PDA

View Full Version : Results day 11 season 21

Bootstoots
26-01-2004, 02:15
quote:
Fairly good weather for football had drawn a crowd of 10100 to Yellow Boots Arena. Yellow started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Mcmahan - Haas, Knott, Harley - Brunner, Borgstedt, Wahl, Esparza, Cody - Tomlin, Burney.

Munksters had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Andersson - Terry, Taylor, Kenney - Quarles, Dockery, Neumann, Campesino, Pence - Björkby, Gerber.

2 minutes into the game Chris Taylor was a hair´s breadth away from giving Munksters the lead. A prompt block by Ronny Mcmahan saved the home team that time. What ever got into Paul Wahl, the crowd mumbled, as he suddenly struck a cross pass through the own defense - ending up right in front of Munksters´s Ross Quarles, who easily put the ball away for 0-1. The visitors Félix Campesino took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and central backs in the 19:th minute. 0 - 2 for Munksters. The structure of the game started to change as Munksters decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. In the 32nd minute Yellows Cary Haas received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. After 34 minutes a combination in the middle resulted in a through ball for Benjamin Terry who increased Munksters´s lead to 0 - 3. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Yellow´s Theodore Burney got himself booked. Yellow didn´t give in and in the 38:th minute Luther Harley was able to put the 1 - 3 goal away after a play from the right. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Munksters´s Ross Quarles got himself booked. The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 3. Munksters held the ball, with a clear 52 percent possession rate.

In the 50:th minute the home team was awarded a penalty. The guest´s keeper did dive the right way, but Omar Cody was still able to reduce the score to 2 - 3. Yellow´s Theodore Burney made a successful breakthrough attempt in the game´s 54:th minute and should have levelled the score, but clipped it over the bar. After 71 minutes of game time Stephen Gerber received an excellent opportunity to add to the visitors lead, clipping a volley hooked in from the right, but Ronny Mcmahan was in the right place, tipping the ball to a corner. Benjamin Terry of Munksters received a yellow card in the 76:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Munksters´s Stephen Gerber left the field after 78 minutes because of a nasty blow to the shin. His replacement was Andy Guevara. Munksters held the ball, with a clear 55 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Yellow player was without a doubt Ronny Mcmahan. Trevor Esparza on the other hand, had a terrible day. Munksters´s best player was Francis Pence. Andy Guevara on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 2 - 3.
My match of the season and I lost. My team spirit is down to furious, but fortunately my supporters and sponsors don't seem to mind. At least I gave the first-ranked Munksters their first close game since they started playing (my entire series joined about a month ago) and didn't have a low possession rate. I still have yet to score more than 2 goals in any game, though. [crazyeye]

Melifluous
26-01-2004, 07:14
quote:
Weather conditions were fairly good for football, and Meli's Manglers Arena saw a crowd turnout of 8173. Manglers started off with a 3-4-3 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Cabezas - Spreadbury, Venkataraman, Bryan - Hornabrook, Alistair, Davis, Knell - Verspoor, Greenwood, Turner.

EAGLES1 tactics involved an interesting 4-4-2 combination. Lineup: Musialik - Stan, Lusuardi, Hamilton, Spitsbaard - Gustavsson, Hansson, Martínez, Chandra - MacPherson, Furió.

Manglers seemed to prefer attacking in the middle. Manglers were very close to putting themselves one up in the 3rd minute as Adam Davis got through, but failing in concentration, he shot the ball wide. In the games 30:th minute Manglers´s Mark Verspoor fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Mark Verspoor for taking a dive. Some quick foot work on the left side of the field in the 31st minute left EAGLES1´s Ryan MacPherson completely free to score. 0 - 1 for the visitors. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 1. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Manglers, with an impressive 59 percent possession of the ball.

EAGLES1´s Ryan MacPherson made it through the home teams defence in the 60:th minute, and had only to place the ball in an unguarded goal when the home side´s defender sprang up from the left, clearing the ball on the line. Ian Turner pulled a real crowd pleaser as he, in the 63rd minute, wove through the guests whole central defense line and put the 1 - 1 equaliser away. Daniel Furió of EAGLES1 received a yellow card in the 64:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. In the 64:th minute the home side managed to get a 2 - 1 lead as Alan Hornabrook flipped the ball after a cross pass from the right. Unsportsmanlike behaviour by Daniel Furió rendered him his second booking of the match, and EAGLES1 had to finish the game with a reduced squad. A corner kick created great disorder in the penalty area, but at last Manglers´s Richard Alistair was able to shove the ball in. 3-1. A well placed corner kick from David Spreadbury was followed by Aatmaj Venkataraman´s hard but accurate header. The nice combination meant goal for Manglers. The result now 4-1. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Manglers, with an impressive 54 percent possession of the ball.

