PDA

View Full Version : Welcome...

Markstar
27-01-2004, 11:36
[hmm]
What are you doing here? How did you get here?

Mmh, o.k., since you are here now, I'll tell you what to expect from Markstar's forum besides spoiler threads:

- I'm trying to set up a little data base / sheet with playing times for everybody. So when trying to find an opponent, you can just look at the times (and maybe preferred Level) and see who can play whenever you have time. I tried to establish the idea over at CFC, but I don't know if ppl appreciated it. Anyways, I realize it maybe does not make so much sense here, since there are far fewer players and most of them are from europe anyways. I think I'll do it anyways and then see what the response is. [estwing]

- Then there is of course the small talk and everything else that might come up. Since I'm new to this and usual not a frequent forum poster, we'll just have to see how things develop...

Thanks
Markstar

P.S.: Just to make it clear again: My name is NOT Mark, it's Markus! [rolleyes]

digger760
27-01-2004, 11:50
Welcom to CDZ markstar, and here is the obligatory intiation gesture:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/digger760/2004127114932_out.jpeg
12.58KB

Melifluous
27-01-2004, 11:56
Plus a post from me...

Just to keep the ball rolling...

You say you are Markus and not Mark, but is your last name really Star?

[:p]

Welcome and welcommen...

Melifluous

Lt. Killer M
27-01-2004, 12:58
it must be Starus!

Beam
27-01-2004, 16:03
Congrats with your forum Markstar, just a reminder on CDZ's Prime Directive:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Beam/20041271633_06-25-spam-king.jpg
11.18KB

Pastorius
27-01-2004, 17:13
Hey Star. Good to see ya.

Obviously I have to be the voice of reason:

http://home.zonnet.nl/forum_spam3/thread_related/thread_misc/images/0324.jpg

Give me a few years to become a decent civ player, and we ll get together for a game, no?

Markstar
27-01-2004, 17:54
I started having that as my nickname when I began playing Civ (that was over 11 years ago), I was pretty young (12) and my english sucked (we start 10 here in Germany, plus I'm not what you'd call a natural. [???]). I realize it is not the perfect nick, but I don't really want to change it after such a long time...

Anyways, I'm glad to be here and hope I'll have the time to stirr things up a little here. [:p]

WildFire
27-01-2004, 18:06
Wonder when EA is gonna find this...

anarres
27-01-2004, 18:17
Hehe! Well, I get the feeling our game is over soon, I suggest you start some looking for more opponents now...

Oh, and actually answering Meli's tripe comments only make him more rabid. ;)

Markstar
27-01-2004, 19:07
quote:Originally posted by anarres

Hehe! Well, I get the feeling our game is over soon, I suggest you start some looking for more opponents now...

What? [eek] Why? [scratch] When? [???]

I should have known - people were warning me about you (that you'd rush me soon), but I thought I wasn't doing THAT bad.
...And I was just about to start a spoiler thread for our game. [cry]
quote:Oh, and actually answering Meli's tripe comments only make him more rabid. ;)
I know, but changing my nick has been on my mind a couple of times throughout the years, so I felt kind of obligated to respond to all the fuss about my name...

Melifluous
28-01-2004, 11:23
quote:Originally posted by anarres

Oh, and actually answering Meli's tripe comments only make him more rabid. ;)

Ok well I'm not going to respond to that, I shall endeavour to navigate the moral high-ground.

Oh bugger this for a game of soldiers...

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/melifluous/2004128112157_bunny.jpg
49.1*KB

Melifluous

PS. MarkStar? Thanks for the informative insight into the educational practices of the Germans.

dont mention ze war

Ehecatl Atzin
16-02-2004, 19:08
quote:Originally posted by WildFire

Wonder when EA is gonna find this...

I only sniff out virgin forums :D once they've been, um, deflowered (by someone other than me)... I've lost all interest [fdevil]

Welcome Markus! lotsa fun in here... just don't step on the spam dropings....

Markstar
11-03-2004, 10:18
Argh, 2 months and I'm already committed??? 105 posts. Mmh, I think I'm spending too much time here (and playing Civ) instead of actually studying for my exams. Not good. But fun place to be. [goodjob]

Maybe I should finally change the topic of my forum, just can't think of an ingenious line...[mischief]