with it...

Socrates
04-02-2004, 19:33
If you want it reset I will do it.
Well, I already have sent my 1st turn to Skyfish, but I won't mind at all if Skyfish wants to restart (mostly because of AI respawn, I'd guess !). If you hear no news from Skyfish, don't bother. If he asks you to fix that, could you also switch off culturally links, and possibly put mountains on AIs' starting tiles ? [blush] If it doesn't take hours of course. Skyfish doesn't care about those mountains, but if you change one thing, why not 2 other things ? :D

BTW (if you change that), I will play the exact set of moves ! Even though I think I didn't make the best ones, I will redo them as I did, so don't worry about that. One has to live with his errors (well, I'm not to the point of a major fault, but that's a general statement).

ERIKK
04-02-2004, 20:33
Reading the two posts it looks like you will play on then. And as you play RBCiv, killing off an
ai before the AD's might be a slim chance! Culturally linked is a no no as I preselected and
placed the ai's by myself! ;)

Socrates
04-02-2004, 21:42

Reading the two posts it looks like you will play on then. And as you play RBCiv, killing off an
ai before the AD's might be a slim chance! Culturally linked is a no no as I preselected and
placed the ai's by myself! ;)

Yeah I would have never stood a chance to get into the GOTM top 10, if I had kept on playing with RBCiv rules... I even found myself stopping buying workers from the AI at any time, because I found out it was really unfair for the poor AI... [crazyeye]

As for preselected civs, maybe you could have gone with more agricultural civs (5 already, including Skyfish) !! :D

ERIKK
04-02-2004, 21:46
hehe, time to show us your talents, right? [groucho]