Manglers´s best player was Walsh Greenwood. However, Ian Turner made a disastrous appearance. Most important EAGLES1 player was Ryan MacPherson. Anders Hansson was a disappointment, however. The match ends 4 - 1.

My favourite minute of this game was the one where the oppositions forward got a yellow, I scored and he got another yellow and was sent off ;)

4-1 against 4th place man. MoS and AIM paid off for me. His whole team was Solid except wretched midfield and passable left defence. I had a poor midfield (my first non-wretched midfield) and I played 3-4-3. Bloody good game, my second league win so far ;)

Melifluous

ProPain
26-01-2004, 08:32
quote:
2753 spectators arrived at The Bavelse Kom, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Bavel started off with a 4-4-2 lineup. They fielded: van Rijn - Sandino, van Haselen, Heinen, Bagolini - Dekker, Zuidema, van der Werff, van Beesd - Dassen, de Jong.

PP had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Pietrek - Tafro, van Zeeland, van Bommel - Waltmans, Sörensson, Daemen, Boote, Bakker - Drent, Beugels.

PP´s Sjors Drent could have put the guests one up in the 13th minute, chasing a through ball but Philip van Rijn was fast as a snake, grabbing the ball from under his nose. 27 minutes into the game Gerko Tafro was a hair´s breadth away from giving PP the lead. A prompt block by Philip van Rijn saved the home team that time. PP appeared unsure on how to play. After 37 minutes, Arnout de Jong swiftly ran past Ludo van Zeeland to put away the 1-0 goal. Visitors Rolf Beugels was alert on a play coming in from the left, making the score a tie at 1 - 1 in the 37:th minute. Bavels Koos Heinen got himself booked after a foul. Due to a severely mistimed tackle,Roman Pietrek spent some time on the grass writhing in agony before he could get up and continue the game. PP seemed to suffer a certain amount of confusion about the organization of the team. The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 1. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Bavel, with an impressive 57 percent possession of the ball.

The PP players spent the half-time break getting a rerun of the teams tactical organization. The referee showed Bavels Ezra Zuidema the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Jelmer Waltmans of PP received a yellow card in the 75:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Bavel made a bid to take the lead as a ball coming in from the right hand side left Koos Heinen completely alone with keeper Roman Pietrek, who made a spectacular block. Bavel held the ball, with a clear 53 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Bavel player was without a doubt Philip van Rijn. Ezra Zuidema on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating PP player was without a doubt Rolf Beugels. Peter Sörensson was a disappointment, however. The match ends 1 - 1.

A draw, best result in the league ever, but still it isn't a win[cry]

Shabbaman
26-01-2004, 08:36
quote:Weather conditions were fairly good for football, and Sint Kees Stadion saw a crowd turnout of 10000. Shabba tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Aupperlee - Ramsaur, Couso, Geluk - de Ruijsscher, de Maat, van Dijken, Romano, Decker - Oorburg, ten Cate.

Beertjes started off with a 5-3-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Boormans - Froon, Kouwenberg, Herder, Vonken, Robben - de Jager, Nieuwdorp, Gootjes - Mörth, Hoogerbeets.

Beertjes clearly had decided to counter-attack when they could, using their passable talent for it. Florian Vonken received some harsh words from his coach after he acted foolishly, probably out of lack of experience, in the 10:th minute and almost caused an opponent to score. Beertjes managed a counterattack 18 minutes into the game, but Harald Mörth took a soft shot from the left flank that was easy prey for the alert keeper. Beertjes will have to do without Jan Harm de Jager for a time due to a bad foot injury. He was substituted by Bobbie van Vooren. Beertjes appeared unsure on how to play. Shabba took the lead in the 39:th minute of the game by 1 to 0, as Jeremy Oorburg elegantly received a pass going deep, finishing off with a half-volley shot just below the bar. Beertjes seemed to suffer a certain amount of confusion about the organization of the team. The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 0. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Shabba, with an impressive 87 percent possession of the ball.

