PDA

View Full Version : Results day 10 season 21

Bootstoots
19-01-2004, 03:16
Played my fourth league game today. Here are the results:
quote:Originally posted by Hattrick

3720 spectators arrived at Capricornios Arena, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Capricornios had chosen a strategic incomprehensible 6-3-1 formation. The following players had been chosen: Duran - Boggs, Mcleod, Okeefe, Weldon, Hood, Henry - Rivera, Mcintosh, Gilliland - Parker.

Yellow had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Mcmahan - Toth, Knott, Haas, Harley - Wahl, Raines, Esparza, Cody - Tomlin, Burney.

Capricornios were very close to putting themselves one up in the 12th minute as Shannon Mcleod got through, but failing in concentration, he shot the ball wide. Capricornios appeared unsure on how to play. Seemingly due to lack of experience, Justo Rivera needlessly tripped an opponent just outside the penalty area, but the free kick that followed didn't succeed. In the 32nd minute the visitors broke through on the right after some poor defending and Theodore Burney put the ball away for 0 - 1. 35 minutes into the game Yellow were awarded a penalty and Omar Cody was able to increase the visitors lead to 0 - 2 rolling the ball in by the right post. After this Yellow lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts. Praxedis Duran kept the home side in the game with a magnificient save, as Omar Cody delivered an almost perfect free kick to the far cross bar. Burton Weldon challenged the visitors full backs eagerly, producing a good chance in the 40:th minute as he went for a through ball combination. But as so many times before, the guest´s defensive efforts got the best of it. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 2. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Yellow, with an impressive 56 percent possession of the ball.

During the break Capricornios´s coach went through the teams new tactics yet again. Capricornios, bringing the final ball possession rate to 61 percent, dominated the battle.

The most dominating Capricornios player was without a doubt Shannon Mcleod. However, Alexander Boggs made a disastrous appearance. The most dominating Yellow player was without a doubt Billie Tomlin. Danny Raines on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 0 - 2.

I won, but it wasn't as big of a victory as I was hoping for. I wsa playing the 8th ranked team in the series, who had previously never lost by fewer than 4 goals and are famous for their 6-2-2 and 6-3-1 formations. I didn't even play it cool like I was originally planning. And the 5th ranked team in my series destroyed the 4th ranked one 9-0 away from home, whereas I only won 1-0 against them at home last week. It seems that having a good offense, defense, and keeper but a bad midfield causes low-scoring victories.

But, a win's a win I guess. I'm currently ranked 2nd in my series. My match of the season is coming up next week, against the first ranked team. Wish me luck! :D

yndy
19-01-2004, 09:36
I won 3-1 against no. 3 after he had 0-1 and it was 1-1 at half time. This victory kept me on 2nd with chances to win the league. I still have a tough match next week.

Yeah, I have a newcomer in my division that played 6-2-2 this week. He also lost 2-0. With tactics like that you need to have a devastating attack and midfield. I would play 2-5-3 to score a maximum number of goals against such teams.

Shabbaman
19-01-2004, 11:47
I won 0-4. Unfortunately, my forward is suspended due to his booking for a schwalbe. I also figured out why I got two red cards in my previous league match (which costed me the match, obviously): my team confidence was "wonderful". That's what you get when you win 5 times in a row...

Quick q (or better, confirmation): player form is calculated on friday. Players who haven't played "that week" have a higher chance of a form decrease. So the q is: that week, is that last sunday and next wednesday? I think it is, but I need to know for sure. Actually, something else wouldn't make sense (but, I've played footiemanager.com so "sense" is something to doubt...)

yndy
19-01-2004, 12:15
I guess so but not sure. I know that changes in form take effect over longer periods, I guess that's even more than one week as my former injured players still decrease in form one week after full recovery.

Shabbaman
19-01-2004, 12:49
Changes in form are random, that's what I'm told. Form decrease, that is, I don't know about form increase. But if a player doesn't play, his form can drop rapidly: that's because they've got a higher chance of a skill decrease. I'll ask on the HT forum.

Cruise
19-01-2004, 13:15
I won 7-1, and one striker scored 5 times[goodjob]

Shabbaman
19-01-2004, 13:23
Dare to list him next wednesday, and I'll assure he he'll break a leg ;)

ProPain
19-01-2004, 13:57
And traditionally I lost my league match. A 0-4 loss, supporters are angry and TS & team confidence are below freezing point. I'm slowly sliding into the abyss.....

yndy
19-01-2004, 14:56
quote:Originally posted by ProPain

And traditionally I lost my league match. A 0-4 loss, supporters are angry and TS & team confidence are below freezing point. I'm slowly sliding into the abyss.....

I guess you could use some help. Let me check your games and league for some time, and I'll get back.

ProPain
19-01-2004, 15:17
Thanks, will send you details.

Schip
19-01-2004, 16:29
I drawed my match against nr 5, which sucks. In previous weeks he was playing an unbelievable 2-4-2 formation, so I gambled on an offensive tactick. I didn't do so bad, but I think me playing 3-5-2 cost me the match. Positive things from this match are that I have excellent experience with 3-5-2 now, and that the situation regarding the championship didn't change (I still have to win against the nr 1 in 2 weeks)
PP I'll be gentle on you next wednesday :)

yndy
20-01-2004, 10:45
quote:Originally posted by yndy
I guess you could use some help. Let me check your games and league for some time, and I'll get back.
Some initial thoughts. Looking at your team, I see the form of your players is an absolute disaster, the only explanation is that you are currently training stamina. That is very good because you need it badly. As soon as you have all midfielders at solid or excellent stamina you can start your specific training, playmaking IIRC. Poor form alone can be the reason you’re losing so many games but since you’ll be over with stamina training soon there’s no need to worry. By the beginning of next season your players will have an passable average form.

Now for your next matches:
You have played a perfect 3-5-2 in your game against me yet you played a dull 4-4-2 in your league. That’s not helping you. You got a poor midfield rating playing with me, while you are stuck at wretched with all the others. The teams in your league have a poor or weak midfield and your first objective should be to get there.

So I suggest you play exactly how you played with me with Bagel with a MOTS team attitude just to be sure. There’s your first victory for morale.

Then play 3-5-2 against Macco with both wingers positioned towards middle to boost your midfield in exchange for attack that you won’t need in that match anyway, use pressing tactic to minimize attack chances as yours won’t get through but theirs would, and PIC attitude as you are going to lose that game anyway.

I’ll go with another 3-5-2 just like you played me against AFACAJAX also with a MOTS team attitude that could give you another victory or at the very least a decent match in front of the fans.

Last match is also a sure loss, I’d do the same as with Macco except that you won’t need to PIC anymore as it’s the last game of the season, play MOTS again.

Also hire 1 Sport Psycologist to help raise your confidence a little; I imagine it’s very low.

Shabbaman
20-01-2004, 11:01
At the start of the next season you're TS will get set at "composed" anyway :)

ProPain
25-01-2004, 12:56
Yndy, thanks for the great advice, I'm putting it into effect immediately.

You were right about me training stamina, but form wasnt much before that either. Also I hired a sport psychologist 2 weeks ago or something, but the constant beatings seem to be a bit to much for him too [lol]

Will let you know tonights results!

quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

At the start of the next season you're TS will get set at "composed" anyway :)

Now that cheers me up considerably, 4 matches to go and TS will be better than now. This also means buying player at the end of season is a good idea instead of at the start.

ProPain
25-01-2004, 23:21
A draw, 1-1. At least it is not a loss. Attitudes changed a bit for the better right away so that's an improvement.