PDA

View Full Version : Request thread - USELESS

Socrates
30-01-2004, 00:31
This is the place where to ask for a game with me, if you're brave enough to do so. You're welcome to tell some of the game settings under which you'd like to play. I'll post a "game request" announcement from time to time, after which your requests can flood this thread. Then I'll post a "game request closing" announcement as I have found my next foe. [evil]

Lt. Killer M
30-01-2004, 01:19
me! Me! ME!!!!!!!!!

[lol]

somehow, it has become a, well, kind of an initiation rite around CDZ to play 'Killer' first - and take your first step up the ladder.
This is becaus I refuse to micromanage and check diplo every turn - so if you want an upwards trend on the ladder - I'm in!

Socrates
30-01-2004, 01:35
Yeah, curiously I was told this a few days ago : Killer for a 1st game. Well, I could give it a go... except I have to know if you're ready to play a game with the Epics spirit. [coool] I can tell you that I refuse to use RoP and all kind of AI abusive moves, and other cheats and bugs... see the list (dastardly moves are allowed in standard Epics games). Of course this is multiplayer (and C3C !), so the environment is different from solo games (and PTW !), but there are still some AIs to deal with, and we can agree on respectable rules between both human players (I don't know what they can really be, if anyone can enlighten me).

With Skyfish wishing to challenge me, I think I got my 2 starting games. [goodjob] Both of you, if you can agree on those lines, and tell a bit of your preferences for the game (map, number of AIs, barbs, level, civ...). If both of you reply here, then consider this topic on freeze for some time !

Plux
30-01-2004, 08:06
Check Beam's thread on the human-human rules that could apply (sorry, too lazy rigth now to look it up for you :D)

ProPain
30-01-2004, 10:38
You might wanna use the Opponent finding forum (http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=35) because that's where most people check.

And good luck against Killer, playing Killer has become some sort of initiation rite around here. [lol]

Lt. Killer M
30-01-2004, 11:12
hey, honorable is fine with me - that means I do not again encounter anarres and beams lame coastal worker blocakde [mad]

I'll be gone unitl Sunday, so maybe we can start early next week?

As for the map and civ choice: I'll have to think about that - honorable rules means the game is a lot different.....

Skyfish
30-01-2004, 11:34
[coool]
We'll have to agree on the rules but I dont see any problems.
My only request is to play on a Pangea map as I dont have any pangea game atm.
Emperor level would be nice no ?

Socrates
30-01-2004, 11:59
OK, ProPain, noted. What's so special about Killer ? [???]

Killer, don't get confused between playing "honorably" and playing "with the Epics spirit" (can't find better words). Folks at RBCiv divide some critical moves into 2 categories : dastardly moves and exploits. Latter ones are always disallowed, but dastardly moves are acceptable in any standard RBCiv game (otherwise indicated). Every player who will play with me (if I feel like playing along those lines all the time) should take a close look at this page :
http://www.realmsbeyond.net/civ/etactics.html

About human-human rules, I think I could go with what is described in this topic (Beam's one) :
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1306
Skyfish, are you still up to compile a list ?

About game settings : I intend to play via MSN, if it suits you. That way, we can quickly be warned when the save is sent, and talk at the same time. So, both of you, you may want to send your e-mail adress via PM (unless I can get it through your profile, I dunno). Then we could discuss game settings on MSN.

This thread is not meant to argue about settings, just game requests with a little idea of what the game could be. I'll also take a look at the opponent finding forum from time to time.

anarres
30-01-2004, 12:13
kryszcztov, you can put your msm in your profile so it is easy for people to find. Killer and Sky's msm addresses can be found this way...

ProPain
30-01-2004, 12:25
quote:Originally posted by kryszcztov

OK, ProPain, noted. What's so special about Killer ? [???]

Nothing much (j/k killer) except that he likes to play everyone who visits CDZ. I think you cant find anyone around here who hasnt played against killer at least once.

Lt. Killer M
30-01-2004, 14:40
@PP: oh, our mexican friend refuses to play me! ;)

@k: I am fine with whatever rules you want, allowing dastardly or banning them!

