PDA

View Full Version : From the theatre of chips

col
24-01-2004, 23:11
So we bow out to Chelsea 0-1.

Our team cost £2000; theirs cost in excess of £100 million.

Yet we dreamt. And how close we were.

It wasnt a promising start. Lampard hit a guided missile from 35 yards that dipped and bent - and hit the post. Gudjonssson is everywhere. Our players looked tiny compated to theirs and we conceded from a corner after 10 mins. But we dug in. And slowly we began to fight back.
We ran, We tackled. We hussled. 0-1 at half time.

We had to defend . We hung on. yet Terry is their best player in defence. Chelsea take off a forward to shore up their defence with Manu Petit. They're scared!

And then a chance. Yes! No - he heads it at the keeper.

10 mins to go. Scarborough are pressing. Unbelievably Chelsea are wasting time against a team in the middle of the conference. The ball balloons up into the air. Gallas puts his hand up and takes it off the head of the forwards. Penalty, we cry.

Who's going to take it? What if we miss.

But wait. Everyone in the ground has seen it. The TV cameras have seen it. Three people didnt see it. All wear black. A clear penalty and we dont get it. Bollocks.

Daylight robbery. Dreams are snatched away. We fight. We press. But Chelsea hang on.

Pride intact. So nearly. What might have been. What a game. The FA Cup. Nowt like it.

Bastards in black.

[cry]

Melifluous
24-01-2004, 23:41
Watching the match now on MOTD.

Who were the premiership team again?

Still the revenue from the match should help them no end...

Great game. Could have been so much more.

Just heard the commentator refer to the pitch as a 'pudding of a pitch' McCains for pudding? :vomit:

Melifluous

Skyfish
25-01-2004, 06:55
And that was me always thinkin your team was Manchester United ? [groucho]
Great report btw [goodjob]

col
25-01-2004, 16:59
I grew up supporting Manchester United - but I've lived in Scarborough for 25 years. Everyone is very proud of the fight that the Scarborough team put up against one of the best teams in Europe.