PDA

View Full Version : C3C 1.14 beta!

col
07-01-2004, 14:09
Looks like the complainers are winning again

A new update will be available later today. I reverted the code back to how it worked in PTW & Civ3, fixed the SPHQ, and slightly reduced the OCN you have when going into the city rank calculation. (There just isn't anyway you will EVER have city rank surpass an OCN of 100+!!

v1.14 BETA
* Returned Corruption calculation to Civ3/PTW's method. However, OCN was calculating too high and has been reduced. Building a Forbidden Palace gives the full bonus back.
* Re-updated Civilopedia for FP.
* Removed MP Player # restrictions for Tiny/Small maps. WARNING: Until the terrain calculation is fixed you may receive an OOS on the 1st turn from players having the same starting locations.
* Editor: No Corruption option for Gov't Corruption Types added

CivGeneral
07-01-2004, 14:10
Another Beta?! Where is the world comming to [:craysyeye:]

Aggie
07-01-2004, 14:14
[aargh]

Skyfish
07-01-2004, 14:15
Unbelievable....

Stapel
07-01-2004, 14:15
As expected?

I am not completely fanatic as some of us, but I really would want to know early in my game if I am able to build 1 or 2 cores.....

Aggie
07-01-2004, 14:19
Stapel, how about you play the 2vs2vs2vs2 with 1.14, I play with 1.13, col with 1.12 and meli with 1.07 [cry]

Grille
07-01-2004, 14:19
Heh- I haven't had time to even install 1.13... [crazyeyes]

col: thank you for keeping us up to date [goodjob]

Btw, are you going to announce 1.15 later this day or tomorrow?[lol]

Beam
07-01-2004, 14:20
Not so strange considering that we are beta-testing now for Firaxis. Before we were not part of that process. Look at it from the positive side, we are involved now instead of having to sit and wait.

col
07-01-2004, 14:20
I'm not in a position to build my FP yet in a C3C pbem game. But soon ;)

col
07-01-2004, 14:24
quote:Originally posted by Grille

col: thank you for keeping us up to date [goodjob]

No point having powerful friends if they arent going to abuse that power ;)

If the beta test program was anything to go by, there are betas coming out every week.

Tavis has indicated that he thinks that after this implementation, he'll leave corruption alone and get on with other pressing stuff.

anarres
07-01-2004, 14:26
Ho hum, back to plan a...

ERIKK
07-01-2004, 14:28
[lol]

I don't complain, I like a strong FP, in any case stronger than the one we have now!

col
07-01-2004, 14:30
Wont be long now before the first "I preferred the good old 1.13 version" post appears at CFC.

Grille
07-01-2004, 14:33
quote:Originally posted by anarres

Ho hum, back to plan a...

Why not (finally) make everything optional?

-Plan A: vanilla/PTW Corruption
-Plan B: anarres style
-Plan C: something
-Plab D: random

[lol]

Aggie
07-01-2004, 14:34
I think that I'm going to take a break from PBEM for a couple of days until things are clear :(.

col
07-01-2004, 14:35
Well there may be something eventually in the editor that would allow you to fine tune your preferred corruption model.

quote:
My hope is to eventually allow customization of the corruption calculation wth the editor,

Aggie
07-01-2004, 14:37
quote:Originally posted by col

Well there may be something eventually in the editor that would allow you to fine tune your preferred corruption model.

quote:
My hope is to eventually allow customization of the corruption calculation wth the editor,

And how to agree upon this in multiplayer games??? This worries me a lot. Except when it is done in the map editor so that all players have the same rules...

Grille
07-01-2004, 14:47
Well, if (modified) corruption calculation was in the .biq (editor related), it wouldn't be a problem.

Something completely different-
what do you think about this to improve hotseat/PBEM:
-combat replay/visibility report (or at least a log for fights) so everybody knows what was going in the interturn
-random playing order each turn (no monopoly trading guarantee)

Aggie
07-01-2004, 14:52
quote:Originally posted by Grille

Well, if (modified) corruption calculation was in the .biq (editor related), it wouldn't be a problem.

Something completely different-
what do you think about this to improve hotseat/PBEM:
-combat replay/visibility report (or at least a log for fights) so everybody knows what was going in the interturn
-random playing order each turn (no monopoly trading guarantee)

Superb ideas Grille (especially the 2nd one), but I don't expect it to happen...

col
07-01-2004, 14:54
But I'll post it in the list of requests for Jesse

Grille
07-01-2004, 14:57
Cool - thanks a lot!! (I did post similar stuff in the rather spammy patch request threads, but I guess Jesse et al are understandably fed up reading)

col
07-01-2004, 14:59
I think he was so swamped and spent so much time trying to read through all the threads, he asked TF for a private forum with access for the beta testers who filter the stuff for him.