The Beertjes players spent the half-time break getting a rerun of the teams tactical organization. Beertjess Jurriaan Nieuwdorp got himself booked after a foul. Beertjes had obvious problems in finding their positions. In the 63rd minute Shabba put themselves up 2 - 0. The visitors defenders lost the ball to Jeremy Oorburg coming up from the left, who proceeded to cooly round the goaltender and knock the ball home. Zacheus Gootjes was clearly tired at the end of the game and Jasper de Maat nicked the ball from him, but was unable to put it past the keeper. Jeremy Oorburg increased Shabbas lead to 3 - 0 by putting a header away on a hooked ball from the right. By then Jeremy Oorburg was a three time scorer - a hat trick! Shabbas Yair Romano got himself booked after a foul. Shabba put themselves up 4 - 0 when Jasper de Maat broke through on the right, leaving the entire defensive box behind him. Shabba held the ball, with a clear 91 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Shabba player was without a doubt Sébastien Couso. Jeremy Oorburg was a disappointment, however. Most important Beertjes player was Steven Robben. Harald Mörth on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 4 - 0.

Nice. My worst player scored a hattrick. And my best forward was suspended...

Melifluous
26-01-2004, 10:20
quote:
By then Jeremy Oorburg was a three time scorer - a hat trick!

quote:
Jeremy Oorburg was a disappointment, however.

[crazyeye] What does a player have to do to please these people?? [???]

Melifluous

Shabbaman
26-01-2004, 10:26
[:O]

yndy
26-01-2004, 11:47
quote:7000 spectators had come to nsm Arena this cloudy day. nsm tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Grönby - Åkerquist, Eftimie, Hansen - Filip, Ardeleanu, Badea, Tiriac, Preoteasa - Neagu, Chiritã.

Sticla started off with a 3-4-3 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Vlad - Buzoianu, Albescu, Spiridon - Pahontu, Roland Olsen, Gheorghe, Sinikallio - Bos, Mårtensson, Nygård.

Sticla took the lead after 11 minutes with 0 - 1. Nik Bos placed the ball out of reach for the home sides keeper after a fine move, coming in from the left. Dumitru Gheorghe could have put his team up another one in the 34:th minute, after a rush down the left, but his closing shot hit the post. An indecisive goaltender looked on as a free kick by Sticla´s Dumitru Gheorghe put the visitors up 0 - 2 after 37 minutes. The structure of the game started to change as Sticla decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 2. nsm held the ball, with a clear 52 percent possession rate.

In the 47:th minute the home team was awarded a penalty. The guest´s keeper did dive the right way, but Mihai Ardeleanu was still able to reduce the score to 1 - 2. The visitors Nik Bos took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and central backs in the 73rd minute. 1 - 3 for Sticla. nsm held the ball, with a clear 55 percent possession rate.

Most important nsm player was Marinel Badea. Peter Åkerquist was a disappointment, however. The most dominating Sticla player was without a doubt Nik Bos. Gheorghe Buzoianu was a disappointment, however. The match ends 1 - 3.

Revenge against the only team that defeated me on my ground this season. I let them have the midfield but set the team to score more goals than they could.

yndy
26-01-2004, 11:49
quote:Originally posted by ProPain
After 37 minutes, Arnout de Jong swiftly ran past Ludo van Zeeland to put away the 1-0 goal.
When I looked at your game I thought, how the hell could that team ever score a goal with a wretched attack. And it was the odd Special Event 'Quick vs. Technical'. I've never seen it before.

Melifluous
26-01-2004, 11:58
My favourite line from my match was
quote:
Ian Turner pulled a real crowd pleaser as he, in the 63rd minute, wove through the guests whole central defense line and put the 1 - 1 equaliser away.

Speciality: Unpredictable

Makes me wonder if he went out his way to beat every single one of the defenders, maybe doubling back to pass a few he missed.

Nice [goodjob]

Melifluous

Cruise
26-01-2004, 12:45
I won 5-0 vs the #3 [goodjob]

Was playing 3-5-2, and my centre defender was sent off in the first half.
The #2 in my league lost his match, meaning i have 7 points more than the #2.[estwing]
Next match i am playing the #8, so i am 99.9999% sure to be the champion [party]