PDA

View Full Version : PBEM Status 2004

digger760
13-01-2004, 17:17
The christmas break made me relise that i have way to many PBEM's games going, and i was very tempted to drop them all after christmas, but instead i have decided try to ease back my PBEM commitments a bit. This means:

*No more new PBEM's (for a while)
*No more new spoilers
*No more following other peoples spoilers, except maybe Kemal, cos he writes execellent spoilers
*No participation in the IDSG game
*Reduced time to play PBEM to
~8am GMT
~1pm GMT
~5pm GMT

But i will still provide support to Propain for the ladder database (cos that takes F'all effort)

Current Active Games
Ladder:
digger760 vs Erikk (turn 68)
digger760 vs Puwen (turn 68)

Other PBEM's:
NH1
DiggerPBEM
Markstar - fair starts
TinyChaos2
CrocPBEM
AnzacPBEM
RiseOfRome
8player
Pro760
SirEric challenge match

Pastorius
13-01-2004, 18:38
doh

I ll be there when you change your mind and want to beat someone before turn 100 [:p]

anarres
13-01-2004, 21:20
Are you happy playing Rise of Rome or would you like someone else to take it over before it starts?

digger760
14-01-2004, 08:13
Well if somebody else is keen to Play Rise of Rome then I will be happy for them to take over otherwise i will still play it (i have sent the first turn to BW already)

anarres
14-01-2004, 11:22
What made you decide to cut back anyway?

digger760
14-01-2004, 12:54
For some unfortunate and deeply upsetting reason, to much web browsing and playing games seems to give me a head ache, which can can take a few days (normally the weekend) on avoiding the PC to go away.

Since i have cut back i have been feeling much better. Fortunately the biggest cut back has been web browsing. and not so much on game playing.

But also with all the PBEM's games i have had my fill of CIV each week so dont play any SP CIV and would really like to finish games a bit more frequently. I have hardly touched C3C.

I also find PBEM's games that do not achieve about 4 turns or more a week are more of a hinderance than fun. So I might drop out of all the slow games.

Sir Eric
24-01-2004, 08:55
Understandable, my game with you and the one I have going with Killer is the only 2 that I get regularly. I have 5 others that have died in the arse.
Are you ok with the pace of how our game is going though I only play a turn every 1-3 days?

digger760
26-01-2004, 09:00
Our game is going fine, i'm pretty sure we can finish that game before the end of the year. Its the games were there is no end in sight and i have to chase up almost every turn that irritates me.

I want to spend some time with SP again, but with all the PBEM's i have i just dont feel like it when it comes around to having a go at it. (I hope its not the beginnings of civ burn out :()