Shabbaman
07-01-2004, 15:00
So we've all been promoted to betatesters?

col
07-01-2004, 15:02
Only those who can access the private CFC forum - which includes Anarres and me ....

but in a real sense anyone using 1.12 or 1.13 are beta testers and any feedback is welcome.

Aggie
07-01-2004, 15:05

I think he was so swamped and spent so much time trying to read through all the threads, he asked TF for a private forum with access for the beta testers who filter the stuff for him.

And I fully understand that. It really got out of control [:o]

EDIT: But at CFC there's a thread with a link to 1.13b. Could a mod or TF confirm that this is an official test-release? Now some are in doubt and that is a shame because I like this one to be considered seriously!! More people shoul be convinced that the idea is good :D

col
07-01-2004, 15:14
It would take too long to make 1.13 an official Firaxis release - but Jesse did indicate that he wanted people to try it and I can confirm that it was posted by Jesse himself.

I'm assuming that 1.14 will be released under the same turns.

For what its worth, I think Jesse and Soren's preferred corruption model was 1.13. Thats the way the FP was always intended to work in Civ3 and PTW. It was actually broken in those releases but people didnt realise for a long time until the deconstructors got to work.

Aggie
07-01-2004, 15:16
ehm...I didn't mean official [blush] . I did mean that someone should confirm that Jesse wanted us to try it out :D

Good to know that they prefer 1.13 :D

col
07-01-2004, 15:20
Accoding to Jesse, 1.14 should be out later 'today' . I guess thats US time. I'll post a link to it as soon as I can.

Anarres has only just discovered the Beta forum despite having access for several days :rolleyes:

Matrix
07-01-2004, 22:37
Anarres was never really active as beta tester either. [rolleyes]

Melifluous
07-01-2004, 22:51
quote:Originally posted by Matrix

Anarres was never really active as beta tester either. [rolleyes]

I think we'll ignore that remark ... [coool]

Please keep 1.13 corruption

It made so much more sense than somethings I've heard recently [rolleyes]

Melifluous

anarres
07-01-2004, 23:52
Actually, I was a terrible beta tester. I played far to many other PBEMs at that time and hardly played it at all. :(

Skyfish
08-01-2004, 08:38
So ?
No 1.14 ?
;)

Stapel
08-01-2004, 10:08
It all boils down to 1 or 2 cores. Whatever Firaxis comes up with, they should make that working properly.

So, if we CDZ-ers conclusively tell Firaxis we prefer one or the other system, will they actually listen to us?

If so, maybe we should make a poll / vote, and then power-attack Firaxis with the result?

col
08-01-2004, 10:28
It looks like Jesse is pausing for breath and thought. Maybe he's having second thoughts about going back to the ptw FP model since there were many people who have argued for the new model. I think he's a bit taken aback by the volume and quality of the feedback.

He says the next unofficial update will be postponed until the end of the month with an offical patch at the end of February.

Skyfish
08-01-2004, 10:36
[eek]

Aggie
08-01-2004, 11:38
Sounds very good col! Now everyone can get used to the idea of 1.13 and maybe they'll even like it :)

Stapel
08-01-2004, 15:36

It looks like Jesse is pausing for breath and thought. Maybe he's having second thoughts about going back to the ptw FP model since there were many people who have argued for the new model. I think he's a bit taken aback by the volume and quality of the feedback.

Which is exactly why my idea, (which is not brilliant, but just practical), is good.

If we, as regular PBEM-ers, come to a conclusion, either classic two core, or the new 1 1/2 core idea, we can ask you (Col) tosend a message to Jesse:

Dear Jesse,

We think it should this&that.
Blablabla.
that&this.

Regards,
Aggie
Anarres
ProPain
Col
Eldakkar
Stapel
Killer
Jack Merchant
Kemal
Cartouche Bee (where is he anyway?)
Wildfire
Poisson de Ciel
Shabbaman
Matrix
Plux
Nightfa11
DrA
ERIKK
others

Would that help?

Aggie
08-01-2004, 15:48
I'm going to install 1.13 and play my PBEM's with it now that 1.14 doesn't appear to be coming.