PDA

View Full Version : training

Schip
09-01-2004, 00:00
I've got a question, maybe somebody knows the answer.

I want to train 5 young (age 17-19) midfielders, so a set the training specialty to short pass. With my weak coach, 3 assistants and 100% this should take 8 to 10 weeks (calculated in HO!)

My questions:
- Is it possible to view the progress of the training each week? I noticed some improvement in skills when comparing two weeks, but don't know if that's it.
- Do I have to train short pass for 8 weeks in a row, or can I switch to other kinds of training without a penalty?

Another question:
Is it possible to find the weather forecast?

thnx, Schip

Schip
09-01-2004, 00:01
Never mind the weather, I found it in the regions section.

ProPain
09-01-2004, 00:11
You found the weather! Good to know!

yndy
09-01-2004, 08:12
Short passes trains passing ability.

The primary skill of playmakers is playmaking ability and that is what you should train.

With your weak coach and 3 assistants I would say training would take 11-13 weeks for playmaking skill. I strongly suggest you buy a passable coach with poor leadership (assuming you can't afford a solid coach with poor leadership).

Playmaking training increases the playmaking skill of inner midfields (100%) and of wingers (50%) so by playing a league game and a friendly one each week with 3 inner midfields and 2 wingers each time you can train 10 players in playmaking per week (6 at 100%, 4 at 50% meaning it will take twice as long for them to grow).

No you cannot see progress every week in skill but you will see the assessed value increase. You can use a manager program to help you monitor your players (I use HT Buddy) or you can make a note when they increase every time.

Yes you can change training whenever you feel like it without loosing any training.

Schip
09-01-2004, 16:28
Ok, thnx.

good tip on the coach, i'm looking for one right now.
I also download the Buddy, and have been looking at the training.
In the window "current in training" no players are listed, is that because players only train when they've played a match on the right position (so i'll see them on monday)? or did I do something wrong?

Schip

Shabbaman
09-01-2004, 16:31
Players only get training when they've played a match.

yndy
10-01-2004, 06:49
quote:Originally posted by Schip

In the window "current in training" no players are listed, is that because players only train when they've played a match on the right position (so i'll see them on monday)? or did I do something wrong?

HT Buddy cannot extract old training data so it will estimate training considering the start date as 0% training. This is probably not true because some of your players could have some accumulated training. It will be more correct after the first increase of the player recorded by HT Buddy.

Schip
11-01-2004, 17:36
thnx, I guessed it must be something like that. Still got problems downloading old matches, but that seems to be a common problem which is to be fixed soon.

Another question, I bought some new players and I'm thinking about ditching some old players that I'm not using/ are useless. I've got a squad of 25 now. What should I do fire or sell? When is a player good to sell (especially older players)?

yndy
12-01-2004, 13:18
As a rule of thumb, players with at least one passable skill should be sold, and the rest should be fired. But you should check the market to see if your players are worth anything.