DrAlimentado
30-01-2004, 15:01
Hi kryszcztov :)

click here for msm addys:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/DrAlimentado/200413015048_msm icon circled.jpg
6.72KB

Irigy
15-02-2004, 16:53
Let me know if you're looking for one more PBEM... :) (or when you have the capacity and don't know who to play against...)

Socrates
15-02-2004, 20:10
Irigy, I will surely play you in the future, but I don't plan to play more than 2 PBEMs at a time, this is already enough for me. So once one of my 2 current games (vs Skyfish and Killer) finishes, I'll look for an opponent. So you're welcome to ask for a game, even in advance. :)

Remember all that I like to play along RBCiv rules, even though some of them are obsolete with C3C. Anyone can make a game suggestion here, with game settings, special requests and everything... This is the place where you can defy me ! [evil]

Socrates
22-03-2004, 00:59
Well, Irigy, I don't know if you're still around, but because you asked me first, I can agree on playing you for my next game. Skyfish has just beaten me, and so I'm left with 1 game now (which slowed down a lot lately, BTW ! :D ). So if you wanna play with me, make your general request here and we'll be rolling. Note that I play with RBCiv rules only (dastardly moves allowed). And also note that I won't be able to play before the last days of March, which gives me time to wait for a map too... If Irigy doesn't show up, anyone can challenge me !! [coool]

Socrates
27-05-2004, 17:45
A little note to say that, so far :
- I have finished 1 PBEM with someone (Skyfish) who appears to have cheated in PBEMs (though I think and hope not in mine) ; it was a fun one (from which I learnt stuff), though it was short, too short ;
- I have ended 1 PBEM with someone (Killer) who doesn't want to play anymore ;
- I have retired from an 8-player PBEM in which the admin player was too dictatorial ;
- I am still in 2 PBEMs, one going well (Aggie, though I screwed up my opening with that damned wonder), another one freezed (Stapel, dunno if/when we'll resume it).

Add to this that I spent too much time playing them (yes I am a micro-manager and proud of it), and writing the spoilers. Just because I don't see the fun in writing such detailed spoilers for games that went too short, or ended, or aren't being played, I now don't think I'll write much in the future. Just like other folks here, anyway. I was kinda unlucky for my 1st games (I said "kinda", not "really"), so it's a matter of worth the time and heart and energy to put into it.

Enough said. I'll still be here playing, but don't expect me to do what I've done so far. "Burnout", you ask ? "Kinda", I'll answer.

Socrates
19-11-2004, 21:17
I think this thread isn't of use anymore, so I de-stickied it, but I've just seen a quicker option for that which doesn't make the thread as updated.

Shabbaman
09-08-2005, 16:42
You could use it for civ4 obviously.

Socrates
09-08-2005, 16:50
You could delete one of your posts. ;) EDIT : done :D

Nah, MSN is a LOT better to ask for a game. And now that I know the people at CDZ, I can also ask them directly by PM about a game. I prefer to want to play versus someone than to play with this or that map, this or that civ, etc...

BTW, I hope that mods can create sub-forums withtin their own with vBulletin. I could store Civ3's related material in a Civ3 sub-forum, and have a brand new sub-forum for Civ4. What about ?

Shabbaman
09-08-2005, 17:12
You could delete one of my posts as well ;)

I'm looking forward to civ4 multiplayer. The persistent server sounds like a neat way to run mp games. Besides that, I'm pretty bored with civ3 anyway.

Socrates
09-08-2005, 17:24
Me too, I'm quite bored with it, but it's not only emotional boredom, but also rational boredom (see my rants ;) ). The only thing in Civ3 that I really like today is when I'm in a team : the Superfast game is a nice way to say goodbye to Civ3 at CDZ, and the ISDG is the mandatory game to show our might ! ;)

The PitBoss server sounds interesting, maybe it will replace Matrix's turn tracker ? [:p] Maybe we won't need to email saves anymore ?