PDA

View Full Version : 1 vs 1 game wanted - LOOKING FOR OPPONENT

Arghis
10-01-2004, 14:17
Hi all. i just subscribed to CDZ, and wish to make my first game (here). i never PBEM Civ, usually playing against AI and sometimes Internet MP.

I'm not sure to understand, for now, all CDZ rules / way of handling games, but as for map request i've nothing special to ask.

I usually play on dif lvl 4 (on 6 - i don' t remember how they name this lvl), and sometimes lvl 5 (but AI cheating is really boring).

i can play CIV, PTW or C3C, as u like ,and i have free time

Waiting to read u

Beam
10-01-2004, 16:16
Welcome to CDZ Arghis, hope you have a good time here. Unfortunately all my pbem slots are filled, but most likely you will find someone interested within e few days.

On rules, there is a discussion going on to be clear about "undescribed" rules here: http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1306

And I recommend to read some spoilers just get a clue why PBEM is different from SP.

Have fun!

Markstar
20-01-2004, 22:28
I'll play you, but it has to be PTW for now.

Any settings are fine by me, just tell me before you request the map so I can tell you my tribe. [:p]

I'm also wondering if you have to register the game somewhere to make it count for the ladder...[?]

Arghis
21-01-2004, 00:00
PTW is fine for me.

As for map, in this case, i prefer small to standard sized, some IA (2-4 ; more if u insist), roaming barbs to spice up the things and huts for the randomness side, continents style (or archipelago).

i find interesting playing in Arid Climate, temperate temperature, 5 billion Age.

As for the country, i have some prefs, but it also depends if you prefer a warlike game or a more scientific / commercial / cultural one. My choices would be :
Germans / Greeks / Spain / French, for instance ; Rome or Carthage also interest me.

i think that there is enough choice for us (at least for me) not having trouble finding our side.

As for diff, not under Monarch.

For Ladder yes u have to mail an admin (there is a link named ladder on part top right of this page). I prefer playing in ladder mode.

Tell me when u're inscribed; for the maps,

Arghis
21-01-2004, 00:10
oh - PTW version 1.27f ok ?

Markstar
21-01-2004, 00:39
Yes, 1.27.
Everything sounds perfect, I'll take Japanese (if you do not take Rome) preferably on a standard map. If you take Rome then I'd like Persia. [crazyeye]

I don't care about the other settings, so feel free to start whatever you want.

Arghis
22-01-2004, 15:13
Hi

i have some probs with my ISP, some i'll be "out of reach" for a few days.

That said, i take german. i will make a map request soon.

Markstar
22-01-2004, 15:15
No problem, take your time! [smokin]

Lt. Killer M
22-01-2004, 17:02
hey Arghis, welcome to CDZ!

if you cna take another game PBEM I am on!

Markstar
01-02-2004, 22:07
Hi,
I was wondering what happened to our game. Are you still interested? So far only anarres is playing against me... [cry]

Arghis
10-02-2004, 20:59
Hi !

my probs with my ISP are past now. So, yes Markstar, i'm still interested, and yes Lt Killer, i'm ok for another game.

Markstar, i'll ask for the map tonight.

Lt, what do u want to play ? Ptw ? Conquest ? What kind of map suits u ?

Irigy
11-02-2004, 20:08
Hi,

i might also squeeze in one more PBEM. I'd suggest a Conquests game on a not too big map... everything else is negotiable. :)

Markstar
12-02-2004, 12:06
What about our game? Are you still interested?

Arghis
12-02-2004, 13:28
me ?? yes i am ! i wait for the map now

Lt. Killer M
12-02-2004, 14:05
Arghis,

how about we get us a conquest game going? a nice Pangea or cont game with 6 AIS?

Markstar
12-02-2004, 14:24
Ups, sorry Arghis.
Seems like making a PTW map is much more complicated. [sad]

Arghis
12-02-2004, 15:13
quote:Originally posted by Lt. Killer M

Arghis,

how about we get us a conquest game going? a nice Pangea or cont game with 6 AIS?

yes, in this ase i'd rather choose continents. Ok for you ?
some roaming bars, some huts.

What about Climate & Co ? Do u agree on old wolrd (5 billions), arid and cold for instance ?

Diff Monarch suits u ?

and for civ, well i try the Celts !

could you make the map request ?

i use last c3c 1.15 beta patch (cause Moff Jerrod and i had trouble with me without it)

Well waiting to read u

Arghis
12-02-2004, 15:16
quote:Originally posted by Markstar

Ups, sorry Arghis.
Seems like making a PTW map is much more complicated. [sad]

well, we'll have to wait unless you can catch C3C somewhere for u

Arghis
19-02-2004, 10:26
Lt Killer M !! ? Are u still in the area ?

Irigy. Yes, i still have free time for another (one has already begun and the second is in stand-by state due to map probs). What about you ?

Irigy
19-02-2004, 11:02
I'm still open for a game.
Large continents,
6 AIs, emperor,
roaming barbarians.
Normal Climate
young world (for a change)

Arghis
19-02-2004, 13:47
ok for me.

What about the country ? i opt for Carthage. and you ?

You make the map request ?

Irigy
19-02-2004, 14:46
I posted a map request here:
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1513

I took the French - i hope that's ok for you. Otherwise, we'll just change that (disregard that Vikings thingie... it's a little joke on my side)

Arghis
19-02-2004, 16:17
no prob

i think u forgot

Player order
Player1: Arghis and Carthage
player2: you and French

(or the opposite, you first & me second if you prefer)

Also, u should indicate Civ version. Personnaly, i use last C3C beta patch.

Moff Jerjerrod
07-03-2004, 21:02
Arghis check your PM.

Moff