PDA

View Full Version : anarres vs Skyfish MY DOWNFALL ****SPOILER****

Skyfish
25-01-2004, 22:31
This is anarres' revenge on my victory over him.
In the last game he was pretty lenient with me and we played it according to *mostly* my rules.
For this one, we play along his rules (see Open Thread).

He started really well the game and I was always behind in the trading game, it was looking pretty bleak at one point :(

Now, after 50 turns, I got my first big break of the game.
I was first to Writing on a min sci run [eek]

The wonder crazed AI all went for Poly and Math it seems, only America got Writing the same turn I did [crazyeye]

Since I am player 1 (for once), I used this to the max, traded for all techs, got all the money in the world and set up phoney wars and nasty MAs vs anarres [mwaha]

I opened an embassy with him at the inter-turn of getting Writing and of course the Agri settler factory is on full power [rolleyes]
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/skyfish/200412522232_Embasssy.jpg

I set up the phoney war/MAs mostly because some Civ had nothing to offer and I wanted to trade all techs in order to not give anar an opportunity for a 2fer...so I bought those MAs for techs. Also I did not know exactly which civ he had contact with, I did not want to buy a costly Embassy to then realize that civ did not have contact with anar and thus not be able to buy them in an Alliance. So I went for the 3 closest civs to him...

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/skyfish/2004125222316_Diplo1750bc.jpg

Thats my situation, except the screenie is not right, I can not run 100% science, I was just checking how many turns I needed to Philo. Also I decided NOT to risk a run at Philo Mono because ALL AIs have writing this turn and a lot will go for it, and looking at anarres min sci run am sure he went for the same as me (Writing at Min) and thus got Writing this turn.
Since he is agri, and already has a higher score am sure that I can not beat him to a Max run at Philo, I chose Literature hopefully to be able to trade it good...

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/skyfish/2004125222716_anarSituation1750.JPG

Heres a funny one : I thought we agreed on no more than 1 MA vs the other human before ahdn but I was wrong, anarres was pissed off because he thought I wanted to negotiate the rules while in the game"...

Anyway he said "I am open to an in-game agreement if u wish" so I said : "How about we agree to 'No MA' for 40 turns and you pay me 250g ?"
His response : "Fuck off"

So, of course, I set up the world vs him next turn :D
After I played the turn and said SENT, he asked this :

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/skyfish/2004125222352_chatAnar.jpg

For those who dont get Dutch, he did block me at the end of the chat [eek]
Gotta love a worked-up anarres :D

Lt. Killer M
26-01-2004, 08:08
hehehehehe

WildFire
26-01-2004, 20:51
anarres is mature eh?

Aggie
26-01-2004, 21:32
Does this really hurt him? It appears to me that he will have a lot of reversed WW. He should also be able to have peace before a next trading round. This is an archi map?

Skyfish
26-01-2004, 22:46
No, it does not hurt him at all. It might just prevent him from running a *total* farmers gambit like I bet he is doing now and it will cost him to get peace again, as I said I only did it because it did not cost me to get the alliance vs him and to be cheeky since he refused my offer to ban alliances temporarily.
:D

Skyfish
11-02-2004, 12:24
This game is turning out into a total disaster [cry]

I have not made that many mistake I would say but anarres is just *cruising* like there is no tomorrow...
Not being Agri is a huge drawback but this is a revenge game and since anarres accepted all my conditions, I accepted all his on this game...[V]

The Literature gambit payed off in the sense that, as predcited, anarres got their first [rolleyes] Since he traded all around it was easy to get and an AI got CoL at about the same time so I could start Rep research rather fast.

Suddenly Republic went down in cost dramatically anarres had it much earlier than expected : his huge adavance in score means he is much bigger than me and I can not compete.

I was ahead in techs while anar was researching Rep though so I got some great trading opps in that time, I got Construction and Monarchy (considered revolting almost) and then could trade for Currency : suddenly I was in MA and of course with my luck the only other sci civ (persia) got the same tech as me : Monotheism...[ponder]

I was like 10 turns behind getting Republic and I thought anar would never trade for it to make useof his advantage. Suddenly he traded for it to get into the Middle Age and used it to get the Arabs to declare on me [rolleyes]

The timing is not that bad i have a few horses online and the mountains are perfectly set up for AI traps, the arabs only send archers and warriors at me for the moment. I will have Rep jsut on time to sign peace with Arabia, total I will be max 10 turns later than him.

The game is still lost though...

Skyfish
11-02-2004, 12:29
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/skyfish/200421112367_Situation925bc.jpg
149.96KB